“Cheap bad Nicaraguan food” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Yambo Restaurant

Yambo Restaurant
1643 SW 1st St, Miami, FL 33135-2104 (Little Havana)
305-649-0203
Improve this listing
Ranked #953 of 3,659 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: South American
Neighborhood: Little Havana
Neighborhood: Little Havana
Miami, Florida
“Cheap bad Nicaraguan food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Food is cafeteria type. Cold and chewy from being prepared in bulk and kept in open trays. Ambiance is very low class. Decoration inside the rest is cute and very tipocal. Servers outside are rude and impatient we had several plates to try it all. Tamal was cold , mariquitas where old and cold, the gallo pinto was less than fair, the carme asada was fsir , the vigoron was decent. I will never go back much better Nicaraguan rest in Miami to est in this dump

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Miami, Florida
“Excelente!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

The best "carne asada" (grilled meat)!
This is very simple place, but very good meat. You can enjoy eating outside or inside.
I liked!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Thumbs Up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

I stopped by Yambo for a quick bite. Ordered the carne asada with rice and beans and plantain. I wish my Spanish speaking skills were better as my waitress spoke very little almost zero English. When it was time to pick my sides I pointed to a neighboring table to identify the rice and beans. I thought I indicated that I wanted fried plantains, but somewhere in the mix I ended up with plantain chips. I'm not complaining, just sharing my experience.

Food was tasty as always and hard to beat the value at Yambo.

Yes, I will return and when I do I'll have the proper wording down to order fried sweet plantains:)

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Tastes great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011 via mobile

I stopped by Yambo again and had lengua con salsa. For those that don't know the translation, it's cow tongue. I had it with rice and peas, plantains, and salad. The serving was huge and I could not finish it (yes I have a hearty appetite). Food was super tasty. My waitress spoke zero English and I speak very little English, but we managed to figure it all out.

Would I return again? Absolutely

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Thumbs Up!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011 via mobile

This is a casual restaurant in Little Havana. It is not all that impressive as you walk up but never fear. As you walk up you notice that you can order from one of two windows and then sit on the outside patio. This method is pretty popular as the line was about five to ten minutes long.

For a nicer setting (my recommendation) go inside. Inside is rather pleasant as it is over decorated with lots of nic-nacks from Nicaragua. The servers were prompt in taking the order. My Spanish was about as good as their English, but the menu was in both languages so it all worked out.

I had the carne asada with rice and beans (peas), fried plantain and salad. Beverage menu was plentiful and I opted to have a large tamarind drink (large was $3 and was the size of a 7-Eleven big gulp). Food was overly generous, tasty and fresh.

Will I return...absolutely!!