“Good but quality of food not what I expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Versailles Restaurant

Versailles Restaurant
3555 SW Eighth St, Miami, FL 33135-4196 (Little Havana)
(305) 444-0240
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #71 of 3,623 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: Little Havana
San Antonio, Texas
“Good but quality of food not what I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Decided to try Versailles because of the good reviews I read-I wasn't dis-appointed, but wasn't overly impressed. Visited on a Friday night and the place was Easy to find in little Havana. The placed was packed but we only waited approximately 15 minutes to be seated. I wanted to try the seafood and rice combo because the table next to us had ordered it and it looked and smelled delicious. Was told the wait was about 1 hr for the dish and decided against it. Had the
Mahi Mahi -Grilled w nice charcoal coloring but dried and kind of bland in flavor.  The yellow rice was excellent, moist and full of flavor. My wife had Versailles chicken. 1/2 cut (large) of grilled chicken, good flavor, came with a majo sauce, the blk beans and rice was also full of flavor and moist. Not sure what it's called (rondalla) but a group of singers w/guitar in hand made their rounds. The inside had a historic ambience which was nice-not upscale but pleasant.
Overall good meal but again not the drop watering taste of cuban food I expected-maybe if I had the seafood dish.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Vancouver, Washington
“Good But Don't Go Out of Your Way”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had intended to eat an Versailles the previous night but did not want to wait an hour for a seat so we came back for a quick breakfast in their bakery. We enjoyed the different treats they had and it was overall a good experience. However, I asked myself if it was worth all the hype? i would say no. It was also very, very crowded. Don't get me wrong, the food was good and the atmosphere was okay. However, we were staying close by so it wasn't out of the way.

Visited March 2013
Sunny Isles Beach
“Latin food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

More expensive that La Carreta but not really any better. Beats the pollo Tropical experience though.

Visited December 2012
Miami, Florida
“TRADITION”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

One of the most reputable CUBAN cuisine Restaurant in Miami keeping their traditional quality and flavors a live!

Visited December 2012
Miami, Florida
“We have better places for Cuabn food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I prefer the Bakery, they have good service, better things to eat liter.
I was there last saturday, the service was poor and the food, the same. You can fine in Miami better restaurants,

Visited March 2013