“conference twice a year” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Kids Eat Free + Save 15%
Ranked #39 of 129 hotels in Miami
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, United States
“conference twice a year”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

we have spent a week twice a year for several years at this facility attending week long conference. The facility is quite old and, although efforts have been made to keep it as up to date as possible, it is still quite dated. We have found the staff to be wonderful!! After our second time there, we began to recognize the front desk staff by name and (more importantly) they knew us by face and in some cases name.

from time to time we have had problems with the beds, but they have been very willing to correct, once they replaced the entire mattress and on another occasion they changed us to a different (and upgraded) room.

The food is typical hotel and unfortunately there are not many adequate eating places in walking distance.

We will be going back and we will enjoy

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
awelc147, Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that you find our staff to be wonderful and I shall share your comments with them. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Miami for your next conference.

602 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
Henrietta, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Despite the somewhat dated exterior, the inside of the Miami Airport Marriott is beautifully decorated and well-equipped. I stayed here for a week while in Miami on business and I had a very comfortable stay. The front desk staff were very courteous and helpful.

The room is good quality - everything you'd expect from a Marriott. Nice heavy drapes for the windows, and even though it is close to the airport, I wasn't bothered at all by the sounds of the planes taking off. Comfortable bed and ample closet space.

The maid service was varied. Nothing I'd consider "bad," but definitely markedly different from one day to the next--you could tell that the same maid didn't make up the room every day. There were always fresh towels (even when I didn't request them) but on a few days, I came back to my room to find it very expertly and thoughtfully freshened up: all new towels put back in their original spots, my bathroom stuff/cologne/toothpaste/etc carefully arranged on a spread-out washcloth, and a couple of chocolate mints on the pillow (very nice!) and on a couple of other days, the bed wasn't made with nearly the same level of attention, nor were all of the towels replaced. Not a complaint, really, just an observation.

The one major annoyance is the fact that you have to pay for wifi in the guest rooms - the "catch" is that it is free in the lobby for anyone. But who wants to traipse down to the lobby to check e-mail--*especially* for work--with all the holier-than-thou executive types trying to act cool and important on their own laptops? Not me. There ended up being $40-50 of taxes per day being added to my bill anyway, why not just add the internet charge there if you must, Marriott? Not providing complimentary wifi in a hotel room these days is like not having a TV or a toilet. Get with the times, please.

Other than that, though, I had a very comfortable stay here, and would consider staying at this hotel again if I needed lodging near the Miami airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that you had a very comfortable stay with us during your business trip in Miami. I will share your comments with the Housekeeping team. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Miami.

New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on my way back from Key West because I had an early morning flight. Hotel staff was friendly and attentive. I had a problem with a running toilet in my room. It was late on Sunday night and I elected not to call anyone because I did not want to have to switch rooms or wait around for maintenance. The following morning I mentioned it upon checkout and manager was nice enough to waive internet charge.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Miami Airport Marriott on your way back from Key West due to your early morning flight, and found our staff to be friendly and attentive.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Miami and our hotel on your next visit from London.

Kyiv, Ukraine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

If you need to spend a night while flying into/from Miami late/early, you are very welcome to this hotel.
It's was not masterminded to serve any travelers' alternative needs, and seems to be just fine with it, efficiently processing "one-night-stay' guests.

btw, you could use a 3rd party dolphin plaza transfer stopping in front of the hotel's entrance it you need to kill 2-3 hours.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
awelc147, Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your Review! We truly appreciate your loyalty and I am very pleased to hear all the positive comments about our staff and efficient actions.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, should your travels bring you back to Miami.

Kind Regards,

Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Our first stay at this hotel, approximately 18 months ago, they gave us shooter's ear plugs, so we would not be disturbed - yeah, great room. Duh... (BTW, I am a Marriott Platinum member, so, I was really quite impressed with this bit of thoughtfullness on their part... ok, enough of the bad humor.)

We needed them again on our stay in April 2013. The noise was unreal. The lack of sound containment between rooms was amazing. The kids in the next room using the beds as trampolines and bouncing on the walls was very exciting... perhaps you may now enjoy those beds if you visit this property.

Obviously, we were not the only ones thrilled with the sound effects as hotel security was knocking on their door repeatedly. Anything behavior allowed for a buck, I guess.

What concerned me was the airline pilots staying in the hotel and if they were getting any sleep. I sure did not want them as my pilots the next day.

So, the food as OK, bordering on good. Prices were steep. Overall, the decor was very nice, next to excellent. Very clean hotel. Service was great. But, so what? If you can't sleep, it all means nothing. Thus, the value is near zero.

I used ear plugs again. Recommendation = if you stay here, bring good quality ear plugs.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay at our hotel. We do appreciate guest feedback, especially from our Elite memebers, as this is the best way to improve our level of service. I do apologize for the noise issue you encountered during your stay. We would have loved the opportunity to make up for this experience while you were staying with us.

I am glad that our service, decor and cleanliness met your expectations and I hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to better serve you.

David Cesario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We spent 2 nights here due to American Airlines computer issues. Our flight was cancelled and were not able to be booked on another flight for 2 days. Close proximity to MIA, shuttle to airport runs on a very regular basis. Hotel lobby very inviting and seemed to be recently renovated. The rooms are on the smaller side and the bathroom is very small, 2 people would be able to get ready at the same time, but everything was clean. Rooms are not to sound proof, as we heard conversations in the hall that sounded like they were in our room. Same issue as previous poster about not being able to print out boarding passes. Concierge club breakfast ends at 9am. Restaurant food was good with a bit of a different menu. Service the 2nd night was very slow, arrived at 5pm and 40 minutes later, we had our food, there were only 2 other tables. Server (Noel) was very good and seemed to really enjoy his job. Restaurant supervisor gave us complimentary Mojitos. Breakfast buffet was a little pricey for the offerings. Our bed was not as comfortable as other Marriott properties we has been. Would return to this location if needed for a 1 night stay. Not much in the area.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel. I am delighted to know that you found our hotel inviting and noticed our new renovations. I appreciate the helpful comments in regards to the slow service in the restaurant.

I am sorry you had issues with our boarding pass printer which was a side effect after we recently changed our internet provider to a more efficient system. I am delighted to say this was corrected and the printer is up and running as usual.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Miami and our hotel on your next.

Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We arrived after midnight from a late flight and experienced a quick check-in. The room was clean and quiet. Some areas for improvement: we wanted to print our boarding passes but the printer wasn't working. We tried another station and we couldn't get the application to work. We went to our room and there were dirty room-service dishes in the hall by the room next to us. At 8 a.m. when we went for breakfast, the dirty dishes were still by the door, even though someone from Marriott had slipped our bill under our door so they had to walk right by them. We also didn't have any wash clothes so we had to use a hand towel to take a bath with in an extremely small bathroom. If this was a category 2 or 3 hotel, I would probably say 4 out of 5 but I expect a little bit more from a category 4 Marriott.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly value our customers feedback as this is the best way for us to improve our level of service. Thank you for providing us with areas in which we can improve upon and rest assured that these items have been adressed.

I am glad to hear that you did find your check in experience efficient and that your room was clean and quiet.

We hope you stay with us again soon on your next visit to Miami

David Cesario

Been to Miami Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!