“A Beacon in the night!!” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Las Culebrinas
2890 SW 27th Ave, Miami, FL 33133-3760 (Coconut Grove)
(305) 448-4090
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Coconut Grove
Christiansted, St. Croix
“A Beacon in the night!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Stuck in MIAMI with Flight being Canceled, So EAT WELL And Be Happy

This was such a wonderful find. Another friend of mine also stranded knew of this place and we had Such a fantastic meal along with Ice cold Beer!!!! I will be sure to visit this GREAT place again on my next pass through town. YUMMMMMMMM

• Visited May 2011

68% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Amazing Cuban.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

This is the 3rd time I've been to Las Culebrinas. The first time my friend brought me and I could not believe how delicious it was. 1 1/2 years later it was just as delicious. After I raved about it my sister made me bring her when we were in Miami. We were there for an early dinner, late lunch about 4:00 on black Friday and we were pretty much the only ones there. The staff were very nice, though the busboy did not know much English he tried very hard. We got Ham Croquetes (mmmm), a chickpea with chorizo appetizer, Chicken Milenesa (plenty so I shared with the kids), Pork in Avocado sauce, and steak with Chimichurri. Everything was delicious and the servings were so big we brought some home for another meal.
The waiter recommended a Cuban soda for the kids. It was so good!
We got a parking spot on the street but there is a valet also. The bathrooms were very clean as was the rest of the restaurant. This is a sample menu (above link wasn't working) http://culebrinas.homestead.com/

• Visited November 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Food, Large Portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Food was good and portions were large, but I think it was a bit pricey for the location and the quality of food.

Visited February 2012
rochester, ny
“Wonderful Cuban Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Food quality was excellent with large quantities at reasonable prices. Service was very good as was the atmosphere. Highly recommended for Cuban dinner; we cannot experience this at home so it was very enjoyable. Staff was very pleasant and attentive.

Visited March 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
“Ignore the Negative Reviews and Give it a Chance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We were staying at the Hampton Inn in Coconut Grove. This restaurant and the one next to it are within a block of the hotel. The restaurant next door was very busy and active, but I wanted Cuban food, which is unavailable where I live. I hesitated, though, because some TripAdvisor reviewers complained about poor, slow service. So, we went in expecting to spend a long time there. In fact, the service could not have been better.

Perhaps because it was a slow night and there were almost as many waiters as customers, our every need was catered to, and the courses came out of the kitchen exactly when you would want them to arrive. And they have $15 carafes of wine. With gratuity and everything included, our bill was $70.

I cannot comment on the authenticity of the food. I know nothing about Cuban food. I can say that the menu was very extensive, and the food we ate was very good. Oh, and there was a lot of it. We took doggy bags with us ... good thing that the Hampton Inn has fridges in the room.

• Visited January 2012