“Love!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #191 of 3,659 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Latin
“Love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I've tried a few different things from here and they have all been so delicious! Meat is always tender and so flavorful. Delicious Nacatamales! I also love their passion fruit Sangria:-) everytime I go to Miami, I hunt this restaurant down!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Kissimmee, Florida
“Food was good, but service could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Being married to a Nicaraguan, I understand the food. This place has the potential to be great. Unfortunantley they automatically charge a 15% gratuity regardless of the party size. Needless to say the service was slow and in my opinion not worth giving the waiter that tip. Why strive to be nice and courteous you will automatically get paid.

We waited for over 10 minutes when we finally flagged the girl down that gave us our water she apologized and stated they probably forgot us since our table was hidden and in a corner. Strike 1. The waiter came to take our order and we never saw him until we were done with our meal. Strike 2. Finally the girl that was busing the table was the one who offered to bring our bill .. not even asking if we wanted to dessert or anything. Strike 3.

Although the food was good, I will not return to eat there unless #1 I take cash and then pay the amount I choose for a tip, or 2 I will order next door at the Pulperia (which is also owned by them) and take it to go.

It's no surprise I guess to those who live in Miami that service is like that pretty much at every restaurant. But for someone traveling it leaves a pretty bad taste in your mouth.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tegucigalpa, Francisco Morazan, Honduras
“Nica Food & Superb Service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

If you are looking for a outstanding nica food, Madrono Restaurant is the place to go. Came back a week ago from Florida which I had to eat some Nica food & drink some good Cacao. We order the Bandeja de Antojitos, Repochetas, cacao, tres leches & Buñuelos!!!! The food is really good and the service is superb!!! I truly recommend Madrono.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami
“Been coming here for years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

As far as authentic Nicaraguan food goes this place is it! I've been coming here for years and have seen them transform into the place they are now. They have great modern decor to go along with the awesome food! My only qualm would be the place is to small. I wish the restaurant was bigger. When the place is full and you get up to go to the restroom it's hard not to kinda feel your very close to the tables. Prices are about average would definitely go back.

Miami
“Great Nicaraguan Food at a good price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Madroño is a Nicaraguan food. My girfriend is nicaraguan and thanks to that I am becoming a certain sort of a guru in their food...

Good enviroment, is more a family oriented Restaurant, not too fancy but very clean and nice!

Good service, the waiters are really nice!

They offer some regional dishes from Nicaragua like fish, carne asada and others...

• Visited December 2012