“Great Location, Great Experience!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of YVE Hotel Miami

You added YVE Hotel Miami to your Saves list
YVE Hotel Miami
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   146 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132 (Formerly b2 miami downtown) (Downtown)   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #38 of 113 Hotels in Miami
George Town, Grand Cayman
“Great Location, Great Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hotels' location is the #1 greatest thing. it is across from shops, restaurants, bars, and a CVS to name a few..The decor in the hotel is sleek, modern and clean which made our stay very comfortable. Our room was also very clean and nicely decorated (looked exactly like the pictures on the website- as opposed to other hotels who have outdated pics and trick people). The room included flat screen television, safe, fridge, excellent views of the port and lovely bedding. Only downside is the elevator is small so the wait time can be lengthy. Other than that..i enjoyed my stay, i will definitely be back!...well worth my money and time!! oh! and thanks to Stanley for making our trip even better :)

Room Tip: Choose Junior suite with Bay View...the view in the morning is breathtaking
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Good morning Rori:

Thank you very much for a great review of b2 miami downtown. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and made the most out of your trip to Miami. You gave an awesome description of the property and I will hold you to your promise to B back. Please make that sooner rather than later.

Sig Varela

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nice hotel, the desk clerk manager Stanley really went the extra mile to put me in a good room with a view. Hing out the next day in the restaurant working, good food, good service. The hotel is super convienent, round the block is a Miami institution 24 hr cuban coffee and food on the corner. 7-11 and a Walgreens, means everything is there, even a liquor store and pub on the street behind. Mostly the place is more like a good small hotel, but super cool and modern and 17 floors, so its not that small. Thanks Stanley for helping me out at the last moment.

Room Tip: high floors bay view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Good morning Ariel1900:

Thank you for a great review. You hit the nail in the head when you described us. Our modern and chic feel is one of the things that attracts most of our travellers as they are looking for the Miami experience at a good value.

I'll share your comments with Stanley. I'm sure you he will be excited to hear from you.

I hope to welcome you back soon. Until then,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

b2 is NOT honoring the Stay for your birthday for $1. We need to stay at this hotel for a Thursday and a Monday, my husbands actual birthday. I have called and received the run around from reservations and in house. I was told that the GM (Sig) was not on site by a gentleman at the front desk. It's awfully funny that when I blew a gasket, I was immediately transferred to speak to Sig. The promotional print reads:

Everyone should B celebrated on their birthday- and you should b2! Stay on your birthday for only $1. Upon booking a minimum two-night stay at b2 miami downtown, our special “B-Day” guests will receive their second night for just $1.

I have requested that the print be changed on the website to say you must stay 2 "consecutive nights" to receive the promotion. If the print on the website is not changed in a timely manner, myself, and the other 5 rooms that my friends and I have booked will be cancelled and we will stay somewhere else. It is disheartening to know that I was lied to by the front desk staff and that the GM was not trying to be accommodating.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Good morning ETP1415:

I reviewed your comments and will take the opportunity to respond. As we spoke last week when you called, our B-Day package is clearly described on our website and requires a minimum of 2 night stay. It is the exact copy of what you placed in your review which came from our website. The package can not be broken into 2 one night stays, charging you the rate for the first stay say today, and then $1 for another stay a week later. As I mentioned, and you copied on your review, the description of "a minimum of 2 night stay" clearly implies that the nights need to be consecutive.

Additionally, no one on our team lied to you as I was not on property when you first called. You were however able to speak with our reservations department, the front office, our Director of Rooms and Reservations, all who explained the B-Day package in the same fashion. Eventually after several calls, I had arrived at the property and quickly took your call.

regards

George Town, Grand Cayman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed at B2 for Memorial weekend. The Hotel is clean, chic and well maintained. Check-in was efficient and welcoming (thank you Caesar!) and Carlos the bellman was so helpful and friendly, we felt right at home from the moment we arrived. The location is fantastic, walking distance to Bayshore shops, American Airlines Arena, the Museum, Performing Arts center, restaurants and so much more. Anywhere you want to go, just ask Carlos and he will happily give you all the help and directions you need. Nothing was too much to ask and he was the same with other guests too. Parking is by valet and despite the busy weekend, it was efficient, friendly and professional. We asked for a late check-out past the normal 11am and the Hotel was very accommodating. Gave us till 4pm for a reasonable surcharge. Would definitely recommend B2 for price, location and quality of service and will stay there again on our next trip. Thank you B2. Thank you Carlos!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Wow Gina M:

"clean, chic and well maintained, with an efficient front desk team". Now that's what I call a great review. I'll be sure to share your comments with Cesar and Carlos. They truly display the full scope of customer service and are great representatives of b2 miami.

