“No complaints with this hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Kids Eat Free + Save 15%
Ranked #36 of 129 hotels in Miami
N Ireland
“No complaints with this hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2008

We were booked into this hotel for a pre cruise night. I have to say having read some of the reviews I was a little concerned as to what I was going to. However I had no complaints. Perhaps there are different standard rooms (we stayed in the business wing) but our room was very comfortable and the beds are the most comfortable we have ever slept in.
The bathroom may not be large but it had all we needed with nice toiletries.
The staff I dealt with at reception were very friendly and helpful.
We had the buffet breakfast which to me was ok, no worse no better than most. The staff were fine.
If you want to stay in the airport area this hotel is fine.

• Liked — The beds are amazing
  • Disliked — Banging doors in the business wing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family

582 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Polish first
burlington VT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2008

First the good: nice lobby, hotel close to airport, friendly check in.
Now the bad. Very small outdated rooms (even after paying extra for supposely upgrading). Terrible service in Restaurant. We gave up and left. So did another couple. The rudest shuttle driver i have ever met. He took only 1 Person with him, claiming that he could not go to the other airlines. About 10 people had to take taxis to get to the airport. Arriving there we actually could see him in the same area we had to get out. No idea what the problem was, but not a good way to start your trip! Would not stay there again. I am a longtime silver elite member with the marriott and was very disappointed with that property.

• Liked — lobby looked nice
  • Disliked — rooms,service
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2008

I spent a night at this hotel a few years ago and didn't want to pay $13 for in-room Internet access. Since this hotel shares the property and pool with a Courtyard and Fairfield Inn, I just walked across the pool area with my laptop. Sitting in the Courtyard lobby, I happily connected to free WiFi. The free access point was also available from the pool area.

Just a tip :-)

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2008

I spent one night at the airport Marriott this past week and I enjoyed it very much. Also during my week in the Miami I stayed at the airport Hilton and a Hilton Garden Inn and while all 3 were great, I preferred the Marriott.

The good:

The service was great. Check-in was smooth and I was upgraded to the concierge floor which had complimentary chicken wings, cheese and crackers, soft drinks, coffee, water, and an honor bar with beer and wine that was open until 10 PM as well as a hot breakfast w/scrambled eggs, cereal, danish, fruit, etc.. in the morning.

The room was clean the TV stations seemed to be more expansive than most hotels, and everything worked. Good water pressure, enough hot water, extra towels.

The not-so-good:

location? Its very close to the airport and the neighborhood isn't the best. It wasn't an issue for me since I was in town on business and had lots of work to do at the hotel, but if you are the kind of person that likes to get out and about in the area adjacent to the hotel, this didn't seem like a good area.

small room: My room was pretty small. I didn't really mind since it was a business trip, but if I were there for a few days and was traveling with my wife or kids I probably would have preferred to have more elbow room.

Overall I rate this an excellent hotel for business travel.

• Liked — clean and great service
  • Disliked — not a great neighborhood
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Plano, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2008

I read the poor reviews before I booked my stay, but thought, "it's a Marriott, it can't be that bad." Unfortunately, it was that bad. And this is from a person who loves Marriott. I stay at Marriotts all the time for business, and this is absolutely the worst one I've been to. Please take my advice and stay away. The most telling thing for me was the cab driver who told me, as I was leaving, that everyone he picks up complains about this hotel. The cab driver first asked me how I liked that hotel, and when I said it wasn't as good as Marriott usually is, he immediately said, "everyone I pick up complains about this place." I don't like to complain, and I have left lots of good reviews on tripadvisor, and I've left a few that weren't so flattering, but for a hotel that claims to be a 4 star, this place is pathetic. If you like your bathroom to be smaller than your closet, a room that looks like it was stuck in a 1970's movie, poor un-attentive service, and cleanliness that is less than is desired, then this is the place for you.

• Liked — It was close to the airport and the beds were comfortable.
  • Disliked — Cleanliness, the rooms, service (lack thereof) attentiveness, hospitality, professionalism, knowledge,
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

I stayed here for 5 days in January for a business conference. The rooms are large and the beds are very big and comfortable. All of the conference rooms were large and the staff was very accomodating. Most of the catered food was good, but the prices in Pitches (the hotel sports bar) are very high for slow service and sub-par food. The hotel is a ways away from all of the action in Miami, but they do offer a shuttle service for $5 per person each way. One MAJOR thumbs down is the fact that they do not offer free internet services. If you would like to use the internet in your room, it is roughly $13 a day. I have stayed in MUCH worse hotels than this that have offered free wireless, so I think that is a little ridiculous. Overall, this is a nice hotel but if I was going to Miami for leisure, I would stay elsewhere.

• Liked — Large and comfy beds, Continuous airport shuttle
  • Disliked — No free internet service
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
the shires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2008

After a long journey from the UK we decided to stay close to the airport for the first couple of nights. We chose this hotel purely for location and it ended up being a great way to start the holiday. All staff were really friendly, making a real fuss of our one year old son. The room was very spacious & clean & it's location meant that we were close enough to downtown Miami, Coral Gables, etc, for a bit of sightseeing before moving on to the rest of our holiday at Miami Beach & the Keys. Nice pool area, good gym facilities & a choice of a quieter restaurant or a busy bar to choose from at mealtimes.

• Liked — convenient to get to after journey from the uk
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Miami Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!