“A nice hotel, just short of excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 15% off + More
Ranked #36 of 130 hotels in Miami
Tallahassee, FL
“A nice hotel, just short of excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at this property for a conference. I really liked the place, and I recommend staying there. But it seemed everything was just 1 step away from being perfect. The room was nicely appointed; I just wish it had a channel guide. The room was clean; except for the make up smudges on the pillowcases when I checked in, and again the next day after I received service. The conference lunch food was superb; the breakfast pastries and desserts left me wanting more. The Cane Fire Grille had a great atmosphere, and the bartenders and service staff were excellent--yet they were out of key lime pie and the manager told me they closed at 11:00 and the bar told me they closed at 12:00, with the bar ending up being correct. The workout facility is excellent, the lobby is spacious and beautiful, their elevators wait for you open on the lobby floor, they've got a departure and arrival screen, and the noise from take offs has been mitigated despite its close proximity. But they vending machines either weren't working or would spit out the wrong soda. And upon checkout the parking gate wouldn't accept my ticket. All in all there was never an overwhelmingly negative experience, just a number of small things that are keeping this hotel from being absolutely perfect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. Your feedback is very important to us. I am very happy to hear that you would stay with us again and that you enjoy our property. I will definetely look into the small items you mentioned to ensure that your next stay here is Perfect.

565 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
virginia beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

as a platium elite member, i have been to Marriott's all over the world. this one has a great lobby and great service at the front desk but lacks in other areas of hotel. upon checkin i received both points and a food item which was nice since i was on vacation with my daughter who check out the ice cream and water on the memu. the lady checking in was great. room was small but had a awesome view of downtown. parking was free fro elite members but i had trouble with my room key not working on the gate. i ended up going back in and getting it fixed which still didn't work so the key is to push the white button and the gate opened. my biggest concern was the pool area. the first morning i wanted to use the pool all the gates were locked and it was 8am. there was no pool hours that i saw but asked the front desk who said it opened at 6 am and to let them know the next morning if security hadn't unlocked it. the next morning i went down around 6:30 and it was open but there wasn't any towels available and the placed was trashed from the night before. i left around 8:30 am a hotel staff was just coming to bring in more towels and fix the pool area. if you open the pool at 6am try and have the pool cleaned and ready to go when it is open. overall i would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. We truly value feedback as this is the best way to gauge the level of service we are providing and prevent issues from occuring.
I am happy to inform you that we have already addressed the incident you experienced and assure you it will not happen again.
It is great to hear that our staff service, and lobby were to your liking and we hope you will come back to visit us again soon.

Stayton, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nothing extra special about this Marriott. The Concierge lounge was way too small. Very hard to find a seat. Also not open enough hours (weekends) Checkin was typical and speedy. The pool area was nice but shared with the other Marriott properties next door.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. It is good to hear that you were pleased with the check in process and with our pool area. I am happy to inform you that we are wokring on improvements to our concierge lounge, and hope you can enjoy it on your next visit.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I travel a LOT for business; I guess I'm hard to impress. The Miami Airport Marriott was absolutely fantastic. Events manager helped me set up Internet connectivity in conference room in no time at all. Server at restaurant treated me like an old friend. Bartender even poured me a new drink when the first one wasn't exactly to my liking. Front desk staff helped me print boarding passes when their kiosk was down. This place DOES IT RIGHT, and my sincere congratulations and appreciation to the general manager.

Room Tip: Lower number rooms (n00, n01, ...) are closest to elevator.
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing those wonderful comments about our staff. I will be sure to share your feedback with them.
Your review is very much appreciated and we hope to see you again soon!

New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

A solid property, adequate in every way. Comfortable, clean room with a nice view of the Miami skyline. Professional staff. The food at the restaurant is quite good and the pool area is nice, especially for an airport hotel. No complaints.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us! I am very pleased to hear that you found our hotel comfortable and clean and our staff professional.
We appreciate you taking the time to review us.
We hope to see you again on your next trip to Miami.

Durham UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife & I make a point of always spending our first night at this hotel when we are visiting Florida via Miami airport.
The hotel is in close proximity to the airport & runs a complimentary shuttle service.
The hotel offers really good rates & has a decent bar & food offering for weary travellers arriving during the evening.
There is also a Hertz rental desk in the hotel lobby which means you can avoid the melee of trying to pick up a car immediately after your flight in the MIA Car Rental Centre.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our amenities and services convenient. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Miami.

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I planned to stay one night at the Miami Airport Marriott on the way to a few days in Bermuda. We didn't expect the superior service and friendly staff we found. The Marriott airport shuttle made getting to and from the hotel easy. When we arrived, members of the hotel staff were greeting guests with little mint flavored drinks - our first Mojitos. The front desk clerk was welcoming, friendly and very helpful. Our room was excellent. I was concerned that airplane noise might be a factor but I didn't hear any airplane noise and had a great night sleep in a very comfortable bed. We had dinner after check in, breakfast in the club and lunch the next day. I had a great Cuban sandwich for dinner and a Marriott Burger for lunch. Both were excellent. My wife had a chicken pannini and said it was very good. We are planning another overnight at this hotel next week and look forward to it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel.
I am very pleased to hear that you found your arrival experience, our staff service, guestroom, and food & beverage excellent.

We will see you on your next stay.
Thank you for your loyalty.
David Cesario

Been to Miami Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!