“Not the hotel from hell, but I hope not to stay here again” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #43 of 115 Hotels in Miami
ohio
“Not the hotel from hell, but I hope not to stay here again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here three nights for business meetings. Doesn't look much like photos on website - very cramped grounds, rather tired hotel.
Shuttle from the airport - due to lack of clear signage at the Miami airport, I wandered outside for at least 15 minutes watching and waiting for a Marriott shuttle, which never arrived, and not knowing whether it was late or if I was simply in the wrong place, I took a cab.
Front desk service was unenthusiastic - maybe they were tired from the winter rush, but I did not feel welcome. Overall attitude of the staff seemed to be tolerating but not hospitable.
Room was odd - why on earth do they provide thick down comforters in Miami ? Air conditioning struggled to keep up. Bathroom was very small - I could barely turn around without hitting something. All was clean, tho, and bed was comfortable.
Breakfast buffet was rather expensive for the poor selection and mediocre quality. Lunch buffet food was forgettable.
Meeting rooms were stuffy, chairs were uncomfortable.
The fitness facility was good - lots of equipment, mats, spacious. Outdoor pool not good for lap swimming, tho.
No stores nearby, but at least Starbucks in the lobby provided some snacks.
Computer in lobby for printing boarding passese.
At checkout my bill was incorrect. I was in a hurry and they said they would email me the final corrected bill. Despite a followup phone request, I have yet to receive the bill.
Shuttle to the airport was fine - driver was friendly. Be aware that the shuttle makes several stops so allow extra time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We do appreciate customer feedback as this is the best way to improve our services and products.
I do apologize for the issues you encountered throughout your stay, and do wish we had the opportunity to correct them while you were staying with us.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our fitness center, Starbucks, and boarding pass printer.
Please feel free to contact me directly if you are still in need of your final bill. (305) 649-5000.

I hope that you do provide us another opportunity to service your business needs and I thank you for staying with us.

David Cesario

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Polish first
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I made a reservation at this hotel for an overnight layover when traveling through Miami. I did not remember staying here in the past until I actually walked into the lobby. Then I remembered that I didn't like it here last time because of the curtains not closing all the way and light shining into my room all night. This time I did not have the problem and slept quite good.

The staff were excellent and the room was as expected for a Marriott. This is one of the things I love about Marriotts and Sheratons and InterContinentals is that no matter where you go in the world you can get a room that is pretty much exactly like any other room in the chain. For someone who travels a lot it is very comforting to know what to expect.

I am happy to say that I would not hesitate to stay here again in the future if I have an overnight in MIA.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you stayed with us again and we were able to meet your expectations this time around. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Miami.

vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Arrived early after a red-eye flight and was allowed to check in straight away. Free shuttle to the airport and $10 for the shuttle to port.

Staff very friendly and welcoming. Free computers to use in the lobby. Starbucks in the lobby also.

Shuttle bus from the hotel to Dolphin Mall.

Everywhere spotless and beds comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great comments about our staff, beds and shuttle. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay prior to your cruise.

We hope to see you again soon.

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had to overnight in Miami between overseas air connections. It was hot, we were tired and we had lots of baggage. Shleping form the airport to a hotel was not expected to be a good thing until we met the Marriott team! Our transit driver was very courteous and helpful. No grumble or flinch on the number and weight of our bags. He was helpful and interested in our travels and when he found we would be leaving the next day he offered advice on departure times and backlogs at security. When we arrived at our hotel we were greeted by another employee to handle our check in. He waited for the front desk to do its thing and then offered to take the bags to our room so we could get a late snack and drink before calling it a day. We arrived to our rooms to find bags in their places, ice in the bucket and chilled bottled water by our beds!

This is a well appointed hotel with all the amenities, but let me tell you, they have a great management approach to their front line faces and they just radiate good will and helpfulness!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is great to read such a wonderful review about your stay. I am very pleased to hear that you found our staff to radiate good will and helpfulness.

Thank you for staying with us and reviewing us.

La Habra, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Free shuttle to the hotel from the airport comes around every 15 minutes or it is only a $10 taxi ride from the airport.

Lobby was nicely decorated. Rooms were nice (not the best Marriott has to offer, but 4 out of 5).
Service at the front desk was very slow - needed more than 2 people checking people in at 10pm - which was disappointing.

Quick room service late at night was a plus.

Concierge breakfast for Elite Marriott members was very good with great fresh strawberries...

I did not see much of Miami - but super convenient to the airport. There is parking fee - so if you can maximize the taxi or shuttle from the airport, you could save some money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate the review on your recent stay. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our shuttle service, lobby, and Concierge lounge.
Thank you for staying with us and for being a loyal Rewards Member.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I checked in late because of flight delays - the restaurant was open. I ordered a flatbread and it was delicious after a day of travel. I appreciated that they kept my water glass filled. The room was comfortable and spacious and the bathroom was very clean and very bright. There is a nice fitness center and the lobby is spacious and welcoming. I was with a large group and it was easy for everyone to gather. The Starbucks is handy - right off the lobby. There was a shuttle too and from the airport. The staff, I encountered, was friendly and welcoming. The only difficulty was in getting cabs in the morning - we had quite a long wait on our first day. The second day was much improved. I had a comfortable and convenient stay. A super clean bathroom is always a good thing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and providing such great feed back. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will ensure to share your comments with our staff.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were not happy to be checking in as we were only meant to be transitting through Miami but our flight connections were ruined (thanks for nothing, American Airlines). However the staff were welcoming and it is a comfortable hotel for an enforced layover. The beds are really comfortable and there is a great gym and nice pool. No views to speak of. The restaurant and bar were good enough and the buffet breakfast quite nice. Surprisingly you don't hear the planes from the room but the plumbing was noisy. The hotel and rooms are old but have been refurbed and the rooms themselves are large and comfortable. It is a short free shuttle to and from the airport so very convenient.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised during your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to review us and for the positive comments regarding our rooms, staff and food and beverage. We take pride in ensuring our guest have a comfortable and quiet stay.

We look forward to seeing you again!