“Great Coffee and Dessert !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Exquisito Restaurant

El Exquisito Restaurant
1510 SW 8th Street, Miami, FL 33135-5219 (Little Havana)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #151 of 3,415 Restaurants in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Little Havana
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great Coffee and Dessert !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by a local merchant. We really wanted a coffee break so we walked a few blocks to try this one. We had the Bunuelos and Cafecito. This was our first time for the Bunelos, and we didn't really know what to expect. First, the restaurant is pretty small and is in the heart of the Cuban district. But they were quick to have someone come over and help us with the ordering. When we got our food, it was great. The Cafecito was hot and sweet and was a real pick me up. And the Bunelos was better than what we expected. Good price for really good food. We will go back the next time we are in Miami and try this again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“The best Cafe and food Cubana in Miami Calle 8”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I lived in Miami for a long time,and I really miss a good cup of coladita or cafe con leche. It is something that you can not describe; the quality of Cafe is out of this world, texture, color, taste and the service ritual is out of a south american or caribbean movie.

When I was there, I was happy to go to the cafeteria en la esquina (Cafeteria at the corner) and get my coladita cubana.

My search for good cafe or coffee outside of Miami is something that I have not found, let me know if you find that place for me.
Try the food and the tostadas cubanas are the best, also the menu is incredible and the prices are grea.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rawtenstall, United Kingdom
“tiny but full of life”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Popped in for a Cuban coffee, having originally gone to the take out window. Change our mind and decided to sit in, we only had coffee as we had not long eaten which was a shame as I would have loved to have some food there.
It is small and there were no other tourists just locals and although they didn't speak much English really made you feel welcome

Visited November 2012
Florida
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had used Trip Advisor to find an authentic Cuban place for lunch. A short drive off the highway and we arrived in Little Havana on 8th Street. Busy, music and dancing, cute stop for tourists and those seeking a nice Cuban lunch. We each had a Cuban sandwich (2) and a coke and split a Cuban coffee (12$). So good! Don't be deterred by the look of the place. We ordered from the window, watched them make our food and then walked a block to Domino Park and sat under a tree and people-watched.

Service could be construed as bad because they mainly speak Spanish, however we did not have a problem.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Don't Eat Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Let's start with the service is terrible. My husband and I started with the Tapas Exquisito which came with pork chunks that were dry and overfried in what I can only imagine was very old oil, the other items on this sampler appetizer were clearly out of a box. I ordered a Filet (beef tenderloin), they brought me a fatty, hard piece of shoe leather. I sent it back and asked for a breaded steak, instead they then brought me fried chicken, with fries that were old, grease soaked and tasted like cardboard. Not to mention the rice, which is really hard to mess up, tasted horrible. My husband ordered the roasted pork which wasn't bad, but it came with moros that was ice cold and yuca that while soft had absolutely no flavor. We will never go back and if you want a good meal don't go there.

• Visited August 2012