“Great food in a business lunch / high traffic setting” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great food in a business lunch / high traffic setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Being fond of Japanese cuisine, our family explores opprotunities or rakes risks to try top-rated locations wherever we go. This time we had a day between ship disembarcation and plane boarding so we gave Matsuri a chance. Kinda hard to explain to a driver where it is, as the address is a tricky one. Bird Road is actually a 40sw.

The food was tremendously outstanding both for the location (not a downtown poshy place) and for the price paid. Selection is a bit wider than in other places, but some dishes are missing (i.e. raw salmon sushi).

Other reviews give lower marks based on service, but to me this is unfair, since the location is busness-lunchey.

They do get a cab for you which is important as there is no public transportation available in the vicinity.

I would certainly go there again if I ever would be in Miami.

switzerland
“very good Japanese restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

tasty sushi and real japanese food. very fresh and delicious. I can only recommend this place. Also the price is very good. We come from Switzerland. Japanese food is very expensive there.

Visited December 2012
Miami, Florida
“As Japanese as it gets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

If you're looking for relatively classic Japanese food in Miami, it doesn't get better than Matsuri. Great Sushi and great everything. My Japanese wife and I (French) love food and have lived in Tokyo for several years... Trust us !

Visited November 2012
“Amazing Japanese food in Miami!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I can't believe I haven't written about this place yet! I first tried this place about a year ago, and have been hooked ever since. Not only does this place serve authentic, fresh Japanese cuisine, the price you pay for the quality of this delicious food is amazing!
The sushi is fresh, the soups are absolutely amazing, and their Yaki selection is quite expanse: from beef or squid to conch!
The service is really nothing "spectacular", but even so, the food speaks for itself. I can't wait to go back!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“One of BEST Japanese restaurants in Miami, even better that restaurants in Japan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This rating was even given by Japanese people, I like everything on the menu and most important Mr. Masa which I believe is the owner is in front of the counter making the food himself,

Visited December 2012