“What a menu!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #358 of 3,418 Restaurants in Miami
Miami
“What a menu!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Last night was my third visit to King Palace. It was just as good as the first time. Their menu is extensive -- you can find items you'll never see anywhere else (i.e. barbecued pig intestines -- not that I'd order it). There are ducks drying, tanks with live lobsters and fish, large tables with lazy Susans, scurrying waitstaff (friendly and well-informed). I've had out of the ordinary dishes, such as duck feet, crispy ribs, and braised beef tendons. The portions are large and the prices are most reasonable. Reservations are suggested, but last night, we didn't wait and were seated immediately.

We intend to return and try something different each time. We're planning on bringing a large party so we can all try and share different items.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

North Miami
“Chinese Done Right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I come to this restaurant for lunch and dinner. It's not a fancy place but hidden food finds like this counts. You might pass by this place while driving on Miami Gardens but its definitely a must try. It's really hard to find decent Chinese in my area but this place delivers! As expected, the menu is extensive but if you're a regular, you know exactly what to order and do not worry, food is always served piping hot. I normally pick from the lunch menu. This time I ordered the roasted pork (comes w/ fried rice, hot & sour soup, spring roll). I've been to other Chinese joints around the area but they don't prepare it the way this restaurant do...lightly sauced, little toasted and tasty! The hot & sour soup was piping hot and hearty. Since my lunch special was satisfying me, I had the audacity to order another entree...crispy pork ribs. I just couldn't resist :) OK... I know its a bit of an overload but was worth it cause it didn't matter, I took home whatever was left. Service is always polite and swift here...perfect for a quick lunch but you might have to take a nap cause for the little money you'll spend here...the portions are pretty huge! (Tip: They only except Visa or MC and cash of course)

• Visited April 2013