“OK” 2 of 5 stars
Review of YVE Hotel Miami

You added YVE Hotel Miami to your Saves list
YVE Hotel Miami
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   146 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132 (Formerly b2 miami downtown) (Downtown)   |
Ranked #44 of 129 Hotels in Miami
“OK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed at the B2 Downtown Miami during the Thanksgiving week. The location of the hotel was superb with stunning views.
The room was very, very small. Our landline phone was totally dead. We informed the front desk but nothing got resolved during our stay, therefore we had to go down to the front desk from the 10th Floor every time we needed something. The room was also lacking washcloths the first night but we got some after complaining to the front desk (by going downstairs due to no phone situation).
I read on the hotel room book that there's a vending machine on my floor. I looked for it and did not find it. I looked on another floor and did not find it either. I walked down to the front desk (no phone in room) and the lady told me that there's no vending machine on the entire hotel. I mentioned that the hotel book said so which she found very strange. I went up and down again to show her what I was talking about. She said she would talk to the manager about that.
We bought some water at the local pharmacy and used the glasses in our room the first night. These glasses were never replaced and were left exactly were we left them every night. The ice bucket with melted ice was never replaced either.
The breakfast buffet was good although a little short. I asked for a mimosa and my server had no idea what I was talking about. I got it at the end after he spoke to the bartender.
I do have to say that the one excellent thing we found was the wonderful service from a guy called Stanley (or Stan) at the front desk while we checked it. He was absolutely great!
Overall, I don't think we will be back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: The standard room is extremely tiny. Ask for an East view towards the ocean.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Good evening jamiesabina:

First of all thank you for your scores regarding our location, value, sleep quality and cleanliness. And for your compliments of our front office supervisor Stanly. He is one of our greatest assets at the desk and many guests enjoy his willingness to please at no expense.

Thanks to your comments, we replaced the batteries in your room's phone, and revisited standards for linen with our new housekeeping associates.

I am confident that with the adjustments we made you will truly think differently about our service. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you B-ack.

Sig Varela

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Arabic first
NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed at the b2 Miami before a family cruise, the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Lets start with the good. Our room was large, spacious, and obviously newly renovated. We had one small window, but it had a wonderful view of the port. The bathroom was large, and clean lined, with a great shower, and a large vanity which was very good for a family of 3.

Now the bad. Houskeeping staff will not replenish anything. We have 3 ppl sharing a 1 oz bottle of bath gel for 3 days. How long do you think that lasts?? They take wet linens (Bath Mat) the first morning, and never replace anything. The HVAC in the rom basically has 2 settings, frigid or heat

There are 2 elevators to service the entire hotel. there does not seem to be a service elevator, so the staff and their giant trolleys will share with you. The elevators are incredibly slow, and seemed to stop at every floor on the way to the lobby. By the end of the weekend, I decided that ppl must hit the button, wait and finally give up, and use the stairs. Unfortunately were were on floors 16 and 15 (multiple families). I did see other rooms that others in our group were in, and some were postage stamp sized with bathrooms akin to a cruise ship, so we definitely lucked out.

When we arrived in Miami after a 13 hr drive from North Carolina, we pulled up to the front of the hotel, but there was no where to park or unload our luggage. I call the front desk, and requested assistance, and was told there was a valet wiring to assist guests directly out side, but there was no one. Since we were backing up traffic on route 1, we decided to circle around the block. I described where I was to the desk staff, and told her I was at the corner of NE 2nd St, and should I turn here??? i was told emphatically not to turn onto 2nd St, only to end up driving around and around miami, until we ended up turning onto NE 2nd St, alongside the hotel, where the valet stand was located ??!!##??

Next issue is the from desk staff. They are incredibly disorganized, I travel a bit for work, so I had never quite seen anything like this before. There would be 2-3 ppl behind the desk, but only one person assisting guests. There was one gentleman i saw repeatedly at the desk all weekend. It seemed his only job was to stare into a computer, an occasionally look up to let us know some one would be with us shortly. Most of the time there were at least 5 or more ppl in line, and a times the line was all the way to the door, but there was never any attempt made to speed up, or have more than one person assisting, or checking in guests. I would have talked to them about the housekeeping or air issues mentioned above, but honestly did not want to deal with the lines.

