“Girls night out” 3 of 5 stars
Review of b2 miami downtown

Save Saved
You added b2 miami downtown to your Saves list
b2 miami downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   146 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132 (Formerly Continental Downtown Bayside Port of Miami) (Downtown)   |
Ranked #44 of 130 hotels in Miami
Allen, Texas
“Girls night out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was my first time visiting Miami...I was actually a little disappointed with this hotel. When we first arrived from the airport, there were literally 100 people in the lobby, all waiting on rooms. Grant it - we arrived about an hour earlier than our expected time, but we had to wait for nearly 3 hours just to get the key.
We sat in the restaurant in the lobby - service was "okay". Being from Texas, I think the food in Miami in general is an acquired taste. It wasn't nasty, just not what I'm used to and a little pricey (as expected)
The room was very contemporary which I adored (thumbs up)
The elevators were slow (thumbs down)
The bed was uncomfortable (thumbs down)
Couldn't open the window (thumbs down)
A little bit of a hike to get to local hole in the wall spots.

Overall it wasn't the worst hotel I've ever visited, but I think some things could be improved. Maybe it's my "frugality" kicking in making me unimpressed by what's offered vs what was paid. eh...i'd recommend it because it was clean, and downtown Miami!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

560 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Arabic first
Harbour Breton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Let me start this review by stating that I would stay here again if I were to return to Miami. This hotel is perfectly located near Bayside Marketplace with avialable/variety of land/water based tours. There are a number of stores, cafes, etc here as well.
In the general area there are drugstores, Marshalls, Ross as well as a number of cafes and eateries (Pollo Tropicale, Macdonalds, 7-11)
Hotel staff are awesome ,friendly and ready to assist, The hotel is a great place to stay with a small fitness room, and tavern in the same building.
The washrooms are seriously small but doable for a short term stay. Elevators are small and also slow depending on the human traffic. The wait is not terribly long but annoying if one is in a hurry.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Hotel was nice and new. Bathroom could have been bigger. Blankets needed in rooms. Pool would have been nice or neighboring pool use. Ray the valet was super. Sally was great. View was breathe taking. Bayside was across the street and had nice shops. Pizza Rustica nearby was off the chain!!!!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My stay here at the b2 in downtown Miami was nothing less than spectacular thanks to Jose and Stanley who displayed tremendous customer service. I stayed here with my girlfriend, and the room that I booked here was not quite what I wanted for such a special occasion, but thanks to Jose at the front desk I was given a complimentary upgrade based on availability. The view of Miami Bayside in my transferred room was breathtaking! I cannot truly express how thankful I am for staying here at the B2. Thank you very much to the b2 team, including both Jose AND Stanley who were very professional, courteous, and sympathetic to their guests. For such an amazing price, I cannot recommend a better hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room with Oceanside view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed at the hotel on From May 24th to May 27th with friends. Was so busy to write a review but finally got the time. The location was awesome. The Best of the Best concert was right across the street on Bayfront Park and the American Airlines Arena literally a stone throw away. The check in was fine and sometimes you waited for 15-20 minutes on valet. It wasn't bad though, as we had good conversations with Jessie. He is very friendly. The lobby can be pretty busy but it is very secure as you have to swipe the room key card in the elevator to go to your floor.

Room service was good from the Biscayne Tavern restaurant, you can order right from your TV and only took about 25 mins. The bed is huge and comfortable and I enjoyed the view. Room was very clean. Only negative thing I can say is the bathroom is very very small and the door has a little gap to the bottom so you can hear activity in the hallway. There are ice machines on the floors. All in all I would return for a longer stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Sig V, General Manager at b2 miami downtown, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Good morning EricaK88:

Thank you very much for your amazing review. And even though it's been a while since your stay, better late than never as they say. It pleases us to hear that you found b2 miami to have all the components for such a great stay: service, cleanliness, amenities, all in a great location.

I do hope we can welcome you back soon, and for a longer stay as you said. It will B our pleasure to pamper you once again. Until then,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed there from a Wednesday to Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed myself. The rooms were clean, cool and updated. Make sure to bring money for valet as there is limited parking available near the hotel. Also there is only one elevator so if you plan on leaving during peak times, plan for a delay waiting for the elevator.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Sig V, General Manager at b2 miami downtown, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Good afternoon John, and thank you for taking the time to review us here. I'm glad to see your comments regarding our cleanliness. Our housekeeping team is truly one of the best in this city.

I am glad to report that we quickly resolved the issues with our second elevator, and they are both functioning normally. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while we repaired one of them.

Please accept my invitation to return, and when you do, please stop by my office so I can personally welcome you back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was recommended to us by a friend and it lived up to everything she told us about it!! When we first arrived the receptionists were really friendly and were interested in our travels! He then upgraded our room to a room with an amazing view of The port of Miami! Steve in reception was so helpful! He sold us discounted tickets for the tour bus and gave great recommends for places to eat and where to go at night! He also recommended stops on the tour bus worth seeing!! The location of the hotel was also excellent!! We would stay here again anytime we return to Miami in the future!!

Stayed July 2014
Good afternoon Mary M:

I am glad to hear your experience while at b2 miami was everything you expected it to be, and then some. I have shared your comments with the front office team, and Steven specifically is very thankful you mentioned him.

I trust b2 will be your choice the next time your travels bring you through Miami. Until then,

Sig Varela

Been to b2 miami downtown? Share your experiences!