“Good for one night!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 129 Hotels in Miami
NY
“Good for one night!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Getting the shuttle was easy, suggest you get a cart since you will need to go upstairs from where you get your luggage!

Arrived after midnight last night to a very pleasant front desk person.. Sharon.. Bellman Rich was very helpful!

The room is average! I had a package for free breakfast which is a buffet, and will shortly take the shuttle over to the ship, also included in my rate! There is no safe or blow drier, the bathroom is small! The room was clean.

Breakfast was good, there was a variety of things to choose from! There was no wait to be seated despite the hotel being packed!

No noise, never heard a plane despite being so close to the airport!

I would return for a night!

• Stayed March 2013
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I will make sure to share your positive comments with Sharon and Rich.
It is good to know that you enjoyed the breakfast and the transfer to your ship that was included in your package.

We will see you when you return.

David Cesario

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Polish first
Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for work. I got off the plane and took a shuttle to the hotel. I didn't rent a car, as I'm not fond of driving in Miami. The shuttle driver was very friendly offering bottled water. I dislike the Miami airport, but he made it painless to get to the hotel. The check in process was quick. They have an exercise room which is free and has what you need. The good restaurant is in the Courtyard which is right next door. The Courtyard Marriott is also where the exercise facility is, so next time I would feel fine staying there as well. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. I was able to get a taxi to where I was working. It took a while to get a taxi that took a credit card, but I finally got one. The people were very friendly here.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. It is great to hear that you had a seamless experience from the airport to the hotel and during check in. Thank you for the positive comments about our fitness center, guest room and our staff.

We hope to see you again soon.

Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Again, if you have read my other reviews about Miami, you'll know how Expensive hotels are in Miami so the hotels around the airport are no exception. But remember Priceline is always there and so when bidding for a hotel, try putting ratings as 3.5 star and plus and price as 80 bucks and bingo - if you are lucky, you may end up getting this Marriott like I got.

So, paid just the right price for the transit I was in Miami for, called up the free shuttle the hotel provides and arrived in this uber contemporary lobby. Now the hotel is in a complex which I believe Marriott itself owns as it has 3 other Marriott properties within a minutes walk, wonder how they compete amongst themselves. Anyways, so considering I was in the hotel just for few hours, the lady was kind enough to upgrade me to the concierge level floor which automatically landed me to perks like free drinks, free hors'd'oeuvres and free breakfast of course as well besides free newspapers and magazines so just the right perks you wish for.

I had a quick dinner at the lobby bar / restaurant where the people were kind enough as they were closing but were gentle enough to still serve dinner to the hungry soul i was then.

So remember paying 200+ for this hotel, especially you are only in miami for a transit may be a tad bit expensive but if land up a deal at Priceline, this is just the right hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to the concierge level otherwise always ask for a room on the highest possible fl...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for the excellent rating on your recent stay with us. It is nice to hear that you found our staff friendly and were able to enjoy the concierge lounge.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you on your next visit to Miami.

north america
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Only a 5 minute drive to the airport and they have a free shuttle that runs every 15 minutes starting at 5am.

Modern comfortable lobby, lovely pool and hot tub surrounded by palm trees -very relaxing after a long flight. Nice restaurant with a good menu and reasonable prices. Also a Starbucks for those wanting a fast coffee and snack.

Friendly staff that moved us to another room to accommodate our desire not to be in a room that had been sprayed by perfume.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the pool is nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us and write a review. We take pride in providing a comfortable and relaxing experience for travelers, such as yourself and I am glad that we met your needs.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I recently stayed at the Miami Airport Marriott for business and had a great experience. As a frequent traveler I really appreciated the free shuttle from the airport and I was welcomed as I entered the lobby with a free mini-cocktail, which was great after a long day of travel. The front desk staff was very friendly and I was put in a newly renovated room. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area and I will definitely stay there when I return to Miami.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the high rating and great comments about our hotel.
We truly appreciate the great review and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We do our best to enhance the arrival experience for all of our guests, and I am glad you were pleased with your welcome.

We will see you on your next trip to Miami,

Sincerely
Home Counties
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here for one night before going on a cruise and wasn't expecting too much. However the room was very comfortable and the facilities we used, pool and concierge lounge, were very good. The staff were very efficient and friendly. If you want an overnight in Miami this would not be a bad choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel.
Thank you for the 4 star rating and I am thrilled that we exceeded your expectations.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Miami.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you travelling alone and on your way to some other destinmation and need to spend one night at Miami, this would probably be the best choice. This is just 7-10 minutes away from the airport.But if you are there with your family or friends and would like to explore Miami as a tourist then you may need to stay either near the beach or at downtown and in that case this property is not the best option.
Wi-fi internet at room is chargeable@ aroung US$ 17 including tax. But was pleasantly surprised when after two days I was informed that it would be complimentary for the rest of my stay.
Rooms are spacious, no frills(even no bathroom slippers:-)). Choice of news channels on the TV are limited. Breakfast spread is also similar. No big spread. Just the necessary stuffs. Nothing more, nothing less. Overall a business like working ambience. Effective, comfortable and convenient but not exactly what you expect in a leisure trip. Complimentary airport transfer is big plus.

Room Tip: Higher floor away from the elevator or the house keeping station is preferable.
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you found our hotel effective, comfortable and convenient.
We are centrally located making our property a great place to stay whether for business or pleasure. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Miami.

David Cesario

Been to Miami Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!