Next let's talk about the valet service. They charge you $25 a day for valet parking, which is inline with the rest of the hotels in the area. I can't complain about the price. I can however complain about standing around for 30 - 45 minutes waiting for my car, when we had called ahead from our room, asking for the car to be available at such time….. We even attempted to tip $10 a pop just to try to get their attention, but no luck. Monday morning we had 3 cars which we needed at 10AM, to load up, and drive all 13 of us to the Port. my Father in Law had arranged early in the morning with the staff, that he wanted the 3 cars at 10AM. We stood, waiting for 45 minutes, no cars. Finally the head Valet walks over and says, 'your cars are next - I need you to load up quickly and leave' !!??!! Really?? after standing there, no cars. piles of luggage everywhere, and they have not even produced one car yet????

Seriously, there are better places in the area. Go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel!
Dear basisdiva:

I can see by your description you stayed in one of our chic bay double rooms. They are indeed very spacious, with a large bathroom and great views of the bay.

I am sorry you experienced some inconvenience with our housekeeping services. I have discussed your comments with our team to make sure we follow the specifications for handling linen according to our green .

We also made some adjustments to our valet staffing to ensure the car retrieval time is reduced down to less than 20 minutes. We implemented this new guideline approximately 2 days after your departure and so far it has been working very well.

I hope we have the opportunity to service you and your family once again. I am confident that with the changes we've made you will enjoy your stay to the fullest.

Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Decided to try this hotel out a day before cruising out, found it on groupon. After taking a shuttle from the airport from Fab2Go, ( which i highly recommend, efficient and on time), we came in early to the hotel in downtown Miami, as our flight came in at 10am. By the time we got there check out was busy, the lobby a little small, people checking out, but after waiting a 15 minutes ( under the circumstance and time of day, not too bad), check in was smooth, got our captivating king facing the ocean. Rooms are not huge but bed was super comfy, good night sleep, room was clean, the bathroom very small, but we made due. This hotel had free wifi, free coffee in restaurant with complimentary card they provided and EXCELLENT location, right across from bayside market, and CVS pharmacy 10 steps away for some snacks and beverages. They had a big beautiful window with this room which we sat in and soaked in the views. They also arranged for a shuttle to the port which was $6/ person, definitely worth the $, my only complaint was having only 2 elevators, during check out, had to wait forever and ended up dragging my luggage down the stairs. But overall enjoyed the hotel, would definitely stay here again if cruising from miami.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a "captivating" king room, after reading some reviews other rooms are s...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear travellingirl72:

I am glad you enjoyed everything b2 miami has to offer during your recent visit. Our property is in fact very new and brings to the area a new approach to chic hotel experience at an affordable price.

I am also happy you enjoyed the views from our captivating room. As you know, this room type faces Biscayne Bay and offers breath taking views of the bay, the port, AA Arena (home of the Miami Heat) and marina. From what I see we were able to accommodate your early check in which is always our objective.

I hope I'm able to meet you next time you visit Miami, after all, it's where you should b2..

Princeton NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Though the beds are truly comfy, and if you've lucky enough to get a room on a higher floor on the bay side, the views are very nice. The room, though, leaves MUCH to be desired, and one wonders what substance the room designer was on when he or she designed it. The room is TINY, and even worse, there are NO DRAWERS or shelves of any kind in the entire room! Not even portable luggage racks on which to perch your luggage. There's a small closet with a few (not enough) hangars. We are here on a 3-day stay to visit family on Thanksgiving, and we had to stack up our underwear, socks, shirts, etc., on the window ledge. Ridiculous!!!

The bathroom is barely a cramped powder room, with a tub, tiny pedestal sink, and Toto toilet so small a person of bigger than average sized can easily touch the sink when sitting on the toilet. Two people cannot possibly squeeze into the "bathroom" and it's barely enough for one average sized woman. On top of that, we were provided with only one bar soap (no facial soap), and washcloths are not provided at all. The housekeeping staff did not know the difference between a bath towel and a hand or face towel. When I ordered an extra of each, all we got were bath towels.

The walls are paper thin and you can hear everything in the next room(s) and all the comings and goings in in the hallway.

The elevators are a joke -- way too tiny, only two of them to service the entire hotel. At check-in we were never told you needed to use the room key to get the elevator to stop at your floor on the way up, and this was initially very frustrating and embarrassing.

