“Excellent Chinese” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Hollywood, Florida, United States
“Excellent Chinese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I've lived in South Florida for many years, and it's a shame there aren't more Chinese restaurants like this one. Hands down the best Chinese food we've had here. Located in an unassuming strip mall, the interior of the restaurant is upscale buy cozy. The service is typical of family style Asian restaurants, multiple waiters serve you, which is efficient but not personal. The food here is the attraction. The roasted duck and garlic baby bok choy were outstanding. While I read some poor reviews, I would definitely not hesitate giving this place a try.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
“Peking duck express”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I come to Tropical Chinese everytime I go to Miami. The restaurant was beeter in the past, but if you want a peking duck without prior order, the place to go is the Tropical Chinese. In Sao Francisco Xavier I can have a Peking duck at Yoshi's but I need to order 3 days before.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami
“What a dissapointment.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I've been a faithful client of this place for over 10 years. The visit before last, I saw a change in the quality of the food. it seemed old and poorly composed. I just figured it was a bad day, no biggie. Yesterday I paid them a visit and it was WORSE. The fried rice had chicken in it that was grey and smelled of rot, the dim sum (ALL of the ones I ate except the eggplant one) tasted of burned food. I took home a couple of pieces of dim sum that I had ordered to go and thought maybe it wouldn't be too bad since it was a new batch, well, by the time I made it home, it smelled like a piece of pork left outdoors for days. I am terribly disappointed since we love this place. not sure I would go back. Oh, there was construction going on which was very loud but I don't take points away from that since its to better the restaurant

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
US Virgin Islands
“Great lunch dish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I'm always on a search for excellent General Tso's chicken. This place had it. Very tasty and well cooked with just enough spice. I'd like to go back for dim sum next time!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Best Dim Sum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Food is really good, they have the carts coming to your table often so you can pick fresh, hot food.
Worth the trip for sure !

• Visited June 2014