“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Sambal - CLOSED

Cafe Sambal
500 Brickell Key Dr, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)
(305) 913-8358
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: South East 8th Street
Transit: Metrobus stop located across from restaurant.
Boca Raton, Florida
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I had dinner there for my 40th birthday. It did not disappoint...actually exceeded my expectations. The view looking back at downtown Miami was gorgeous. The food was excellent (I had the Kobe beef, my husband had fish); the staff were friendly and courteous; and the ambience was romantic and serene. The mojitos were the best I've ever had! To top it off, they brought out two beautiful desserts with a candle, the plate inscribed 'happy birthday' in chocolate. Yes, this place is a bit pricey but for a great evening out or special occasion...it is totally worth it.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Miami, Florida
“I love this place, but need to work on service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I came with a coworker for few drinks and sushi.
We were seated promptly, it took us a good 10 minutes to be greeted by the server.
We took our orders and left, he delivered our drinks and the were sooo good!!!!
5 minutes later he came back again asking on our sushi order. We then got it right away, but did not get our appetizers that we have previously ordered, sushi was delicious, at the end he cleared our table and said: So I think you guys don't need anything else right? OMG...what happened there? No desserts??? No Coffee??? Hum they do have a great view, tables could be allocated on a way that everyone could enjoy it!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland
“Excellent food but watch your bill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My family had an early dinner at Cafe Sambal in the Mandarin Oriental. We started off with small plates and sushi which were all outstanding. Several of us then ordered some entrees which were also well prepared. I had to take my daughter to the airport so my wife and mother-in-law took care of the bill. When I got home that night, there was a question about the bill. We called the restaurant and the following day they sent over a copy. There were 4 items charged on the bill which were not ordered or served. The manager, after checking with the night manager and waiter, credited the charges but I would have expected that the check would have been correct the first time. Although they did the right thing, this put a damper on an otherwise delicious meal.

fafamiami
“Beautiful view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Beautiful view at this place
The sushi was excellent!!! But the waiter forgot part of our order.
A very casual/chic place!!!!
I recommend.

Wilton, Connecticut
“Outstanding menu. Delicious sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Definitely what you would expect from a Mandarin Oriental restaurant. Asian influenced, we had a fantastic meal for 2 at just about $100. Sushi was very creative and fresh, salad with pumpkin seeds and organic greens was a large portion and very good. Tandoori chicken was cooked very well and was complimented well by sautéed spinach and coconut rice. Desserts are top notch. It is very obvious they have a French pastry chef. All of them looked outstanding, we chose the chocolate hazelnut cake. Out of this world. You must sit outside in their patio as the view is gorgeous and romantic. Very nice place for business as well.

Visited February 2013

If you own or manage Cafe Sambal, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.