I go back and forth between the US and Cayman Islands a lot as I have a business in both locals. So I fly through Miami often. The hotel in the airport is a bit of a dump, but has a decent restaurant on it's top floor. If I am not flying out too early or traveling too heavy, I stay at the Miami Airport Marriott. It is a close shuttle ride, is clean and efficient, as I believe most Marriotts are, and has a good bar and restaurant. But I almost always walk out of the hotel and dine in one of the many restaurants within a few blocks of the hotel. A good seafood joint right across the street, a steak house a little down the way, and a decent tapas restaurant about 2 blocks down La Juene Rd. There are assorted small restaurants around, but I hit one of these three for there selection of decent wines. None of the restaurants are great, but they are all good.
For a over night stay to catch a connection, or maybe even a cruise, it is a very good hotel. It is a long way to any Miami attractions I would be interested in (South Beach or Coral Gables) so if I have an extended stay, I go elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- Miami Airport Marriott Hotel Miami
- Miami Airport Marriott Hotel
- Marriott Miami
- Miami Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rediscover the Marriott Miami Airport Hotel. Mix work and relaxation with ease in the revitalized lobby of this popular Miami Florida airport hotel. Indulge in flavorful cuisine at Cane Fire Grille, our all-new restaurant and lounge, featuring fresh seafood and steak alike, located just one mile south of MIA International, with convenient access to Florida's major highways. Hosting an event? Rely on the versatile meeting facilities to impress your group. Explore a full range of attractions within minutes - including Coconut Grove, South Beach, University of Miami, the Miami Beach Convention Center, Coral Gables and countless golf courses. Discover the many ways this Marriott hotel near Miami airport caters to your needs, whether you're in town for business or pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Miami Airport Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.