“Unprofessional Company” 1 of 5 stars

Miami Art Tour: Design District, Midtown and Wynwood
Ranked #55 of 158 Tours & Activities in Miami
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Los Angeles, California
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Unprofessional Company”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is a review of Art Basel Tours and not the actual tour. I bought a Groupon for the Design District Tour. As I do not live in Miami, I called and emailed to make a reservation for December. This was at the beginning of October. We are now at the end of October and I still have not received a confirmation with all the details. I just called Groupon to receive a refund. I am very disappointed with their customer service as I was looking forward to taking this tour and I will now use another company.

Visited October 2013

miami
“WOW!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

What an incredible experience, to say the least! We went to collections, galleries and saw so many murals! The best part about it was that we saw some really amazing murals that are off the beaten path that I probably wouldn't have even known were there or been able to see them if I wasn't on this tour. Such great photo ops! The curator/tour guide couldn't have been more knowledgable! She spoke so passionately and answered all of our questions. We then dined at a delicious 5 star restaurant, best meal EVER! You really couldn't get more bang for your buck! This is an art lover and foodies dream! I left the tour a new person.

Visited September 2013
Roskilde, Denmark
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An artist’s heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is a different world altogether. Visiting this place was like being in another universe, in another time. It was like time traveling. What was really attractive was the blend of the white with the colors. The various paintings and the galleries were very engaging. A special thanks to Susan for enriching us about this place and being there with us in during this other worldly experience.

Visited August 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent!!!wonderful!!terriffic art tour experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

This wynwood art exploration experience is a must do when visiting Miami, Susan Baker founder of the wynwood art district experience tours give a most wonderful tour of the historic district founded by Tony Goldman like a said a Must do experience!!

Visited December 2012
Miami, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Meet the masters...up close and personally”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Our time spent yesterday with The Art Experience counts as some of the most stimulating and enjoyable we've had in our 10 years in Miami. It was as if we'd found the key to unlock a previously unknown parallel universe of contemporary art and artists.

This is not your mother's museum walk! Our knowledgeable--and well connected--guide, Susana, took us through private collections, galleries, the Wynwood Walls, design workshops, boutiques, and artists' residences cum studios. We saw works in every imaginable--and some unimagined--media, met with the artists themselves and watched as one of them graciously demonstrated an original technique.

If you are already interested in contemporary art, or just want to give it a try, an afternoon with The Art Experience is like following the White Rabbit down through his hole!

Visited August 2013

Been to The Art Experience? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Art Experience, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.