“Shack in the Everglades” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #589 of 3,614 restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Eclectic
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Shack in the Everglades”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great value but not for foodies! Service was good, menu was limited. Catfish was OK, the rest of the family went the burger and fries route, and were happy.

Visited March 2013

78% Recommend
Simi Valley, California
“Gator good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

After our airboat tour, my husband and I wanted to try some gator and our guide recommended this place (We did not do their airboat tour though). We both the got the sample platter that had gator meat and frogs legs. Both were tender and tasted good. The staff were friendly too. It's a definite must if you're touring the Everglades.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Perry Hall, Maryland
“We loved this place, what a down home atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The restaurant was small but the waitress and food made up for that. What a great little place to visit.

Visited July 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Don't Judge a Book by It's Cover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Don’t let the look fool you, the food is really good. The restaurant was built in the 40’s and looks it, but then I wasn’t looking for a Denny’s. We read about the restaurant when we were researching airboat tours and it was part of the reason that we chose Coopertown Airboats (see my review in Trip Advisor). I mean who can visit the everglades and not feast on gator tail, frog’s legs and catfish. I was surprised by how much the gator tail looked and tasted like KFC popcorn chicken. It was tasty but I would have liked bigger pieces. I had the sampler size which came with fries and cole slaw. I asked the server if the $21 dinner was different she said, no, just bigger. My daughter had the sampler size of frog’s legs. They were scrawnier than I have had elsewhere, but this is probably more a testament to being wild caught than being skimpy. My younger daughter who is not a big fish fan really liked the catfish sandwich. My spouse didn’t think the catfish was as good as she had at BB King’s in Memphis but still said it was really good. Everybody agreed that the cole slaw was excellent. Combine this with the airboat tour and it is an Everglades experience that you will talk about for years.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Interesting and Charming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

WE stopped here for lunch after an airboat ride. The food was delicious and well priced. The staff were helpful and very friendly

Visited May 2012