“A good choice for a short stay” 4 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #36 of 110 Hotels in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Jersey
“A good choice for a short stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed in this hotel for 1 night pre-cruise. The hotel recently went through renovations and the upgrades are noticeable and impressive. The room we stayed in was a bit on the small side but it was comfortable for a 1 night stay. The bathroom was just too small. There is a Starbucks located in the lobby and there is adequate seating there to enjoy a latte or light snack. The young lady Norma who works the valet parking desk is wonderful, very accommodating and professional. Overall, if I needed a place to stay short-term while in Miami, I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Polish first
Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

This has been my fifth stay at the property. It is very close to the airport, centrally located, and offers calm within the hustle of Miami. The staff here is incredible. If you show up late at night be assured that a gracious Javier will take good care of you. George at the front desk is an absolute delight - he wears many hats and is very helpful. Janella cannot seem to loose her smile even though she is running around to help all over the place. Enjoy this property and your travels.

Room Tip: If you want to see the sunrise ask for the east, if you want a glorious sunset over the airport look...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Denarau Island, Fiji
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We recently stayed at the Miami International Airport in Fl and was greeted by an exceptional group of young professionals. We make it a point to stay at the Marriott's because we feel we get quality, consistency and cleanliness compared to some of the other hotels.
I want to go on to say it was very nice to see young smiling people (too many of the older employees just seem as though they are on auto pilot with the fake smiles) that loved what they were doing and exemplified the Marriott standards of the way they treated customers.
Shalaka, Jorge and Melvin went out of their way to ensure we had all we needed and was very helpful on recommendation of restaurants to eat at.
I would definitely stay at this Marriott and recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Raul U, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Kally P
Thank you for your great feedback! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our facilities and our staff made you feel most welcomed! I will certainly recognize Shalaka, Jorge and Melvin for ‘going out of their way’ to ensure you had everything you needed. Thank you for your recommendation to our property and I am happy you enjoyed our dining options. We look forward to seeing you, and hopefully your friends and family soon!
Malaga, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I used my points for this stay otherwise I would have said that there are other hotels in the nearby offering better value such as free wifi and free breakfast, with equally as good a room at lower cost.. There was also some aircraft noise, although this stopped at night.

Room Tip: Shop around for a better deal close by.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Raul U, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Stewart1234567
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you felt the stay was not as valuable as you had hoped. We do have complimentary Wi-Fi in the lobby. The breakfast we offer is a buffet with various hot options such as omelet station, egg Florentine and much more versus the complimentary continental menu choices at other hotels. I am surprised to hear about the noise. We upgraded our windows to block out airport and highway noise. Nonetheless you are important to us and your feedback is truly valuable as it allows us to look into these areas of concern. I hope that this experience does not permanently tarnish your impression of us. I hope that you allow us another opportunity to serve you again.
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Upon arrival we had been on a long flight and just wanted to sleep but on checking in the staff were very slow and more interested in answering the phone and just generally sluggish.

We looked at the food menu and was reasonably priced and settled for some meatballs which were great and waitress was very friendly.

Rooms were adequate but had stayed at the Hilton in Miami the previous week and this put the Marriott completely to shame, the rooms weren't the cleanest I have stayed in (especially the bathroom).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear jackieboii,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the food and our server was friendly. Unfortunately you did not have a good experience with our rooms and checking in and I apologize for that. I will certainly address these service breakdowns with my leadership staff. Our guests are extremely important to us and when we fall short of our expectations we do everything we can to rectify it. I hope on your next visit to South Florida you give us another opportunity to serve you again. Please feel free to contact me at 305-644-5494 and it would be a pleasure to assist you with your stay at the Miami Airport Marriott.
Chino Hills, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have a friend who works for Marriott, so I have stayed at quite a few around the country. This one was alright, pleasant stay, but the building needs to be updated.

I was here on a business trip, checking in was a little bumpy, as they had a problem with our group reservation on their end. It got figured out, but waiting for 10 minutes when you've been traveling all day seems like an eternity. It is an older building, but they try to make up for it with the Marriott decor. The room was alright, except for the strange brown stain on my pillow (which thankfully at a closer glance was just a burn mark). There was also a used tissue in the shower, smashed against the shower head, probably missed buy housekeeping.

Other than the 2 strange things I found, the stay was comfortable. The room service food and restaurant were very expensive so we walked to a Cuban restaurant down the street that was delicious.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Raul U, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Adventureandthrills,
Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us. I am sorry that the facility did not meet your expectations and that you had issues with room cleanliness. I will address these areas of concern with my leaders and take necessary action for positive improvements. We have upgraded our interiors such as replacing carpeting and wallpaper and look forward to future improvements. I hope that you visit us again in the future and it would be a pleasure to host you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed here before a cruise and it was a great experience!! Airport shuttle, shuttle to the Port of Miami, and they even checked our bags in while we killed time for our late flight when we returned from our cruise. Highly recommend this Hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Josh407,
I am so excited to hear about your experience at the Miami Airport Marriott! Every day we strive to provide our guests a memorable and flawless stay and so happy to hear we made that happen for you. Hope to see you soon!
Resident Manager

Been to Miami Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!