If you are on a budget, realize that the Courtyard and Residence Inn are a part of this complex and an alternative for you. We didn't use the pool area, shared by the 3 hotels, but it looked quite adequate with numerous seats and seating areas and landscaping to provide a more enjoyable setting.
We arrived very late from a delayed flight and the staff could not have been nicer. They went over our late check out options and, since they had availability, we opted to pay what we thought was a very reasonable charge to get a 7pm check out. We dined at the hotel restaurant which we thought was very good and fairly priced for a hotel and then took advantage of their free airport shuttle for the 5-10 minute ride to the airport. The evening before we paid around $13 for the cab ride, so the shuttle is an absolute savings.
Our room was Marriott clean, with a nice bed and ample sized bathroom. The carpet seemed a little dated, but nothing to lose sleep over.
The ride to downtown is about 10 minutes by taxi on a weekend.
Our only complaint is that the doormen, who also act as Concierge, set us up for a boat/bus tour of Miami which we thought was too highly commercialized and, at $180 for two (including the ride into and out of town), a bit pricey for what you get. The commercial aspect is that the boat included too many sales opportunities for our taste when we would rather have listened to silence or more information about the harbor. The bus tour includes 1/2 hour in Little Havana where the operator clearly has an interest in sales at the cigar and tourist shops that were visited. We didn't see any of South Beach or Art Deco and got dis-oriented by the tour. Also, most tours are bi-lingual which the information provided in English and then Spanish. Dependent on the natural language of the guide, some of the English was a hard to follow on the bus, but not on the boat.
- Also Known As:
- Miami Airport Marriott Hotel
- Miami Airport Marriott Hotel Miami
- Marriott Miami
- Miami Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rediscover the Marriott Miami Airport Hotel. Mix work and relaxation with ease in the revitalized lobby of this popular Miami Florida airport hotel. Indulge in flavorful cuisine at Cane Fire Grille, our all-new restaurant and lounge, featuring fresh seafood and steak alike, located just one mile south of MIA International, with convenient access to Florida's major highways. Hosting an event? Rely on the versatile meeting facilities to impress your group. Explore a full range of attractions within minutes - including Coconut Grove, South Beach, University of Miami, the Miami Beach Convention Center, Coral Gables and countless golf courses. Discover the many ways this Marriott hotel near Miami airport caters to your needs, whether you're in town for business or pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Marriott, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Miami Airport Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.