The valet service ($30 including tax for overnight parking and unlimited in/out privileges) was courteous, though there is no way to contact the valet directly when you need your car (you have to call the front desk, which then contacts the valet, so you're not entirely confident that the message was communicated to the valet). Then you have to wait 20 minutes for the car to arrive. This is ok if you ask for the car 20 minutes ahead and you trust the front desk clerk.

There is no fridge, microwave, or coffee maker in the room. If you want a mini-fridge, you need to ask for one to be put in your room, and it's not guaranteed there will be one available.

Also, the room AC is extremely loud, and it was annoying.

My advice is that this is a fine place for just an overnight, if you have the foresight to bring the belongings you'll need for the overnight in a separate small bag and can put up with the teeny bathroom.

We were planning on another stay at this B2 in January, but given this experience with the tiny room and bathroom, it's a "thumbs-down".

T N:

Thank you for your scores on sleep quality, location, cleanliness and service. Indeed b2 Miami brings in a modern, chic approach to hotel feel and the furniture in our rooms are more like what one would expect in an urban boutique property.

b2 miami also has several different room types which include different size bathrooms. I hope next time you visit Miami you will experience one of our b enhanced rooms which has quite a spacious bathroom and standing shower, and comes with a pull out sleeper sofa and mini fridge.

I hope to meet you in person next time you visit.

Chesterfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I had the misfortune to arrive thinking I had made a reservation and hadn't. Stanley, the front desk super hero saved my miserable soul and found us a room -saving us from a miserable night. I can't praise Stanley enough for his herculean work to secure us a room. I hope his superior customer service is recognized by his management. He definitely knows how to treat his customers. I thoroughly enjoy his friendly greetings and dedicated work ethic.

Our room is modern, very clean, with a fantastically sharp TV and a great view of Biscayne Bay. We have an in-room safe, Iron, and WiFi. However, we do miss a tissue box and washcloths. There was no dresser with drawers to store the contents of our suitcases. Room temperature control is excellent.

Room Tip: The best view is on the East side of the hotel.
Dear fundinga:

Thank you for your great review, and your comments about Stanley, our front office supervisor. He is indeed one of our greatest assets and our guests really appreciate him, as do I. I passed on your comments to him and celebrated his efforts in front of the team.

I'm glad you got to enjoy everything b2 has to offer. I trust this will B your home every time your travels bring you through Miami.

Until then, B well!

Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were clean and trendy. A bit on the small side but we were just there to sleep. Bathroom was very small. You could literally sit on the toilet and wash your hands at the same time. On the night of nov 24 we were gonna go down to cvs and the elevator wouldn't move and the door was closed. We were pushing the emergency button and nothing was happening. Then it took us up to the 15th floor and dropped down to 10. We were screaming and our legs were giving out cuz we thought we were gonna fall to the ground level. It was very scary. The doors finally opened on the 7th floor and there was a group waiting to go in and we ran out saying don't use it!!! We ran downstairs and the next morning we hauled our luggage down the stairs again. Thanks b2 for giving us a good reason to be terrified of elevators! But other then that it was good.

• Stayed November 2013
Hello from b2 Miami downtown feliciadumont:

And thank you for your scores and comments with regards to our property, our rooms and its amenities. I'm very sorry you experienced an issue with our elevator. I want you to know we had it looked at the very next day and everything is working normally.

I hope the next time you come through Miami you will once again stay with us. I know you will enjoy it greatly.

B well!

Traralgon, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We had a good room on the corner of the building, great views.
Well great views out of the tiny window that we had. The building looks to be getting a reno but that should not stop them from finishing the rooms to better than just done, paint overspray all over. Apart from the little window and the very noisy a/c this was a good place to stay and very comfy. with its close location to the bay and shopping it was all within a walk.
The elevators are slow and the check in/out process was long.
The bar at the bottom of the place is a bit overpriced, so be aware of the $10 drink price

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Greetings Captain Tex80

And thank you for your comments with regards to value, location sleep quality and service. I am glad that you found our new property pleasing and meeting your needs.

I took note of the noise level of the AC in your room and have already had it service. Next time you visit us, please look for me personally. I want to make sure we get you into one of our b enhanced or stunning rooms. The windows on these rooms are much wider and offer breath taking views of the bay, the port of Miami, the city and the AA Arena, home of the Miami Heat.

Thank you for being our guest!

Sig Varela

Been to YVE Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!