This hotel peaks at just above average - clean rooms, extremely comfortable beds, friendly staff (although the assistant we were served by did serve a man who jumped the queue in front of my mum first, when she had been lined up for hours - poor customer service but we got over it), delicious breakfast. It is really all you would ask for after a long flight; we travelled for 8 hours from London to Miami and were extremely tired. The lobby is spacious and relaxing to sit in whilst you wait for check-in.
We only spent one night so our room was standard - two queen beds, a large TV and a great view of the planes taking off from the airport. For dinner, which occured at around 9.30pm due to our 'jet lag', we were able to easily order Domino's pizza which was still hot and delicious.
After a peaceful night's sleep - with no interruptions or noise heard from any other rooms, which helped four very tired travellers - we enjoyed the delicious buffet breakfast which was served by extremely friendly and passionate staff. They offered us tea, coffee and juice as soon as we sat down, explained the buffet and left us alone from there (unless we needed help of course!). The buffet was very expensive, which is why I have put the hotel down a star. It was around about $30 for adults... A bit much for a breakfast, some might think, although it wasn't an average breakfast. There were hot bacon, sausages and mushrooms for a full English cooked breakfast, and the eggs were made before your eyes, just the way you wanted them. All you need to do is ask for fried, scrambled, poached, omelette, etc, and they will be made fresh for you. There was also a wide range of pastries, danishes, toast, cereals, milk, so many fresh fruits, a toaster and a waffle maker so that you can put together your own breakfast. We were Gold card members (or whatever you call it at the Marriott...) and so were allowed into a separate breakfast room where the danishes and pastries were SCRUMPTIOUS. I know from experience during other years, though, that the main breakfast room serves delicious food but at a slightly overpriced rate; this didn't really bother us as we came to realise that the food was really tasty anyway!
I recommend this hotel as I feel you wouldn't find anywhere better to stay for the night after a long and grueling flight to Miami Airport. If you have been to Miami Airport you may understand why you would appreciate a comfortable bed and nice breakfast even more... I loved this hotel!
- Also Known As:
- Miami Airport Marriott Hotel
- Miami Airport Marriott Hotel Miami
- Marriott Miami
- Miami Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rediscover the Marriott Miami Airport Hotel. Mix work and relaxation with ease in the revitalized lobby of this popular Miami Florida airport hotel. Indulge in flavorful cuisine at Cane Fire Grille, our all-new restaurant and lounge, featuring fresh seafood and steak alike, located just one mile south of MIA International, with convenient access to Florida's major highways. Hosting an event? Rely on the versatile meeting facilities to impress your group. Explore a full range of attractions within minutes - including Coconut Grove, South Beach, University of Miami, the Miami Beach Convention Center, Coral Gables and countless golf courses. Discover the many ways this Marriott hotel near Miami airport caters to your needs, whether you're in town for business or pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Marriott, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Miami Airport Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.