I hope we can welcome you back soon. Until then,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed only one night in a king city view room. The rooms are small so a view really is nice to have. The room was very clean with all of the amenities. I had the best sleep in the king. The bed is amazing. The staff were very helpful, friendly and very attentive. We arrived very early, and they were able to check us in, but not in the room that had been booked. We checked our luggage and walked around the area for a bit until it was ready. The Bayside Market is very close with lots of shops and restaurants. The hotel restaurant was quite busy for breakfast, and the buffet was nicely set up with a variety of items to choose from. We didn't eat only had the coffee. We left early for our cruise, but the location was perfect, they have a shuttle for $7.00 pp to the Port and the room was great. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. I read some of the negative reports and almost cancelled my reservation, I'm glad I didn't this was a good choice for us. Thanks B2 Miami for a pleasant experience.

• Stayed May 2014
Good morning M2Square:

And thank you very much for your great review. Your comments about our staff and their level of service are very much appreciated, as are the ones regarding cleanliness in our guestrooms. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and that you benefitted from our location, as many others have as well.

I hope to see you soon B-ack at b2 miami.

Cayman Islands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed here for one night before we boarded a cruise ship. We were allowed to check in early and the room was small but clean. The easy access to Bay Shore Shops and restaurants across the street and the cruise pier only minutes away make the location very good.

Not a big fan of going down to the restaurant for morning coffee but not that big of a problem.

Staff were friendly and quick with check in and out.

Would stay again.

Room Tip: We had a bay view room and that's what I would reserve again.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Good morning Caribwest: and thank you for reviewing us here. I am glad you found your stay to be so good you would return. That is a great testament to the level of service our team delivers and we are very appreciative of you for mentioning it.

B well and B back soon!

Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We did a lot of researching of the hotels in the area for our one night pre-cruise. The location and price played a big role in our choice. We decided not to go with a Bayside view as we would be on the boat the next day with plenty of views. We were delighted though, when we arrived they upgraded us to a room with a view on the 15th floor at no extra charge. I must admit. the view was awesome! It was so cool to watch all the ships docking in the morning. The room was lovely. Very clean and modern. And the beds were amazing. The bathroom was a laugh. Let's just say, my inside stateroom on the ship was bigger. However, for one night, we didn't care. The room amenities were nice, an iron and board, a hair dryer that worked well, and toiletries from Aveda (which were actually just okay). I recommend Bubba Gumps restaurant across the street for dinner. Great food and lots of fun.There was a CVS right next door to B2 and a 7 11 a couple of doors down with lots of items to pick up for our cruise. I even had my breakfast at 7 11. Then the frustrations began. We took a quick early morning walk before we had to leave, and it took 20 minutes to get the lift back up. We packed up and attempted to check out on the TV but the name and charge amount was wrong, so we had to go downstairs to do it. I've read reviews that the lifts were slow, and overlooked it. Here is the truth. I totally understand that everyone is trying to check out at the same time especially to get on board the ships. but this was really crazy. The 2 of us with our minimal baggage had to separate in order to fit on. I sent my friend down first to check us out. A half hour later I managed to squeeze on. In total, it took us an HOUR AND FIFTEEN MINUTES to get downstairs as they only have 2 small lifts. Just wanted folks to keep this in mind. If we had been trying to catch a flight, we would have been screwed.

Room Tip: Room 1508 had awesome view, quiet but extremely tiny washroom.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Good afternoon Dustyrose747:

Thank you for your review and your great comments about our guestrooms, the service and clealiness levels. As you point out, location for b2 is second to none and it comes in handy to travellers that want to have many options within walking distance.

I appreciate your candid feedback concerning the elevators. Indeed the weekend you were with us, there were an additional two ships sailing out of the Port of Miami and b2 saw record number of guests staying the night before which definitely impacted their speed.

Nonetheless, I am glad the remainder of your stay was rated so high. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Sig Varela

Been to YVE Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!