“Great food and service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of River Oyster Bar

River Oyster Bar
650 South Miami Avenue, Brickel Village, Miami, FL 33130 (Downtown)
13055301915
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
River Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #148 of 3,466 Restaurants in Miami
Transit: 8th Street Metro Mover
Birmingham, AL
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were able to walk to this bustling, busy restaurant situated close to the river. The food was fresh and very tasty. My husband had oysters and enjoyed the selection available. The fish was perfectly cooked.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boyds, Maryland
“Happy Hour for Oysters & Cocktails”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Came here on a Thursday after work meetings. It was full by 5:30. Good food, fun environment and very reasonable. Popular with late 20's to 55 plus crowd.

Visited March 2013
Boston, MA
“Excellent food and service. Not to miss.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Food and service was great. We had blue crab gnocci (to die for) and cobia entry. All appetizers were good and there were many more that we would order that looked interesting. Drinks were excellent. Happy hour is offered until 7 p.m., seems like a good pre dinner deal for a couple of drinks/apps. Place gets busy, reservations recommended. Service was excellent which is quite rare these days. River Oyster is for sure a place we would come back to.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami Beach, Florida
“dinner May 8”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

7 people for dinner who won't be back. Surly waiter, don't care manager, long wait for food, waiter refused to help bone whole fish, ran out of clams! expensive too.
never again

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
“Excellent choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband, 2 year old daughter and I had dinner at this restaurant last Thursday evening. It was loud and busy when we arrived with ther after work crowd. We were seated at a table towards the rear of the restaurant and that worked fine for us. We had an excellent dinner. I had the kale salad for a starter and my husband had the river chopped salad. My salad was great - very fresh, interesting flavours. The waiter brought the bacon which came with the salad in a small plate on the side without my asking which I appreciated. The salad portions were generous without being too much. My main course was the snapper filet - again, just really really good. My husband had the whole (bones and all!) salt baked branzino. He enjoyed every single morsel of that fish. I tasted some of it and I yes indeed - fresh, lightly seasoned, absolutely delish! I enjoyed a reisling with my dinner and my husband had a pinot - both off the menu by the glass and very good. But for the location which is just on the corner of a side street on the outskirts of the hub of downtown Miami and not particularly impressive, this place is definetly a go to spot for a nice dinner in Miami. Our waiter was also spot on - not the warmest/fuzziest of persons but he was very efficient. I recommend this restaurant and will return.

• Visited April 2013