“Great Ribs” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Shorty's Bar-B-Q is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 3,415 Restaurants in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Dessert, Barbecue, Hamburgers
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Great Ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

While on assignment in Miami. Shorty's Bar-B-Q was arounf the corner from my hotel. I just had to try it based on the smells coming from there!! Over the course of several visits I tried the Baby Back Ribs, the Pulled Pork , the Brisket and the Fried Green Tomatoes. Now none of it was bad, but my favorites were hands down the Baby Back Ribs and Fried Green Tomatoes. They were some of the best I've ever had. I'm from North Carolina and kind of particular about pulled pork, and Shorty's comes pre-mixed with a sweet tomato based BBQ sauce that was just not to my taste and to me covered up the sweet, smokey porkiness of the meat. The brisket was very good, but was not smokey enough in my opinion. Perhaps it was the piece that I had, but there was no visible pink/red smoke ring in the meat that I would expect to see from a long slow smoking of a brisket. But oh those ribs were really, really good.

Visited June 2014

Plantation, Florida
“I've never had better!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I love Shortys BBQ!!! I get the pulled pork sandwich with French fries every time I go!!! They have one near my house!

• Visited April 2014
Santiago, Chile
“BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Is there anything better than BBQ ribs?
If you like BBQ meals THIS is the place.

My favourite is the BBQ chicken.
Freshly made and tender....it's heaven.

The dishes are big and the lunch specials comes with French fries and coleslaw.

Don't expect a fancy restaurant. Only great food and excellent price.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Food, Questionable Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

After seeing overall decent reviews from Trip Advisor, I tried this BBQ spot & I was extremely pleased with the quality & quantity!! Went twice during my 5 day vacation. A must if you love BBQ...

• Visited May 2014
Leeds, England
“Nice food, ok service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I came here for evening meal.

The place wasn't too busy, and appeared to have a mix in customers of locals and tourists (which I normally take as a good thing).

I was told to find my own table and a server would come along shortly, which she did. I was passed a quite tatty menu, which appeared to have the residue of previous diners meals on it, and selected the Beef Brisket and a beer.

Moments later the beer arrived (in a plastic cup) and moments after that, my meal arrived. The beef was delicious, it was served with fries and BBQ sauce, also in a plastic cup. I was also given a paper bag, for which I assume I was to put any litter in.

Service in Shorty's was fast, no question. But there wasn't a lot of interest or general friendliness about any of the servers I encountered. It felt like a "come in, sit down, eat, get out" kind of place.

Needless to say, once I finished my meal I paid and left pretty quickly.

So overall, the food was lovely and at a good price, service was fast but nothing else.

Not at the top of my list for a return visit.

• Visited June 2014