“Not so spacious ...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of YVE Hotel Miami

You added YVE Hotel Miami to your Saves list
YVE Hotel Miami
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   146 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132 (Formerly b2 miami downtown) (Downtown)   |
Ranked #44 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“Not so spacious ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

B2 Hotel in downtown Miami recently changed its name to Yve. In fact, it was exactly on my arrival date on December 6, 2014. The hotel façade looks extremely nice. It seemed to have been recently painted and renovated. Some of the personnel were getting on the job training when I was ready to check in. However, it did not bother me at all since the person that took care of me was really helpful and very accommodating with my early check in.

The lobby is not really spacious as other hotels in the area, but it was nice, clean and cozy. Space seems to be a problem with this hotel though. Starting with the elevators; there are only two of them, and it only fits a few people. I might be mistaken, but there seems to be no service elevator at all. It was a bit annoying having to wait until the hotel personnel was done using it. Some guests decided to go up the steps to their respective floors.

Although the room was nice, the theme with the reduced space continued. My room looked more like a closet than anything else. The bathroom was extremely tiny, and the view from the room was nonexistent. The walls are very thin. I could hear what was going on the room next door to mine.

The hotel is located in the heart of the vibrant section of downtown Miami. It is within walking distance to Bayside, the metro mover and the American Airlines Arena. There are plenty of parking spaces around the hotel at very affordable prices. In addition to having a Walgreens next door, there is a plethora of places to eat.

Also, the hotel offers free Wi-Fi which is also a plus. There are different ways of checking out as well. The pros and cons seem to balance out at the end.

For the price is not a bad option to consider.

Room Tip: Rooms are way too tiny, My view was horrible. I have not tip to offer
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Arabic first
Longmont, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Stan checked us in and he was very friendly and helpful. Made us feel welcome. He even acknowledge our kids. Most people ignore them. Anytime I had a question I waited for Stan and he always helped with a smile.

We received a Bay View jr. Suite due to an earlier miscommunication when I was making our reservation. They offered the upgrade as compensation along with breakfast vouchers. Breakfast in the Tavern was good. At night, pricing is a bit high for what you get. Sides are extra nd they automatically add 18% gratuities. The deep dried oreos are great! Valet parking overnight is $28.

I was able to hear basic talking through our connecting door and sadly my neighbor the first night liked to party with loud music and had lots of company so the door slammed many times.

Yes, the elevator is very small. At night, we had problems with folks right outside the hotel.

Good location for the cruise ports and bayside market.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This is a good place to stay for a while!!! Amazing window view and amazing everything!!! Elevators are very slow but there is a lot of people so!!!! :)I like this place! Very modern and high tech (not too much) worth the money by a lot!!! Good food as well!!

Stayed December 2014
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked two meeting rooms for a 5-day workshop and the place couldn't have been better. The two rooms were put together as one large meeting room and it proved to be a very comfortable setting for everyone, with two large TV's for viewing presentations. The teachers had already stayed at the hotel before and were very happy to stay there again. It was a pleasure to work with Vivianne, the Catering Manager, who made everything so easy and had everything ready for all participants. The hotel has an excellent downtown location, steps away from restaurants, Bayside, the American Airlines arena and the new Perez Museum, and it's easy to take a bus or taxi from there. It also has a great Bistro that is open until 11:00 pm. Great place, great location and great for meetings too.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel stay for about a week, a week ago! :) Glad we chose to stay at YVE because location and cleanliness are everything for me while on vacation. Situated in Downtown Miami across from Bayside, a must-see while staying there. Also available, Big Bus Tours, Shuttles to outlet malls and ports.
The entire staff is super friendly, from the person that greets you at front desk to the housekeeping team, all made us feel welcome. Would definitely recommend to friends.
p.s. a 24-hour cafeteria and CVS across the street helped me out a lot.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Queensland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We had booked a suite with bayview a couple of months ago, still called B2 then, and we called the day before to let them know that we would arrive late. When we arrived we were given a small room with a view of a building! We went down to complain and we were given another room with a bit of a view and we received breakfast vouchers as compensation. We were too tire to go down again so we stayed. The room had the smallest bathroom we had ever seen!! The next day we were given a suite after 11 o'clock. Finally! The room was beautiful, fantastic view, comfortable bed etc, but we could hear the people talk in the connecting room. They let us stay in the room till 1 o'clock the day we checked out! The staff is very friendly and helpful! Only 2 elevators in the hotel!!
Close to raise terminal and the shuttlebus was only $6 per person. Taxi from airport was about $25-$30. The hop on hop off bus is close to the hotel and so is a seven-11.

Stayed November 2014
Morristown, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here on a business trip as I was meeting with cruiselines in the area, its about 7 blocks from the port of miami so if you are sailing its a good location and the prices are excellent. It is minutes from Bayside which is great however I wouldn't recommend walking far from the hotel as the area is a little rough if you go walk two blocks in either direction.
The restaurant/lounge on premises is very handy if a little expensive - one thing to please note is the include the tip on everything and don't tell you - I didn't notice it and double tipped on dinner and lunch before I realized it. There is a cvs on one side and a 711 on the other - very handy.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Been to YVE Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!