“Quality stay from Marriott.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 20% This Summer!
Ranked #38 of 112 Hotels in Miami
New York City
“Quality stay from Marriott.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on my way back from Key West because I had an early morning flight. Hotel staff was friendly and attentive. I had a problem with a running toilet in my room. It was late on Sunday night and I elected not to call anyone because I did not want to have to switch rooms or wait around for maintenance. The following morning I mentioned it upon checkout and manager was nice enough to waive internet charge.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
awelc147, Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Miami Airport Marriott on your way back from Key West due to your early morning flight, and found our staff to be friendly and attentive.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Miami and our hotel on your next visit from London.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Polish first
Kyiv, Ukraine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

If you need to spend a night while flying into/from Miami late/early, you are very welcome to this hotel.
It's was not masterminded to serve any travelers' alternative needs, and seems to be just fine with it, efficiently processing "one-night-stay' guests.

btw, you could use a 3rd party dolphin plaza transfer stopping in front of the hotel's entrance it you need to kill 2-3 hours.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
awelc147, Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your Review! We truly appreciate your loyalty and I am very pleased to hear all the positive comments about our staff and efficient actions.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, should your travels bring you back to Miami.

Kind Regards,

Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Our first stay at this hotel, approximately 18 months ago, they gave us shooter's ear plugs, so we would not be disturbed - yeah, great room. Duh... (BTW, I am a Marriott Platinum member, so, I was really quite impressed with this bit of thoughtfullness on their part... ok, enough of the bad humor.)

We needed them again on our stay in April 2013. The noise was unreal. The lack of sound containment between rooms was amazing. The kids in the next room using the beds as trampolines and bouncing on the walls was very exciting... perhaps you may now enjoy those beds if you visit this property.

Obviously, we were not the only ones thrilled with the sound effects as hotel security was knocking on their door repeatedly. Anything behavior allowed for a buck, I guess.

What concerned me was the airline pilots staying in the hotel and if they were getting any sleep. I sure did not want them as my pilots the next day.

So, the food as OK, bordering on good. Prices were steep. Overall, the decor was very nice, next to excellent. Very clean hotel. Service was great. But, so what? If you can't sleep, it all means nothing. Thus, the value is near zero.

I used ear plugs again. Recommendation = if you stay here, bring good quality ear plugs.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay at our hotel. We do appreciate guest feedback, especially from our Elite memebers, as this is the best way to improve our level of service. I do apologize for the noise issue you encountered during your stay. We would have loved the opportunity to make up for this experience while you were staying with us.

I am glad that our service, decor and cleanliness met your expectations and I hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to better serve you.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We spent 2 nights here due to American Airlines computer issues. Our flight was cancelled and were not able to be booked on another flight for 2 days. Close proximity to MIA, shuttle to airport runs on a very regular basis. Hotel lobby very inviting and seemed to be recently renovated. The rooms are on the smaller side and the bathroom is very small, 2 people would be able to get ready at the same time, but everything was clean. Rooms are not to sound proof, as we heard conversations in the hall that sounded like they were in our room. Same issue as previous poster about not being able to print out boarding passes. Concierge club breakfast ends at 9am. Restaurant food was good with a bit of a different menu. Service the 2nd night was very slow, arrived at 5pm and 40 minutes later, we had our food, there were only 2 other tables. Server (Noel) was very good and seemed to really enjoy his job. Restaurant supervisor gave us complimentary Mojitos. Breakfast buffet was a little pricey for the offerings. Our bed was not as comfortable as other Marriott properties we has been. Would return to this location if needed for a 1 night stay. Not much in the area.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel. I am delighted to know that you found our hotel inviting and noticed our new renovations. I appreciate the helpful comments in regards to the slow service in the restaurant.

I am sorry you had issues with our boarding pass printer which was a side effect after we recently changed our internet provider to a more efficient system. I am delighted to say this was corrected and the printer is up and running as usual.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Miami and our hotel on your next.

Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We arrived after midnight from a late flight and experienced a quick check-in. The room was clean and quiet. Some areas for improvement: we wanted to print our boarding passes but the printer wasn't working. We tried another station and we couldn't get the application to work. We went to our room and there were dirty room-service dishes in the hall by the room next to us. At 8 a.m. when we went for breakfast, the dirty dishes were still by the door, even though someone from Marriott had slipped our bill under our door so they had to walk right by them. We also didn't have any wash clothes so we had to use a hand towel to take a bath with in an extremely small bathroom. If this was a category 2 or 3 hotel, I would probably say 4 out of 5 but I expect a little bit more from a category 4 Marriott.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly value our customers feedback as this is the best way for us to improve our level of service. Thank you for providing us with areas in which we can improve upon and rest assured that these items have been adressed.

I am glad to hear that you did find your check in experience efficient and that your room was clean and quiet.

We hope you stay with us again soon on your next visit to Miami

Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed 20+ nights at this property between November 2012 and February 2013. One thing I can say about the Marriott hotels is that you get the same great service no matter what chain you book. This hotel is very strong on service delivery and when an ocassional slip happens, the hotel management gets involved quickly. They have recently redecorated the rooms in one of the towers. I enjoy an upgrade to the rooms with ionic air treatment filtration units. Those help with a good night sleep for someone with allergies! Starbuck's in the lobby closes at 6 PM. The food in the restaurant is good quality and room service is also good. The Miracle Mile in Coral Gables is a short drive. This is my business hotel of choice in Miami.

Room Tip: The front desk is accomodating if you ask for a high floor and away from the elevators and ice machi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us for your business travel needs. We take great pride in providing excellent service delivery and I appreciate your recognition. I will share your comments regarding our service and food with the team.

Ascot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel peaks at just above average - clean rooms, extremely comfortable beds, friendly staff (although the assistant we were served by did serve a man who jumped the queue in front of my mum first, when she had been lined up for hours - poor customer service but we got over it), delicious breakfast. It is really all you would ask for after a long flight; we travelled for 8 hours from London to Miami and were extremely tired. The lobby is spacious and relaxing to sit in whilst you wait for check-in.

We only spent one night so our room was standard - two queen beds, a large TV and a great view of the planes taking off from the airport. For dinner, which occured at around 9.30pm due to our 'jet lag', we were able to easily order Domino's pizza which was still hot and delicious.

After a peaceful night's sleep - with no interruptions or noise heard from any other rooms, which helped four very tired travellers - we enjoyed the delicious buffet breakfast which was served by extremely friendly and passionate staff. They offered us tea, coffee and juice as soon as we sat down, explained the buffet and left us alone from there (unless we needed help of course!). The buffet was very expensive, which is why I have put the hotel down a star. It was around about $30 for adults... A bit much for a breakfast, some might think, although it wasn't an average breakfast. There were hot bacon, sausages and mushrooms for a full English cooked breakfast, and the eggs were made before your eyes, just the way you wanted them. All you need to do is ask for fried, scrambled, poached, omelette, etc, and they will be made fresh for you. There was also a wide range of pastries, danishes, toast, cereals, milk, so many fresh fruits, a toaster and a waffle maker so that you can put together your own breakfast. We were Gold card members (or whatever you call it at the Marriott...) and so were allowed into a separate breakfast room where the danishes and pastries were SCRUMPTIOUS. I know from experience during other years, though, that the main breakfast room serves delicious food but at a slightly overpriced rate; this didn't really bother us as we came to realise that the food was really tasty anyway!

I recommend this hotel as I feel you wouldn't find anywhere better to stay for the night after a long and grueling flight to Miami Airport. If you have been to Miami Airport you may understand why you would appreciate a comfortable bed and nice breakfast even more... I loved this hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Miami Airport Marriott and took full advantage of our concierge lounge and pastries

Director of Operations

Been to Miami Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!