“Bad Business” 1 of 5 stars
Review of b2 miami downtown

Save Saved
You added b2 miami downtown to your Saves list
b2 miami downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   146 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132 (Formerly Continental Downtown Bayside Port of Miami) (Downtown)   |
Ranked #43 of 129 hotels in Miami
Montreal, Canada
“Bad Business”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed 12 days at the hotel. I had requested from day 3 of my trip to get a better rate on parking as 25$ a day for 12 days was outrageous.

I was given the runaround from Stanley the front desk supervisor for the whole week informing me that he was not able to get in touch with the owner of the third party parking site. I repeatedly visited the front desk for status but it looked like I was brushed off from the supervisor. On top of that when I checked out I asked the front desk of any news and the inexperienced clerk told me as a guest that I have to go see the parking lot owner to ask for pricing? Are you stupid? You never ask a guest to do no such thing, it is your responsibility to do so, I am on vacation, you're the one on the payroll.

Awful Service request on behalf of Stanley. Didn't even do anything for us.

Bad Business on behalf of charging me parking during check out for 26$ a day when it clearly states on my confirmation email that it's 25$ a day - BEWARE OF THIS SCAM.

Horrific Housekeeping: Spend less chatting with the other housekeeper employees and less time texting on your phone and focus more on actually adding new towels and toilet paper per day. 8 times out of the 12 days, she failed to add new towels and toilet paper.....UNHEARD OF.

Good experience: Freddy at front desk, very pleasant, he should be supervisor.

Recommend this hotel? Never, I am often in Miami at least every 2 months, you lost my business, unless my visa is credited as good gesture for your lack of service... I will continue to spread the negative word out. It's a small world believe me....

Tina

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

588 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Arabic first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

B2 was a great hotel the room was quite large and had a lovely view over the bay.
It was close to the Bayside shopping strip where there were many shops both upmarket and souvenier as well lots of food outlets.
We chose this hotel as we were joining a Panama cruise and it was close to the port.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Norfolk Island, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The wife and I thought we were quite lucky to have stayed in this hotel simply because we found it to be a rewarding experience. We stayed in a King size City view room for 5 nights.

Check-in and out was swift and a complimentary drink from the bar was a nice touch. We felt welcomed right away; the staff were very helpful and friendly.

The rooms were small in size but comfortable, spotless and the bed was cosy. The gym is very small but it and the massage services got a workout and so did the bar - the amenities were above average.

We ate out every night so we didn't try the bistro on the ground floor (Biscayne Tavern), but we had some evening drinks there a few times and it was good also.

The only negative was no fridge in the room & the cost of the valet parking, but it is what it is and that said they were prompt in returning your car.

The location was great in downtown not too far from anything. We had wheels so that helped of course, but there are plenty of convenience stores for refreshments and restaurants in the surrounding vacinity. Of course being within a few minutes walking distance of the Heat's American Airlines Arena was a real positive when we went to catch a game of the NBA playoffs.

We would be more than happy to stay here again on our next trip to Miami

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sig V, General Manager at b2 miami downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Good evening EnJay:

And thank you for taking the time to review us here and for such a great review. For future stays, please know that we have some room with mini fridge. Be sure to look for our B Enhance room category for that.

Glad you enjoyed your time with us and I will take you up on your offer to return to b2. Please stop by and say hello.

B well!

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the b2 in July with a friend. Our experience was fairly pleasant. Staff are friendly, however not always willing to help. For example, the phone in our room was not working. I went and asked if i could use their phone, only to be told to go and purchase a phone card and find another phone. After several complaints about our phone not working, engineers (who spoke no english) came to fix it with no avail.

The room was clean and the beds were neatly and very tightly made. It was quite dark as the window was in the corner and was rather small.

I noticed you could not get wifi in the lobby and when i did, it kept cutting out.

I also noticed an unpleasant smell in the lobby. The hotel may need to have their drains/sewers cleared.

There is also a large number of homeless people/ beggers around the hotel. They don't create any issues, it's just annoying being asked ' you got any spare change?' countless times a day.

Overall, a nice stay, pleasant staff and a lovely clean and modern room (just a bit dark).

• Stayed July 2014
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My experience began much better then it ended. We went into the hotel and were greeted by Stanley, who we were surprised spoke very fluently in french. We explained to him we had a problem with a previous booking that evening and we were looking to get settled quickly as it was late. He was very friendly and seemed eager to help us get everything sorted out. We had a corporate deal through my boyfriends work and he told us that we should book it online. He explained to us that we may need to wait so we left and got food and came back about 40 mins later. Maria started helping us but couldn't find our booking so we asked to speak with Stanley again, as he knew the situation. They still hadn't received our booking. At this point we had a long day of travel and asked him to use the phone to contact the company we booked through however he told us he had no phone for us to call. He didn't offer to call the company for us, or help in any way to figure out the problem. We ended up leaving the hotel due to the lack of assistance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Good evening Samantha:

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. Though I was surprised to hear that you were not happy with our service, I still appreciate knowing about it. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your booking as it is certainly not the experience we want you to have.

I hope you will give b2 an opportunity to redeem itself. As many of our guests have commented here, I know we can make your next stay an amazing one.

Until then,

Dade City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My girlfriend and I stayed here 3 nights after being in the keys for 6 nights to end our vacation. Upon arriving we were greeted and told that our room would be ready soon. While we waited a nice man named Frederic spoke with us and asked if we needed anything and was very curious to us throughout our entire stay. We were in Miami to eat some great Cuban food and watch some baseball. The trip to the baseball park was short and easy despite the Miami traffic. The cost to park your car each day is a little expensive but the valets were extremely nice and very timely with the arrival of our car. We loved the king sized bed as it was very comfortable to sleep in! We would return here for another stay when in Miami!!

Room Tip: Choose the bay side with a king sized bed!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Sig V, General Manager at b2 miami downtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Good afternoon Clay:

And thank you very much for an excellent review. I passed on your comments to Freddy and can tell you that you made his day.

I'm glad you also enjoyed the location. We are definitely in one of Miami's best spots and hope you will visit again soon.

Until then, B well!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This re-builded hotel is well located just in front of the bay, and it is very convenient to move in downtown Miami. The rooms looks like the european hotels ones,.. small,...but the location is superb, and from the Windows you can see the ocean. The staff (even if the hotel is crowded everytime), is helpful and friendly. The cafetería donwstairs is the best option early in the morning, and again the staff is looking to help you with every detail. I'd been here with my wife and adult daughter for 3 nights, and enjoyed every single moment.
Nice and warm place, now on my radar. I strongly recommend the B2 hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Good morning Jorge M:

Thank you very much for your review and kind comments about our service team. Indeed our property is very popular and at times can get busy in the public areas. As you experienced for yourself, we have implemented measures to ensure that even in these busy periods, the guests continue to receive the level of service they expect from a first quality hotel.

I hope we can see you back soon. Miami is where you should b2!

Sig Varela

Been to b2 miami downtown? Share your experiences!