“Quality seafood in Pub setting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of River Oyster Bar

River Oyster Bar
650 South Miami Avenue, Brickel Village, Miami, FL 33130 (Downtown)
13055301915
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
River Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #146 of 3,461 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 7th Street
Transit: 8th Street Metro Mover
“Quality seafood in Pub setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Went with the family. Each of us took something different and we were all impressed with the quality of the seafood, flavors and freshness. It had there my best lobster ever. No frills, just good ambiance and high quality food.

Parma, Ohio
“Great lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

This was a very lucky find for us. We just flew in from Cleveland and just happened to be walking by. In my opinion I think the food was excellent. Ceviche was the best I have ever had! I also had the shrimp and grits. This also was great. Service was good considering how busy it got. We were the first ones seated once it opened, and the place filled up quickly. I would definitely recommend!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Simply, rude! Over-rated place, crowded and not very sophisticated!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Belated rate. We, a party of six, were given a table with a corteous warning: it's reserved for a 8:00 p.m. party, we took it willing to leave at specified time. Meanwhile, Enjoyed oysters, other appetizers, plenty of drinks and even entrees. Kept wondering about the other party. At 8:55 p.m., we, still drinking and planning on seconds, were asked to leave by the woman-manager because the 8:00 p.m. party just arrived. Really? Deed dee deeeeee! simply rude and dumb! Anyway, it is an over-rated place, very crowded, and neither ambiance nor service are not very sophisticated!

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“good food, service standards need a review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Good news: people are right the bar/bar food is great&a bargain. Clams casino, bacalo (skip the conch) fritters were great and $5 Stellas help you enjoy more. The clam linguine had an intriguing sauce with chiles, tomato, garlic blended & light. Dont understand the trend of adding pork to clams (Williamsburg too)--not my favorite. As everyone's noted--you can blink and be in serious $ here(so focus!); BUT I was traveling alone and there's definitely a pecking order: couples, men alone, then single women--the hostess midweek wasnt friendly or skilled; bartenders sunday were aces/not so mid week(everyone else got bread, water, attention...)

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Some good things, some bad things”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Nine family members ate here last night (Sunday). I realize there are challenges when you have that many people in a group vs. a table of two or four people, so I am definitely more forgiving and patient when eating in a group. Our server was adequate, not great, but competent, with a couple of exceptions. First course was a delicious mussels appetizer with coconut milk, lemongrass, lime, basil and chiles. DO NOT MISS THIS DISH! It was amazing! In fact, it was much better than my entree. Yeah, let's talk about my entree. The server and runners brought everyone's entree to the table except mine. My family wanted to wait for me to get my entree, but I told them to start. I'm glad I did. A few minutes after everyone was served, the server came back to me and said that my entree would be out in a few minutes. More than a few minutes passed. Some of the other diners were well halfway through their entrees when a woman who didn't bother to identify herself came over to me and told me there had been an "incident" with my entree and it would be out in a few more minutes. She was apologetic and not knowing what had happened, and not being told what happened, there was no way of knowing if the situation could have been avoided. I told her that I accepted her apology, but that didn't change the fact that everyone was well into their dinners and I hadn't started. My entree finally arrived and it was good. Not great. In a separate issue, my husband asked the server when ordering if the dish was spicy because he can't tolerate any spice at all. The server assured him it was not spicy. Guess what? When it arrived, it was too spicy for him to eat. And they tried to argue with him and tell him it was ginger, when it clearly was chiles of some kind. The good news is that everyone else enjoyed their meals. So.....there are too many good restaurants in Miami to go back here again.

• Visited February 2013