“Beautiful view, clean and comfy beds” 4 of 5 stars
Review of YVE Hotel Miami

You added YVE Hotel Miami to your Saves list
YVE Hotel Miami
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   146 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132 (Formerly b2 miami downtown) (Downtown)   |
Ranked #39 of 110 Hotels in Miami
Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
“Beautiful view, clean and comfy beds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Comfy twin beds, beautiful view across to Miami Beach.
Free wifi at b2.
Perfect for stopping before a cruise which is what we did.
Very very close to the miami heat stadium with parking opposite for this venue.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at YVE Hotel for 2 nights with my family and we all liked the hotel. The only downside was the room size. It is very small compared to other hotels in the US. The bathroom specifically is very very small. The location is good, there's a CVS right next door and good restaurant (including Hard Rock cafe) options nearby. For breakfast, there's a place beside the hotel that I recommend very much. It is not very near Miami Beach (about 15 minutes by car), so I would advise renting a car. To park the car for 2 nights is about 70 dollars. It's not cheap but this includes valet service. There's free wifi but in my room it wasn't very good.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
rfestinger, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Larissa L,

Thank you very kindly for sharing your experience at YVE Hotel Miami.
We certainly are fortunate to be located in such fantastic location. I am glad you found our valet and hotel to suit all your needs. We look forward to having you and your family back really soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Worst hotel I've ever stayed in and I've been to hundreds of them. Loudest room ever, I could literally hear the neighbors breathe and they left TV on loud all night, had to call front desk 5 times at 3am, speak to a rude receptionist until they did something about it. No snacks in the room, no mini bar, no room service menu. They advertise the hotel as rooms with "great views", mine was a mini window facing a garage wall. And their "gastro pub" is a bland sports bar with zero atmosphere. Elevator takes forever to come up, I eventually had to go down the stairs with luggage after waiting for 15 minutes to find out at check out that there's an "amenity fee" for wifi that they never gave me a password for. Sounds like a joke, it isn't sadly.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Dear Jimbazz,

I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. I will share your input with the rest of the team and I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered.
We are consciously striving for excellence and we take your input very seriously.
If you would like to further discuss your stay I am always available . I do hope you will join us again in the future so we can show you the YVE experience we are known for.

Best Always,

Airlie Beach, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

When we arrived we were impressed. The Concierge (Steve) and Reception Manager gave us exceptional service.

We were early, but they did well to set us up with activities for our 3 nights in Miami. First impressions were that of a new hotel, with minor final fit-out work being conducted.

When our room was ready we were impressed by the fast transfer of our baggage and the freshness of our room. It had been refurbished beyond a normal makeover, with expensive surfaces, new bed, new bathroom fit-out and total repaint – so well done that it took a while to see the signs of small give away areas, such as cracked tiles in elevators and bathroom floors and minor dents or holes in steel door frames - oh well, almost new. Unfortunately, some old functions still remained (the aircon thermostat control cutover was a noisy clunk, followed by loud electric motor start up and aircon operation that sounded in the quiet of the night like a jet engine starting up). Unfortunately the walls are thin and loud conversations or TV noise in adjacent rooms intruded on sleep quality from an inconsiderate neighbouring room

What could have been a five star experience was shattered. Also it is strange that there is no in-room fridge and the brief information card is too brief – e.g. the hands free phone is modern but controls are different to most in-room phones and doesn’t get a mention, causing us to travel downstairs to reception to pass on a message to Maintenance. The bathroom is modern but very small.

The in-room safe box was large enough to hold my laptop, the bed very comfortable and one of the best showers I have experienced. It is in a perfect position.

I am sure they will iron the issues out, as the staff are eager to assist.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear croftonMelbourne,

Thank you for selecting YVE as your choice hotel in the Magic City.
We greatly appreciate the recognition in addition to all the suggestions that we take very seriously. Many of the improvements that you had mention are in the process of getting initiated. We appreciate feedback and we look forward to many more returns.

Saskatchewan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I should have known when the taxi driver pulled up in front of the hotel only an hour ago and there was no place for him to park and let us out, that I had made a mistake of huge proportions. I booked this hotel for the night before a dream cruise--what a disappointing way to begin. I don't make mistakes very often, and I usually check Tripadvisor before I book anything, but I was given a tip that this was a great hotel. (It probably would be if you plan to stay in the boutique bar which is just rockin'). But it's the complete lack of service that triggered my concern and desire to warn others who use Tripadvisor to choose and book hotels, to NOT take a chance on this hotel. The front desk has 2 easy-going, unprofessional people signing you in. No one offered to help us with our luggage even though there was obviously a person who was hired to do such a thing. We had 4 bags which we struggled into the elevator and up to our room ourselves. This isn't the smallest room I have ever stayed in, but it's close. There is no coffee maker in the room, no hair dryer. The windows are very small and elevated from the floor so you have to stand up to see the lovely view of Port Miami--we paid extra to have a port view that is barely visible if you're sitting down. There is a tacky and very cheap photo art on one wall, nothing on the others. There is no room service. But that's this hotel. No service period. However, they will definitely take well over $200 from you for a night. This was a mistake, and because we don't know where else to go tonight we're staying here until our ship leaves tomorrow. I hope no one else wastes their money by booking here.

Room Tip: The rooms have very thin walls.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
rfestinger, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear nancybteach,

I very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience at YVE. We continuously strive for excellence and one of the largest mentions that we get in the context of our reviews is our front of the house service. We probably received more comments about bell staff than I have seen on Trip Advisor. I am also surprised to hear about the cab not being able to drop you off in front of the Hotel as both N 2nd and Biscayne are very accessible . Most cabs drop off right on Biscayne Blvd at the main entrance. In regards to room service we certainly offer that amenity, I would really like to find out what had brought about that perception. This is the information from our guests that is very valuable so we can enhance the experience.

I know you are relaxing and enjoying your cruise, perhaps upon your return we can communicate. Again I am apologize that you did not enjoy your stay, perhaps we can make your accommodation arrangements here at YVE in the future so we can show you the true YVE service in the heart of Miami.

Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The hotel Yve was less expensive than anything else downtown and was very convenient to the Miami Heat arena. It was a good place, rooms were small but neat but the bathroom was smaller than a cruise ship bathroom. Had some loud people in the hallway between one and 2 AM. Breakfast buffet was fun but a little pricey even with the discount. But that's big city.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Mark L,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the recognition in regards to our good value, location and our restaurant Biscayne Tavern.
We look forward to hosting you again in the very near future.

Seneca, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the YVE the night before our cruise. Stephen too care of our luggage until we could check in while we walked across the street to visit Biscayne Marina. JC at the front desk made sure our stay was perfect. Our room was clean, roomy and the views were amazing at night. The bathroom is small, but perfect for its function. CVS is nearby. Great place.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
rfestinger, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear suzyf29,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the trip advisor community.
It is a privilege to get such a great review from a world traveler such as your self.
We greatly appreciate the review and your patronage. We look forward to having you back in the very near future.

Robert

Been to YVE Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!