“A Very Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of b2 miami downtown

Save Saved
You added b2 miami downtown to your Saves list
b2 miami downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   146 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132 (Formerly Continental Downtown Bayside Port of Miami) (Downtown)   |
Ranked #45 of 130 hotels in Miami
Morrisville, North Carolina
“A Very Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I spent 3 nights in this hotel. As I was celebrating my birthday on my check out day, they upgraded my room for the duration of the stay. Stanley made me and my family feel especially welcome at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sig V, General Manager at b2 miami downtown, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Barbara P:

I am glad you chose b2 miami downtown to spend your birthday. I can see our front office team took good care of you by upgrading you. I will make sure to pass your comments on to them, expecially Stanley as he is one of our superstars.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly next time you visit Miami, after all, it's where you should b2!

536 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Arabic first
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I spent 1 week in this hotel and i was satisfied with the services. Because of the longer stay they upgraded the booking and offered a really nice roon with ocean view!!! It was cleaning every day and the staff was helpful. However the valet parking was a bit expensive and needed to wait more than 30 mins till i get my car. It should be free for the hotel guests. The breakfast is good but the menu choice is not too big.
I recommend this hotel for everyone who wants to have a pleasant stay in Miami.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon edina_baranyi, and thank you for the opportunity to take care of you while in Miami. I am glad we were able to upgrade you to one of our b enhanced rooms so you could have a bit more space during your 1 week stay.

I will share your feedback with our houskeeping department as I am sure they want to be made aware of your satisfaction.

Know that our valet parking rates remain as some of the most competitive in the market, lower than some other neighborhood hotels which charge similar rates for self parking.

I hope to have opportunity to meet in person next time you are with us, please do look me up.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This hotel is convenient to downtown, the Bayside shopping center and the cruise ships. We paid way too much to stay there due to the Holiday period and when we booked. The rooms are quite small (we were on the 8th floor facing north). The Breakfast at the Biscayne tavern was overpriced and average at best (the coffee was downright lousy). The hotel staff was not particularly helpful. I'll look for a different hotel the next time I'm in downtown Miami.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon billschicago:

Thank you for your review, and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. If you return to Miami any time soon, please contact me directly. It would be an honor to get a second chance.

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I lived in B2 hotel in miami downtown during Chirstmas in 2013. It's in downtown and convenient to beach. It seems clean and cosy BUT it's my worst experience in a hotel.
1. It asked 30 bucks for valet parking overnight while there's a large parking lot nearby only for 15 bucks but the front desk didn't let us know.
2. Hot water ran out twice during daytime for two days. On 26th it rained cats and dogs outside and we got all wet in the rain. It sucks when we came back to hotel without hot water for shower.
3. The elevator broke down during daytime. We had to use the stairs to 7th floor thus missed our tour bus! Don't know how those people living on 20th floor made the stairs....
4. The signal of wiki is spotty... Don't expect smooth video watching online here.
5. The room service didn't give us enough shampoo and conditioner. We lived here for 3 nights but didn't get replacement.
6. We booked City View Room but the only scene we can see is the windows and walls facing our building.
7. I'm also disappointed that there's no swimming pool in hotel.
We are still waiting for hot water now...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon veraweiyang

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on our property. I appreciate all your feedback. I can see that you stayed with us during an unforeseeable incident we experienced which caused us to lose hot water over a period of a few hours. Once we were made aware of this issue, we immediately brought in a repair company which worked tirelessly for several hours to finally restore it. Obviously this still caused you some inconvenience and I am deeply sorry about it.

Also, know that our valet rates are very competitive compared with other downtown hotels, even those were self parking is available. Futher, we have replaced the access point next to the room where you stayed and now have better WiFi signal going to that section.

Again, thank you for your comments and B well!

Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Great location, great staff and a great price. I recommend this hotel if your are coming by yourself or with your couple for a great Miami Downtown experience. The rooms was neat and the room service flawless.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Good afternoon mauriciobravogonzale:

Thank you very much for a great review. It's great to hear your stay was fantastic. Now we just need to get you back in Miami so we can do it again.

B well, and do not hesitate to contact me directly when you return to Miami, where you should b2!

Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

This hotel had a lot of pros and cons but overall, it was a completely serviceable hotel for the one night I needed it before a cruise. I booked the hotel on a discount site and paid less than the hotel offered on their site and I was glad. The hotel only offers valet parking. There is a public parking garage right next to the hotel that is not being used and is not blocked off (even though the ramps are blocked, the entrance is not). And even though their address is technically on Biscayne Boulevard, you can only valet your car on 2nd street (or even drop or pick up someone). There is no where to park or stop on Biscayne. One we figured out the car situation, the check in process was easy and there was free wi-fi in the room. The room was fairly large and the bathroom uses Aveda products. The walls did need a coat of paint and there was a spot of mold in the bathtub but nothing that was serious. The beds were comfortable but there was only one small window in the room. The rooms have high ceilings, so it didn't have the closed-in feeling with just one window.
When check-out came, trying to get an elevator was a nightmare. There are only two elevators and this is a popular hotel for cruising passengers. I would allow plenty of time in the morning, especially if you are heading to the port. I was on the top floor but still had to wait almost 10 minutes for an elevator to even make its way up and then we stopped on every floor on the way down. We were full by the second stop, so it was definitely a pain-point for the hotel. The hotel did offer a shuttle to the port for $6 and it was nicer and faster than a taxi.
Overall, I would probably stay at this hotel again, simply for the convenience.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and a room overlooking the port/bay.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Good afternoon kjay88:

Thank you for your review and for your candid feedback. Indeed our hotel is very popular with cruising families, and you have given some great advise to future travellers. I am glad that your interactions with the team where all to your satisfaction and that your check in and out process were also smooth.

As it happens in many downtown Miami locations, parking in the area is very limited. Only a handful of hotels without in-house garage offer the ability to valet. We know this is an amenity many of our travellers seek so. However, since Biscayne Boulevard is a main road we are not able to accommodate the loading and drop off ramp there.

I'm glad to see that we met your expectations and look forward to exceeding them in your next visit. Until then,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Few words just to say , excellent, clean, cheap , staff always available and so supporting and kind, location fantastic. It was my first time in Miami and when I will come back in the future, I will stay at B2 downtown , 100%!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
DaMa_0529:

Thank you very much for your review. The title says it all. The team at b2 really enjoyed the opportunity to serve on you and we look forward to doing it again soon.

Sig Varela

Been to b2 miami downtown? Share your experiences!