Despite the somewhat dated exterior, the inside of the Miami Airport Marriott is beautifully decorated and well-equipped. I stayed here for a week while in Miami on business and I had a very comfortable stay. The front desk staff were very courteous and helpful.
The room is good quality - everything you'd expect from a Marriott. Nice heavy drapes for the windows, and even though it is close to the airport, I wasn't bothered at all by the sounds of the planes taking off. Comfortable bed and ample closet space.
The maid service was varied. Nothing I'd consider "bad," but definitely markedly different from one day to the next--you could tell that the same maid didn't make up the room every day. There were always fresh towels (even when I didn't request them) but on a few days, I came back to my room to find it very expertly and thoughtfully freshened up: all new towels put back in their original spots, my bathroom stuff/cologne/toothpaste/etc carefully arranged on a spread-out washcloth, and a couple of chocolate mints on the pillow (very nice!) and on a couple of other days, the bed wasn't made with nearly the same level of attention, nor were all of the towels replaced. Not a complaint, really, just an observation.
The one major annoyance is the fact that you have to pay for wifi in the guest rooms - the "catch" is that it is free in the lobby for anyone. But who wants to traipse down to the lobby to check e-mail--*especially* for work--with all the holier-than-thou executive types trying to act cool and important on their own laptops? Not me. There ended up being $40-50 of taxes per day being added to my bill anyway, why not just add the internet charge there if you must, Marriott? Not providing complimentary wifi in a hotel room these days is like not having a TV or a toilet. Get with the times, please.
Other than that, though, I had a very comfortable stay here, and would consider staying at this hotel again if I needed lodging near the Miami airport.
- Also Known As:
- Miami Airport Marriott Hotel
- Miami Airport Marriott Hotel Miami
- Marriott Miami
- Miami Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rediscover the Marriott Miami Airport Hotel. Mix work and relaxation with ease in the revitalized lobby of this popular Miami Florida airport hotel. Indulge in flavorful cuisine at Cane Fire Grille, our all-new restaurant and lounge, featuring fresh seafood and steak alike, located just one mile south of MIA International, with convenient access to Florida's major highways. Hosting an event? Rely on the versatile meeting facilities to impress your group. Explore a full range of attractions within minutes - including Coconut Grove, South Beach, University of Miami, the Miami Beach Convention Center, Coral Gables and countless golf courses. Discover the many ways this Marriott hotel near Miami airport caters to your needs, whether you're in town for business or pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Miami Airport Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.