“Basically, a good hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of YVE Hotel Miami

You added YVE Hotel Miami to your Saves list
YVE Hotel Miami
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   146 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132 (Formerly b2 miami downtown) (Downtown)   |
Ranked #43 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Chicago, Illinois
“Basically, a good hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Hard to really add up everything with this hotel. Many good things: front desk was good - I arrived 4 hours before check-in time, but they put me right into a room on the 17th floor. Big window overlooking the bay. Location was fantastic -- can walk almost anywhere! Bayside is across the street, the Port of Miami is a $6 ride away. The price was excellent. My room was spotless, the bedding wonderful. Nice closet w/ plenty of hangers. Hair dryer, iron and board provided.

?? things: bathroom tiny, really tiny. No outlet in the bath for the hair dryer. Had to hold the bathroom door open with one of my sandals in order to put on my make-up. No drawers anywhere in the room. I used the window ledge for my "drawer". As my belongings were, by necessity, out in plain view, I did not have the cleaning staff in for the two days I was there. That was my choice. My biggest negative was the air conditioning. Every time it came on, it sounded as if someone was slamming the door to my room. And it came on every 20 minutes or so all night long. I finally turned it off altogether and opened a window around 3 a.m.

OK - big question. Would I use this hotel again ? Yes, for one night - maybe two. Being a solo traveler, the room was okay, but not sure how it would work for 2 or more people. But for the price and the location, it is a real find!

Room Tip: I was on the 17th floor and the view was terrific overlooking the bay. Also, I did not have trouble...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Good morning fmh1229:

And thank you for your review of b2 miami downtown. I really appreciate your feedback, it is very important for the team to know the areas we can improve on. I can see you were in one of our "captivating" rooms, named precisely for the view they offer.

I'm also glad to see you would return to b2 when in Miami. It is after all, where you should b2! I hope to meet you in person next time, but until then,

B well!

Sig Varela

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Arabic first
Bonn, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Overall value for location and quality and comfort of the room was surprising as the hotels around are way more expensive, stayed in a corner room as a couple, sunny despite the small windows, bathroom a bit small but with a tub, will come again for sure

Room Tip: Pay a bit more for a corner room as the windows are small and having two makes the room sunny and th...
Good morning samitomo:

Thank you for completing a review and for your great feedback. I am glad you were positevely surprised with you stay here and trust b2 will be the hotel of your choice when you return to Miami.

B well!

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We were in Miami for a couple of days before traveling to Key West. Small room, but big enough for us. CVS across the street, 7-11 convenience store on the corner, Bayside mall nearby, and the funky shops on Flagler Ave just a short walk away.

Room Tip: Upper floors are better. Bay view is nice, but city view is OK
Dear trolleyguy2013:

Thank you very much for your review of b2 miami downtown. I really appreciate your feedback and I am glad you enjoyed yourself while being our guest. I trust we will be your pick next time your travels bring you through Miami, where you should b2!

New Bern, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

A Hotel in a port city without room to store your luggage??? We spent the first 2 hours with our luggage along with numerous other travelers on a sunday in the lobby waiting for luggage storage space to open up. 3.5 stars in a port city that can't check your luggage???? Who's rating this place???? Location is great, but Management is a disaster. Watch yourself with taxi to airport also. We requested taxi and were placed in an airport shuttle with 12 other guests and each charged the rate of a taxi trip to airport by driver when we arrived. Thanks valet!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Good morning Dave2727:

I appreciate your candid feedback with regards to our luggage storage. Though we normally have ample storage for our guests' luggage, occasionally there are days when the amount is simply more than most hotels our size can handle. And though many of our previous guests have commented on the advantages of being able to use our storage, I understand that this was not available to you on that day and presented an inconvenience.

With regards to the shuttles, they normally charge $30 for up to 4 passengers, per party. I have confirmed that they are not charging on a per person basis. This service is beneficial to guests that had several people in their party and with multiple pieces of luggage; but it does not increase the cost of the transportation since the normal taxi fair to the airport is also approximately $30.

Dave, if there is anything I can do for another opportunity to serve you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

The B2, located in a great spot across the street from Bayside, is a fun boutique hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and upgrade our accommodations to a corner room with fantastic views! The room was recently renovated and the decor was modern and sleek.

We had a fantastic experience except for leaving upon checkout. The 2 elevators are very small so with everyone checking out at 11 the wait for an elevator was extremely long. After 20 minutes we had to walk 12 flights to the lobby with our luggage.

Room Tip: Avoid the checkout rush!
Good morning Mkrami:

And thank you very much for your comments with regards to our location and facilities. The team at b2 Miami really enjoyed taking care of you, and hearing back from you that they exceeded your expectations. I am glad you enjoyed the upgrade to one of our Stunning rooms with panoramic views of both the city and the bay.

I am in the process of evaluating new procedures to alleviate the lifts during busy periods and ensure that process doesn't present any inconvenience to future guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Miami soon, where you should b2!

Luanda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Centrally placed for all things downtown, and easy to get transport to other places like Miami Beach, Coral Gables, and a Hertz place which is so close tothe freeway, and highway 1 going south. Got a top floor room with great view, even though was ínternal´when booked. Also they can provide a tablet for free internet use.
Only bad point was lifts are very slow.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Good morning Mike W:

I want to thank you for your review. Indeed we have a great location and many of our guests enjoy the accessibility to all Miami has to offer. I am also glad you were able to B in Touch by using one of complimentary loaner Ipads.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. We will B here waiting for you.

Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

The location is perfect for touring but the air conditioning was just too noisy. It kept me awake for the whole time. Do not stay in Room 1616. We told reception and they said they were going to send a technician, but it was not fixed. We told them twice. They also did not clean the room - they made the bed but did not vacuum the floor until we complained.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 1616 - air conditioning is noisy
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Good morning 330epping.

Thank you very much for your recent review. I have made a note to place 1616 out of order until the air conditioning unit has been fully serviced.

I very much appreciate the feedback you have offered, and want you to know I will be reviewing it with the team.

It would be an honor if when you pass by Miami you would give the property and the team an opportunity to hit it out of the park for you, as we have done for so many of our guests. You can contact me directly when you do.

Sig Varela

Been to YVE Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!