“Miscommunication” 3 of 5 stars
Review of P.F. Chang's

P.F. Chang's
8888 SW 136th Street, The Falls Shopping Center, Suite 100, Miami, FL 33176-5883
(305) 234-2338
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #451 of 3,447 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
FL Keys
“Miscommunication”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We took a break from shopping and visited PF Chang’s for lunch around 1PM on a recent Saturday. They were not busy. The hostess glanced up, giving us a bland, disinterested look and then went back to what she was doing. There were many tables available, yet we were left waiting for 5 minutes before we were seated. Our waiter, Bruce, was friendly. He took our drink order and then promptly brought our water and draft beers. The draft beer selection is quite limited. Drafts are $5. We each ordered a luncheon special (one sesame chicken and one Kung Pao chicken). We did ask to have brown rice with our meals instead of the usual white or fried rice. For some unknown reason, our server never offered or brought the soup or salad that is supposed to accompany the luncheon specials. Immediately after our food was placed in front of us and before we had taken a bite, the manager asked “how is your food?” We told her we hadn’t had the first bite. We did take the opportunity to ask her why our lunch didn’t come with soup or salad? She apologized and offered to give us dessert (which we didn’t want) to make up for it. The food itself was of satisfactory taste and a good sized portion, though not especially memorable. Sauces are available to add spice to the food, if desired. Our lunch and two draft beers came to $30. The meal was OK, but not as good as I’ve had at PF Chang’s in the past. One caution – the floor was very slippery!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Miami
“Great tasty food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I was feeling a little under the weather and purchased an appetizer bowl of Chicken Noodle soup which was a spicy broth with shiitake mushrooms, grape tomatoes, pin rice noodles, and cilantro. The portion size was enormous and it was absolute liquid medicine! Delicious with strong earthy flavors and I felt better as soon as I had eaten it. My Mum and my friend shared the lettuce wraps which they enjoyed, and then had stir fry meals to follow that they both said were delicious, huge portions. We had great service and had advised our waiter we only had one hour to eat there as we were trying to make a movie and he took great care of us. Will definitely return.

Visited September 2013
Key West, Florida
“Just Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is your average P.F. Chang's experience. Nothing more, nothing less.

Service was a little slow, but the restaurant was half full as well.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good food but service is sometimes blah”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I come to PF Changs strictly for the gluten free menu and have been to this location a lot. At this location the service has been a hit or miss for me. One time I had gluten free sauce and the service was great and then another time the server said they don't do sauce gluten free and the server was slow and not too friendly (it wasn't even crowded). I need my Chinese food fix and since i'm gluten free will have to still go here. Will just hope I get the friendly servers..

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Love PF Changs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I know it's a chain but I have eaten in a lot of Chinese restaurants through the years and this place is my favorite. Everything I have ever tasted in here has been excellent and I highly recommend the Pad Thai.

• Visited July 2013