“Great Pre- Cruise Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of b2 miami downtown

Save Saved
You added b2 miami downtown to your Saves list
b2 miami downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   146 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132 (Formerly Continental Downtown Bayside Port of Miami) (Downtown)   |
Ranked #44 of 130 hotels in Miami
Ontario
“Great Pre- Cruise Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed here the night before our cruise. Had a great 7th floor room with view of the Port. It was pretty exciting to wake up and see our ship out there waiting for us. The staff was excellent.
There is a CVS right acrosss the street for your last minute needs.

We booked via priceline. Wouldn't have wanted to spend full price.
Rooms are small but sufficient. Elevators are slow and Saturday mornings are impossible with everyone leaving. We walked our bags down 7 flights.

To summarize:
The location was perfect, the room was very clean, the staff great, The elevators slow.

Room Tip: Hotel elevators are Packed Saturday mornings. Plan your time accordingly.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sig V, General Manager at b2 miami downtown, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Good morning am1belle:

And thank you so much for your review and your kind words about our staff, and location. b2 miami is definitely benefitted by a great location, and the team is also one of the best in the city.

I am glad you enjoyed your view. Hopefully we'll be able to see you again in Miami, where you should b2!

549 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Arabic first
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Pre cruise stay, room was very nice just small, king size bed was good. Stayed there because Cruise terminal 5-10 minutes away by taxi.

We went down for breakfast in the Hotel's restaurant and was pleasantly surprised by the buffet, pricey but lots of fruit and veggies to go along with the usually bacon and eggs.

Good morning gumby_666666

And thank you for your review and compliments about the quality of our rooms and our service. I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast buffet at our signature restaurant, the Biscayne Tavern. Being an international hot spot has resulted in the enhancement of our food and beverage offerings to ensure a wide range of palates is satisfied. It's great to hear from guests that this is of benefit to them.

I hope next time you come through Miami b2 will again B your place of choice. Until then, B well!

Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I booked this hotel based on the positive reviews and the pictures which made it seem like a boutique hotel. We were shocked at the state of the hotel and room. We were in room 401. The 4th floor smelt extremely musty, the walls are dirty, stained and scuffed up, and the carpet was torn up. The room was exceptionally small and the bathroom was the smallest bathroom I've seen in a hotel. The doors in the floor slam frequently and the noise level is loud/no noise proofing.

The white walls in the room were also scuffed and had black marks on it. The trim and parts of the wall had chunks of wood broken off. We turned down the bed and found a small bug on the sheets which I felt was a dead spider but nevertheless that affects your sleep and ability to relax. The following morning we tried to shower but when my bf turned the tap on the handle broke off so we couldn't shower.

I wouldn't stay here again and I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. Especially when they charge $299 a night.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sig V, General Manager at b2 miami downtown, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Good morning Scorpio1983

I read your review and want to thank you for such honest and open feedback. I have put room 401 temporarily out of service to perform maintenance and bring it back to mint condition. I appreciate the fact you stayed with us and would hope you allow b2 miami an opportunity to change your opinion of the property.

If you so choose to, please contact me directly at the hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed here the night before our cruise. Arrived VERY late (midnight) to a very gracious staff who had mercifully held the last room in house for us. The room was far from luxurious, but the bed was great and loved the Aveda products. Street noise was a problem. Breakfast buffet the next morning was good. Luggage storage was efficient and friendly, allowing for a fun morning of shopping at Bayside which is right across the street. Once ready, our ship was a quick 5 minute shuttle away. This will be my pre-cruise go to from now on, no question!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sig V, General Manager at b2 miami downtown, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Good morning RTRupp, and thank you very much for a great review of b2 miami downtown.

Indeed our location and facilities make of b2 the perfect pre-cruise place. I am glad our front desk team took great care of you. Travelling these days sometimes is not what we would hope for and it's great when the hotel team can foresee those challenges and make arrangements to take extra care of incoming guests.

I hope you cruise often, as we would like to see you B-ack soon!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Even before arriving, the constant communication that I was able to maintain with Madelyn Caban and Rosa Albert was wonderful! They were so helpful and so willing to help me with what I needed. Then upon arriving, Stanley was wonderful! He gave us our room and even gave us dinner suggestions and told us what was nearby, etc. They remembered it our was our anniversary - and so he asked us how many years we were celebrating. It was the personal touch we were looking for in the place we stayed. Everything was wonderful!

We live in Miami - so for us it was the perfect getaway. The value for the price we payed was right-on-the-money. The fact that everyone was so attentive and so personable made the experience wonderful.

Even though our room was a little smaller than we're used to - it was perfect for what we needed. The view was spectacular and our bed was divine!

Room Tip: Corner room with a view to the bay and AAA.
Good morning Jess P:

And thank you very much for your review. From the very beginning I can see you were in the hands of two our very best. Rosa and Madeleine definitely reflect the highest level of service and it's great to count on both of them to take care of you on such a special ocassion.

I hope the next time you visit, I have the opportunity to meet you. It will be great to welcome you B-ack!

Vine Grove, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We stayed two nights just before a cruise. It's good for that. The desk staff was great and did their best to be helpful. Two small, slow elevators, so don't get into a hurry. It is right across from Bayfront Park, so a wonderful location. Plenty of nearby eating places. Rooms are just good enough. The a/c is loud. Very loud. Fortunately I read reviews and came prepared with Mack's silicone ear plugs. Had I not used ear plugs, it would have been a miserable two nights for me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sig V, General Manager at b2 miami downtown, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Good morning Albert. Thank you for your review and your ratings for service, cleanliness, value and location. All great attributes of b2 miami downtown.

I've noted your comment about the air conditioner and have identified the room you stayed in. Thank you for pointing it out so we could address it.

I hope you have an opportunity to return to b2 soon.

B well!

Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I will start off by saying, to be fair to this property, that if you are just staying 1 night, so to catch a cruise ship the next day, this place is fine and will do the job. In fact it is probably the closest hotel to the cruise terminals.

That being said, for anything more than 1-night I cannot recommend B2 Miami. First, the room layout is very disappointing. The is not a single drawer or place to put your clothes. I ended up putting my clean underwear/t-shirts/socks, etc on the window sill for lack of a better place. The bathroom is tiny ; there is +- 12 inches between the toilet & sink just to give you an idea. Virtually no place to put your toiletries near the sink area. The air conditioning is very loud. It did not prevent me from sleeping, but a colleague of mine who was also staying at B2 compared it to a diesel truck.

The WiFi is free, but the speed made it unusable quite a few evenings. One of my biggest pet peeves was the elevators. There are only two and I found myself constantly waiting many minutes for one to show up. Like I said, for 1-day this would be fine, but it all gets on your nerves on a longer stay.

On the plus side, the location is very good and the view from the room was lovely. Also, no complaints on cleanliness.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Sig V, General Manager at b2 miami downtown, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Good morning Roombaguy:

And thank you very much for your feedback with regards to our service and clealiness. I will make sure the team hears about them.

Please know that we have other room types which are suitable for a longer length of stay. These rooms do come with a more ample closet and the bathroom has a spacious glass door shower with full size vanity for toiletries and more.

The next time you visit Miami, please enquire about our chic bay view or b enhanced room categories. I am sure you will not be dissapointed.

I hope to see you B-ack soon!

Sig Varela

Been to b2 miami downtown? Share your experiences!