“Toooo LOUD” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bongos Cuban Cafe

Bongos Cuban Cafe
601 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132 (Downtown)
(786) 777-2100
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #692 of 3,615 restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Embrace the authenticity of Cuban culture at Bongos Cuban Cafe, where Miami meets Old Havanas tropical ambiance, cuisine, and style. This magnificent restaurant and nightclub was opened in April 2000 and is located right in the heart of Downtown Miami adjacent to the AmericanAirlines Arena. Bongos Cuban Cafe boasts spectacular views of the port of Miami, Biscayne Bay, and the Downtown Miami skyline.
florida
“Toooo LOUD”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

First of all, let me start by saying that I did not dine here but took a salsa class on a Friday night via salsamia.com. They have groups for beginner, intermediate, and expert. It costs about $30 per person for a class, Expect to pay about $10 per alcoholic beverage. While the atmosphere is very festive and the instructors are high-energy, this is not an ideal place to learn to dance salsa in my opinion. Because of the noise and there is a lot of it, it's difficult to hear the instructors and there is NO one-on-one instruction. I noted to my friend that I would not dine here if the goal was to have any conversation at the table, as it's very loud. Again, the food may be great and I love Cuban food, but ambience to me is as important as food quality. Now for those of you who like loud and are accustomed to loud places, crowds, and a party type of atmosphere, then you will probably enjoy yourselves and can disregard my review entirely. But if your goal is to learn salsa and you are a beginner to intermediate, or you would like a restaurant where you do not have to shout to be heard or strain to hear, I would recommend a different venue.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

51% Recommend
Costa Mesa, California
“Not for food but for the ambient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Came when the Miami Heat played San Antonio Spurs in the NBA Finals. Took longer to park as the restaurant is the same place as the AA Arena! Food is very Caribbean, meaning very fried. Many big screens to show the game. Also we didn't go on a club night (Fri/Sat) but I could imagine this Gloria Estefan property being a great place for dancing Salsa!

Visited June 2013
Venezuela
“Will only judge the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Being a Estefans’ owned place it is easy to predict music is the star dish…well, I did not have the opportunity to judge since I went at 5.30pm and left at 7pm, half an hour before the music started.
The food was a nice surprise, because they tought us simple can be gourmet. This is a cuban titled place, so we asked for Masitas de Puerco, Fried Fish and Plantain. Well, if you are latin and make these choices ,you will say “this is very good”, and if you are not, you will have an incredible culinary trip to our continent. You might end regreting not being a latino. Next time I will make sure to get there a little later and maybe Gloria will sing for me.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice diversion”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

'After a long day walking South Beach we wanted something Cuban. Well, we booked via OpenTable for 6:45pm. Te place was not crowded at all. The place was decorated nicely and fairly roomy. We came with Swedish relatives and they were happy to go to a nice Cuban place. The service was very friendly and helpful. We ordered shredded beef and chicken plates, which were pretty good. We had Caramel flan for desert and it was good. We also had Cuban cofee which was delicious. Overall a nice place and was fun to visit. Nice location to downtown and the Miami Heat center.

Visited April 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Not Bad For A Tourist Attraction.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The food was average. The ambiance was better than average. My churrasco arrived lukewarm and I believe it was cooked earlier in the day. The Mojito was just average. I've had better. The service was outstanding and made up for the lackluster meal. The prices were reasonable for the area. I would eat here again if I were to attend an event at the AA Arena. It is very convenient.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Bongos Cuban Cafe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Bongos Cuban Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.