“Good Enough” 3 of 5 stars
Review of YVE Hotel Miami

You added YVE Hotel Miami to your Saves list
YVE Hotel Miami
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   146 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132 (Formerly b2 miami downtown) (Downtown)   |
Ranked #44 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Vine Grove, Kentucky
“Good Enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We stayed two nights just before a cruise. It's good for that. The desk staff was great and did their best to be helpful. Two small, slow elevators, so don't get into a hurry. It is right across from Bayfront Park, so a wonderful location. Plenty of nearby eating places. Rooms are just good enough. The a/c is loud. Very loud. Fortunately I read reviews and came prepared with Mack's silicone ear plugs. Had I not used ear plugs, it would have been a miserable two nights for me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Good morning Albert. Thank you for your review and your ratings for service, cleanliness, value and location. All great attributes of b2 miami downtown.

I've noted your comment about the air conditioner and have identified the room you stayed in. Thank you for pointing it out so we could address it.

I hope you have an opportunity to return to b2 soon.

B well!

Sig Varela

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Arabic first
Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I will start off by saying, to be fair to this property, that if you are just staying 1 night, so to catch a cruise ship the next day, this place is fine and will do the job. In fact it is probably the closest hotel to the cruise terminals.

That being said, for anything more than 1-night I cannot recommend B2 Miami. First, the room layout is very disappointing. The is not a single drawer or place to put your clothes. I ended up putting my clean underwear/t-shirts/socks, etc on the window sill for lack of a better place. The bathroom is tiny ; there is +- 12 inches between the toilet & sink just to give you an idea. Virtually no place to put your toiletries near the sink area. The air conditioning is very loud. It did not prevent me from sleeping, but a colleague of mine who was also staying at B2 compared it to a diesel truck.

The WiFi is free, but the speed made it unusable quite a few evenings. One of my biggest pet peeves was the elevators. There are only two and I found myself constantly waiting many minutes for one to show up. Like I said, for 1-day this would be fine, but it all gets on your nerves on a longer stay.

On the plus side, the location is very good and the view from the room was lovely. Also, no complaints on cleanliness.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Good morning Roombaguy:

And thank you very much for your feedback with regards to our service and clealiness. I will make sure the team hears about them.

Please know that we have other room types which are suitable for a longer length of stay. These rooms do come with a more ample closet and the bathroom has a spacious glass door shower with full size vanity for toiletries and more.

The next time you visit Miami, please enquire about our chic bay view or b enhanced room categories. I am sure you will not be dissapointed.

I hope to see you B-ack soon!

Columbia, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Our room had a great view and wonderful amenities. The only downside was that the room was very small and the bathroom was tiny. You had to maneuver around the toilet to get to the sink. The service was exceptional.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Good morning lyndie:

And thank you very much for your comments regarding the service you received at b2, and the view your room had. Our property is definitely all about service and location.

If you have a chance to return, please ask for the B Enhanced room category. They come with a spacious bathroom, glass encased shower, additional pull out sofa bed and mini fridge. I am sure you will enjoy it even more.

B well and B back soon!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Tiny room with view of a wall. A/C system that sounded like tornado. Toilet paper roll sitting on top of toilet tank (no holder). Barely working in room telephone. Broken lamp socket bedside. Positive note: reasonably clean room.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Good morning Mark H

I read your review and appreciate your feedback. I wil be sure to look into the air conditioning unit in your room to ensure it's serviced properly.

I hope b2 miami has another opportunity to impress you. As many other hotels, we have different rooms types, and I am sure that you would have been pleased in one of our "Stunning", "Captivating" or "B Enhanced" rooms. They are all more spacious, and have great views of Miami's skyline and the Biscayne Bay.

Thank you very much for your positive comments about our housekeeping services. I will be sure to pass them on to the team.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

After a long day of travel a friend and I arrived in Miami without a place to stay. The reception staff at b2 in downtown Miami, particularly Stanley and Byron, were very welcoming and helpful in booking a last minute room. Our "captivating double bay" had a beautiful view of the the blvd. as well as the port. The beds were very comfortable and provided an excellent nights sleep, the water was hot with plenty of pressure, the room was clean, and again the view was beautiful. All in all b2 left us with a welcomed and wonderful first impression of Miami.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Good morning Elizabeth:

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at b2 miami, and especially the "captivating bayview room" you had. You are correct, the view is simply captivating. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Stanley and Byron. They are two of our very best.

I hope I have the chance to meet you the next time you visit Miami, where you should b2!

Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was my first and only time staying at a B2. When I arrived, I had to circle the block five times before the valets (who were just standing around) moved a car to make room so that I could pull in. Then the girl at the front desk was surly and in a bad mood. When I finally got to my room, the "city view" consisted of a tiny window at the side of the room with a view of the building next door about 3 feet away. The air conditioner was so loud that I had trouble sleeping. The security stop on the inside of the door was not bolted to the wall properly. Only one of the three screws were in place and it could easily by removed with very little force. I will say that the linen was clean and the bed was comfortable. I also enjoyed my experience at the Biscayne Tavern downstairs. Those were the only two highlights of my experience though.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Good morning kmkelly3

Thank you for your review and candid comments about b2 miami. I take them very seriously and will be using them as additional training for our valet and front office teams. As in many other large cities, traffic can sometimes be complex. Especially in downtown, it sometimes slows down the valet team's ability to move vehicles quickly out of the ramp. But know that I have heard you and will try to find a solution to your concern.

I am glad you were happy with our accomodations as well as our signature restaurant the Biscayne Tavern. It's really a great place to try some of "comfort food's" classics, while enjoying one of the over 30 craft beer options we offer.

I do hope you come back and when you do, please let me know, as I wil personally see to it that your experience exceeds all your expectations.

Until then, B well!

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I chose this hotel because it sounded special. The location was great since we took it as a one night stay a day before taking a cruise ship vacation. But really, it looked nice but in reality it did not live up to the image, hence the title of ' expensive motel'.

The first problem was the elevators- only two and one not working, plus there was no bell service that night, we arrived about 10pm. When we arrived in the room and ready to relax, take a shower, etc., there were no towels- I mean none! So we had to call the front desk and two towels were delivered.

Then we decided to order room service and they have an online service via TV, quite exhausting at the end of the night, but we did it. It was an unfriendly online tool. After about 30 minutes we called to find out why a club sandwich and salad would take that long- and we were told that the restaurant never received our order- even though the online screen said confirmed . Can you believe that? Anyway, the employee there was kind, took our order by phone and promised to rush our order. She did, the food arrived in record time and was good after all that.
The next morning, when ready to check out, the elevators were so slow and busy, we had to walk down via stairway in order to check out by required time. Not a good hotel to visit. Sorry!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon Andrea D

Thank you your review and your comments about b2 miami downtown. I will be sure to look into your concern about your in room dining order and verify that our TV order system is working properly.

I can see from your comment that our bell service must have been assiting other guests when you arrived. Our bell team is on duty from 6:00am to 11:00pm and frankly is one of the strongest service assets in the hotel.

Though you did not find us to meet your expectations this time around, I hope b2 miami gets another opportunity to in the near future. Please feel free to let me know if you are returning and I will personally see to it that your stay is nothing but exceptional.

Sig Varela

Been to YVE Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!