“Out of ribs, but I'll try again next time” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Shorty's Bar-B-Q is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 3,659 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Dessert, Hamburgers
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Texas
“Out of ribs, but I'll try again next time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

As an out-of-towner in Miami over the Mother's Day weekend (2012) because of a wedding, I was game when someone mentioned Shorty's BBQ.. Apparently everyone in Miami takes mom out for ribs on Mother's Day because they ran out of ribs by the time we got there. The pulled pork was good though, so we still had a tasty, sticky-finger, sloppy-BBQ-sauce-down-the-front-of-your-shirt good time on the long tables you share with others.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Shorty's... short in name, big in flavor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stopped on route to the Keys as a result of a recommendation from a University of Miami Law School Alum. The location is an easy on /off route 1 for those heading south. This kid friendly joint boasts a courteous staff and great BBQ flavor. We sampled a number of appetizers... the chicken wings were awesome as were the fried green tomatoes. The onions rings were great. The burger was awesome and the Texas brisket was tasty. The rib combo platter however was OK.

This will be a stop we make every time we head to the Keys.

Visited March 2013
Miami
“Very Tasty Place to experience BBQ Ribs!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you want a fancy Restaurant go somewhere else! But if you want to try one of the best BBQ Ribs in town, you must go to Shorty's. The original in the US1. You will eat with your hands and will get greasy and messy but the taste of this food is worthwhile!!!

Visited September 2012
New York
“Needs a little work.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I love BBQ . . . Although I don't usually put Miami amd BBQ in the same sentence, when I happened to come across Shorty's, I gave it a shot. It was promising with wood benches and a very no frills atmosphere. I thought that there was serious bbq to be had. Given that it was lunch time, I tried to stay light - so I had the pulled pork sandwich platter. I've had this dish in many great BBQ joints over the years. Shorty's was mediocre. The main issue was that it was dry, and that's not good for pulled pork. It didn't taste bad and the cole slaw that it came with was decent. However, I will not be going back. I'll stick with the wonderful Cuban and Peruvian food that is all around Miami.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Panama City, Panama
“BEST CHICKEN IN THE WORLD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was on the last week of February, of 2013 , I have been going to Shortys on US 1, since the 70's when I was a children , 80' s when I was a teen and then went to University of Miami. Bad reviews is of people that do not know the menu, My recommendation is Half Chicken(burn enough) "BEST CHICKEN IN THE WORLD" with the cole slaw and the French Fries, also order the Corn on the Cob (Which is the best than any other one I have try, it comes on a pool of melted butter inside a little foam tray ), also the Beans they are very good. If you like Baby Back Ribs in Shortys they are ok you can ask for a quarter chicken and Baby Back Ribs COMBO. But the "BEST BABY BACKS RIBS IN THE WORLD are also in Miami in a Chain call FLANIGANS "the one I go is in Coconut Grove.
I strongly recommend to Everyone to Visit SHORTYS when they come to Miami.
TAKE CARE