“I am a return guest for a reason” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Kids Eat Free + Save 15%
Ranked #37 of 130 hotels in Miami
Atlanta, Georgia
“I am a return guest for a reason”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Ian's a business traveler, I have pretty high expectations for my choice of hotel, and this one meets all of them,

The staff and the service are what set this hotel apart. I especially adore Sandra N. in the Cane Fire Grill. She is always so pleasant and so helpful.

The rooms are nicely appointed, well decorated and immaculately clean. The beds are very comfortable and the showers are great. I like that you can keep the room cold, since that's the way I like to sleep. (Not all hotels do.)

The only reason I gave four stars instead of five is the parking. There are not enough spaces, and the ones on the sides and in the back are not well lit , a long way to the door and, in my opinion, not safe. Also, the parking rates they charge are way too high. $17 is too much for this area, then you have to tip the valet, if you use them because there aren't enough spaces, which makes it even more.

Overall, I like this place and stay here when I'm in Miami for work.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the great review. It is great to know that we were able to meet all of your expectations. Sandra will be very happy to hear the great comment you provided about her. I appreciate the feedback regarding the parking, and I am happy to report that we are working on a parking plan to better accommodate our guests who wish to self park.

581 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Polish first
Georgia, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel is OLD OLD OLD! This is the worst marriott ive ever stayed at. Its in a bad area. The parking is SEVENTEEN dollars per day. RIDICULOUS!! on top of that, the parking situation is terrible. Both nights i had to park at the courtyard and walk really far. Its scary at night. The lobby has been updated, but its a false impression of the rooms. The room is tiny. The decor in the room is cheap. The positives are that the service is great and it seems to be clean. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you had trouble finding parking near the hotel. We are now offering Valet services to better accomodate our guests when the hotels are busy. Thank you for your positive comments regarding our lobby , staff service and cleanliness.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The staff all AWESOME!
Andrew is the man at the front desk!
Maria & Brenda are just as good
Jasiel - is a true Man!!!
Dinner was AWESOME!
Stayed for 3 nights - would come back - BIG TIME!
AWESOME AWESOME good best great the place to be good food around area shopping everything you want airport wonderful people and staff

Room Tip: Be kind & west side
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your "Awesome" review. I will be sure to share your comments with Andrew, Maria, Brenda, and Jasiel.
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your dinner in Cane Fire Grill.

Thank you for staying with us and we will see you on your next visit to Miami.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I cannot tell you how professional, courteous and ACCOMODATING the staff are at this property! The room and facilities are immaculate and the location to the airport is great- free shuttle and then you can access public transp. to get to South Beach in about 20 minutes or Downtown on the metrorail in about 20 minutes- the same train takes you to Coconut Grove and Dadeland Mall all under 45 minutes.

Everyone beteween Ira and his fellow bartenders, to Sandra a lively hostess and all of the front desk staff make you feel like a welcomed friend and a valued guest. I

Room Tip: Higher up- nice view.
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to hear about the great experience you had at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our free shuttle and experience Miami's Downtown, South Beach and Dadeland Mall.
I will be sure to share your comments with Ira and Sandra.

Thank you for staying with us.

Glasgow UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We picked this hotel for an overnight on our trip. We were travelling Glasgow (Scotland) to Heathrow, Heathrow to Miami and we wanted an overnight before picking up a hire car and driving down to the keys. From long experience of airport hotels, we were not expecting much but actually it was very pleasant and I'd recommend it wholeheartedly. The courtesy bus was no problem and the reception staff were welcoming and friendly. The airline had kindly left our luggage behind in London, but the staff were very sympathetic and provided razors, shaving cream and the like. Our room was spacious, clean and quiet, with a good bed. We had a light snack at the health club bar which was all we needed. Well done Marriott!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We take great pride in providing friendly and efficient service. I will be sure to share you comments with the Miami Airport Marriott Team. I am glad that we were able to assist in providing the items that were left behind in your luggage by the airline.

Again thank you for the positive review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Miami.

Saint Augustine, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Made reservation via Priceline because I tok a job at Miami International Airport, and have been living out of a hotel for several weeks. Sadly, when I plugged 3 stars into Priceline, instead of the usual Holiday Inn near the airport, I wound up winning Marriott at Miami Airport. When I pulled up, first thing I noticed was a parking notice, and I had to take a ticket to get to my hotel. When I checked in, I asked about the parking and was told that since I booked on Priceline, I would be charged an extra $18 a day for parking. Luckily, I have free parking at the airport, so I was able to drive my car to work and catch the Marriott school bus back to the hotel, and will have to use their bus for the remainder of the week. When I FINALLY got to my room, I opened my iPad to catch up with email, etc., and saw that for another $18 a day, I would have the "luxury" of Internet. I went to call my wife and tell her about this amazing experience with this money grubbing and price gouging place, when I saw they ALSO charge a dollar every time you use their phone - local, 800, long distance (with a card), anytime. SO, since they hadn't been upfront about their exhorbant charges when I checked in, I called the manager. He simply said that the powers above his called the shots and he couldn't help with the extra $40 a day I would have to pay for the same level of service Holiday Inn or ANY OTHER HOTEL IN THE AREA OFFERS FOR FREE. I will never stay at another Marriott as long as I live, and plan to boycott this price gouging rip-off joint to everybody at my airport including airport and airline employees. In this day and age, there is NO call for this slimy type of profiteering, and I will also let Priceline know that Trump isn't the only rip-off in Miami - Marriott charges even more than Trump Doral does with their resort fees! AVOID UNLESS YOU DON'T HAVE A CHOICE!!!

Room Tip: Stay at a Holiday Inn, Hyatt, or Hilton. You will not like what this place tries to do to get into y...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate our customer feedback as this is the best way to gauge the level of service we are providing.
I understand your concerns regarding our pricing for the services we provide. All hotel information may not always be listed on a 3rd party website. When booking directly through Marriott.com, all hotel information, including pricing for services, is clearly communicated. Our parking is listed at $17/day and our internet fee is listed at $14.95/day. Full service hotels, such as ours, do typically charge a fee for these services. Our hotel is part of a "campus" which includes a Courtyard and Residence Inn, that cater to different needs and may not charge for certain services such as internet.

Again I thank you for your review and for staying with us.

Willemstad, null, Netherlands Antilles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I love when you step into a hotel and the person behind the counter genuinely is willing to help you achieve a good stay. they will also help you get a futurte reservation for the best price. I left a slipper in my room and they send an email notifying me that they found my slippers. Wow

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review on your recent stay. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service and genuine care.

David Cesario

Been to Miami Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!