“Marriott v Courtyard - Miami Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #34 of 111 Hotels in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Miami, Florida
“Marriott v Courtyard - Miami Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I'm at the Courtyard - Miami Airport. Wish I had stepped up to the Marriott. Courtyard is nice but shows its age. Also, the restaurant at the Courtyard (called Champions) was 1/3 step above mediocre bar-food. Was there last night. Service was abysmal; food was okay. Went to the Marriott next door tonight instead; food was excellent and service (a gent by the name of Noel) was off-the-chart excellent. Mark, the restaurant manager, was also very attentive and sincere in providing great, personable service. Noel was so good, I'm going back again tomorrow.

So, when in Miami, at the airport... choose the Marriott, especially for meals.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Polish first
Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Ralph is a valet that has helped tremendously in making my stay at Miami Airport Marriott worthwhile. He has been very helpful in providing genuine service and adequate information about things to do. The hotel is extremely clean and relaxing. I recommend that anyone can have a great time at this hotel.

Room Tip: stay on the 6th floor or upward. Great view!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Green Features: extremely incredible; they have contract with pure which makes the rooms comfortable. The staff are very friendly and kind.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about Ralph. I will ensure to share your comments with the team and ensure he is recognized. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel clean and relaxing.
We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for staying with us.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

One of my favorite things about this Marriott is the shuttle bus from the airport and Hertz rental car onsite. That leads to two things:
- cost saving on the rental car (normally a day)
- no hassle of going to the airport rental car center

The hotel itself is ok. The rooms are a bit run down for Marriott standard.

If you can, ask for a room away from the house keeping station. I found it annoying when the housekeepers in the morning will chat in the corridor and wake me up.

Room Tip: away from the house keeping station
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am very happy to hear about your savings and satisfaction with our airport shuttle and Hertz on site rental. We strive to provide convenient and efficient services for our frequent travelers.
I will share your comments about our housekeeping department noise levels with the team, but I assure you that this is not a common occurence.
Thank you for staying with us and for your review.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I sat down at the bar last night (12/27) around ten minutes before close of happy hour. A bartender acknowledged my presence with a "be right with you" before heading over to the other end, where he and the other two barkeeps kept their attentions strictly confined to the small cluster of ladies. Happy hour passed. Ten more minutes went by, without even a cursory glance from the staff. No menu was given, no further words were spoken. Five more minutes later I rose and left in disgust.

Breakfast room service: The person that delivered our breakfast was very decent. The breakfast, however, was not. The sausages stank of old oil, and the hot chocolate was clumpy and cold.

The good: The front desk staff were very professional and accommodating.
The bad: Avoid that bar. The little restaurant next door serves better food.

Overall: Somewhat expensive for the value received. I would rather spend my night in the Courtyard property next door than in this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Glen Allen, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Nice little hotel, the free wifi and starbucks in the lobby was really nice. One staff member name Nicholas was really nice! Made us feel right at home, from the time we checked in to the time we checked out. I don't know why everyone says this hotel is bad, would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and the great comment about Nicholas. I will make sure to share the comments with his team.
I am glad to hear that you will stay with us again.

Mount Bethel, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Was there on a business trip and stopped into canefire grill for a drink. The bartenders Ira and Rosie kept me company for hours - two wonderful, witty people that made feel at home. I'll be back, thanks to them.
For an airport hotel, this Marriott campus has everything you need; thank heavens, nothing much else around.

Room Tip: The campus has three Marriott properties, full service, courtyard and residence inn. The Residence I...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time write a review about your recent stay.
It is absolutely great to hear such wonderful comments about out staff. I will be sure to share your comments with Ira and Rosie.
We will see you again soon!

naperville, il
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel pre-cruise. The hotel is in decent shape. Nothing spectacular, but good for a single night stay. However, service was a bit lacking. We went to the sports bar on premise. The next day, our $32 bill mysteriously multiplied to a $52 bill on our final hotel bill. We went to the front desk. No question an error occurred, but the staff offered no apology or explanation regarding how this occurred. The front desk acted like I was inconveniencing them but calling this to their intention. I stay at Hilton, Marriott, etc. to avoid these type of issues and receive an acceptable level of service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay. I am very sorry to hear about the confusion on your bill. We take great pride in the service we provide for our guest and I am surprised to hear that you felt our staff did not provide a satisfactory response.
I hope that you will stay with us again.

David Cesario

Been to Miami Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!