“Excellent food , service can be better!!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Californian, Eclectic
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Miami, Florida
“Excellent food , service can be better!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

It was my second time in this restaurants and I think I might be going back... The food its actually really good and the prices are ok for what you get. The service can be a little better. We arrived half hour before closing and the waitress didn't look to happy to have more people coming in, he actually look at his watch before sitting us. As I said the food was excellent, I would really recommend the ravioli with pear.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

River Forest, Illinois
“Excellent! Don't Miss It!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We ate here last week when we were staying in the neighborhood on our way to Key West. We all had drinks and dinner and thought everything was fantastic. The décor was so original and cool and it was such a great experience. The top dishes at our table were the lasagna and meatloaf. Martinis were awesome too.

If you are nearby, you should really eat here, you will be happy you did!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Valentines dinner hot mess!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We frequent this place quite often & the food has always been exceptional ...that was NOT the case last night !
My partner ordered the " SEAFOOD PAPPARDELLE " Frozen lobster...over cooked & rubber like !
Maine lobster, which was the main part of the dish, was inedible !!!
After bringing this traumatic news to our server,Jason F, they bring out another lobster . Pleasing to the eye,because someone decided to submerge the lobster in green sauce, but was as equally disappointing as the previous one.
We gave up at that point . How many times can you really get it wrong ? Obviously more than twice ! Which brings me to my dish .
I had what was called "CLASSIC SPANISH PAELLA FOR TWO".
There was nothing "classic"about it . Giant chunks of vegetables,bay scallops that were the size of peas,calamari tough as rubber,clams gritty,"saffron rice"way under cooked,chicken -dry!....the mussels were at least fresh & steamed just right .
It all fell short of our usual dinning experience at SOYKA . What a disappointed couple on VALENTINES !!!
P.S. Our waiter, Jason F, was very serviceable .

“Valentines Day Disaster”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I have eaten here several times and always had an amazing experience, more like a WOW moment, but for some reason this day which was an important one for us was a disaster food wise. I had the seafood dish of their limited menu and the lobster was as tough as a rock. It felt as though I was chewing on rubber bands. So dissapointing since I love this place. I guess it was all about cover count and not food quality. I'm not saying I won't return but I won't on this day

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Brilliant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Had the pleasure of visiting Soyka twice on my business trip to Miami. A friend of mine had been there once before earlier in the week and suggested we go. Wait staff and Hosts were very friendly on both occasions and I found it kind of shocking after the fact when I read some reviews that said the staff were not up to par with this calibre of restaurant.

The food is excellent here. Meatloaf and Steak Salad are high on my list. Lots of great happy hour specials as well.

Nothing but great things to say about this Miami gem and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great dining experience in the Miami area.