“Serving The best pad Thai in Miami!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Miami, Fl
“Serving The best pad Thai in Miami!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012 via mobile

Excellent service, pleasant atmosphere and consistently great food for a restaurant that's been here for 20+ years!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Eugene, Oregon
“Excellent food, average service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

The food was Really really good - some of the best I've had. But the service was average at best. The waiter seemed annoyed that we were there and he forgot to serve rice to one of the people at the table and we couldn't find him right away so had to wait to eat. But the food was incredible.

Visited February 2012
Miami, Florida
“Best Thai in Miami!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We went for dinner and had the pad thai chicken and shrimp and yellow chicken curry!! Both of these dishes were delicious. For appetizers we tried the drumsticks with orange sauce and it was also very good.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida
“Good thai food and unique decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

I had gone to the Coral Gables location 2 years ago for my anniversary and the experience was excellent. We tried a their Kendall Location and it was not the same but we left happy.

Location:
It's hidden inside a big shopping center, had to follow my GPS because it was tricky to find it. Lots of parking spots which is a plus compared to the coral gables spot. Inside it feels like you are in Thailand, even the servers seem from there as well. If you are big on smells then the place smells a bit strong, almost like a kitchen, but it didnt bother me or my wife.

Wait time / Service:
The wait time was not a big deal, about 15 minutes for two. We went a friday night at around 7:30-8:00. They have regular table sitting and also floor dinning which usually there's no wait for those. The servers are generally nice but they don't come by often, apparently they are only 2 or 3 servers for the whole place. So if you are the type of person who is super picky at service don't come on a busy time or maybe don't come at all. We were super thirsty and we couldn't find our server for like 15-20 minutes.

Food:
The menu has lots of choices so if you are a novice Thai food eater then ask before you order, menu is extensive. The food we found it to be really tasty, we order spring rolls, steak satay, fried whole fish and special fried rice. The rice was very good and portion is good for 2. The whole fish you can share but the one we got didn't have much meat but flavor was really good, they come and open it in front of you and they pour a sweet chili sauce in top. The Satay is fun, you get your own burner and you cook your meat how you want it and you get 2 sauces (peanut and cucumber).

Prices:
I think the prices are not bad specially because a lot of their plates are good for sharing. Average about $15-$17 each for main courses. You can look in restaurant.com and buy a coupon which we used and it worked awesome, we gave it to the server at the end with our check. There's weekly specials also but it didn't apply for the time we went.

My recomendation is go to Coral Gables better but parking is better here.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Roachy Roachy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

After purchasing a Rest.com gift certificate I visited this restaurant. When we first walked in there was a funny smell but I decided to disregard it thinking it could have been a Thai spice cooking. There were only two other couples in the rest (which I thought was odd). Sat down to order and another waitress bough us out some water. I sipped some water only to find when bringing the glass away from my face a roach was hanging on for dear life. I put the glass down to make sure what I saw was actually true. I made my bf take a look and we both immediately left. But not before I showed the waitress and said it loud enough that the two other couples near us were able to hear me. No one had their food yet so the decision was up to them to stay. When I got in my car I screamed at the top of my lungs of disguise.

I mean I actually sipped from the glass. I hope they will not get away with that. I advise not to visit!!!

Visited May 2011