“As close to home-cooked as you can find in the airport” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Chicago, Illinois
“As close to home-cooked as you can find in the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I had the picadillo with rice and plantains. It was all good... the picadillo was a bit salty for my taste, but I don't eat much salt. I would definitely eat here again when flying through MIA. It's nice to have a different option than the chains that are in every airport.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Mesa, Arizona
“good airport food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stopped to have some well needed meal and it was very tasty. I was disappointed that our food was cold, so I asked for it be hot. They put it under a warmer and when we returned to our table, it had not warmed at all. With limited time at the airport, we ate it anyway. It was good but would have been better heated properly.
As we were leaving the restaurant, the manager about how everything was. He was very embarrassed at our bad experience and told me to next time bypass the cook/waitress and just ask for the manager.
Lesson learned.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Beverly Hills, California
“Scrum...deli-icious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

There is such a thing as heaven on earth, Cuban style at the Miami international Airport. If you are looking to get your last authentic Cuban fix before flying out, look no further, you have found the right restaurant.

I ordered a breaded chicken with moro and plantains - as you see from the delicious photo. The food was absolutely amazing, except the plantains, which are sometimes good and sometimes not. Can you tell I eat often from here when flying out?

The chicken was absolutely fresh and tender, lightly fried to perfection! It was delicious.

Only complaint I have as far as this particular dining experience was that when I got to the gate, I was upgraded to first class. I know this sounds pretentious, awesome and fun, and it is somewhat. However, eating two meals at one mealtime is not my favorite thing to do! On second thought, even if you were flying first class serving a meal, avoid the airplane food and have this! Yum!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Texarkana, Arkansas
“This food speaks for itself!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Delicious! THIS IS A MUST STOP FOR ANYONE AT THE MIAMI AIRPORT!!! There might be a line --- it's worth the wait. One of my co-workers hooked me on this place. Yum yum OXTAILS!!!!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Everywhere
“Skip TGIF...go here before and after your flight!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We transferred in Miami both going and coming from Barbados. Going we stopped here to pick up a couple of sandwiches, one Cuban and one midnight (? I think). Both sandwiches were under $10 and HUGE! We totally enjoyed them on our flight to Barbados. Returning, we had a 4 hour layover, so we decided to go the restaurant side of La Carreta...the food is CHEAP...I mean a quarter chicken, rice and beans and plantains for less than $9...you can't beat that! We started to go to TGIFridays, but we are so glad we tried La Carreta!!! Hands down, THE BEST!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to La Carreta Airport? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage La Carreta Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.