“Great Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of b2 miami downtown

You added b2 miami downtown to your Saves list
b2 miami downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   146 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132 (Formerly Continental Downtown Bayside Port of Miami) (Downtown)   |
Ranked #44 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The customer service at the B2 was outstanding, from the Sales Manager Wendy Zane to the attendant Jose in the lobby. We had a big group of over 40 people staying at the B2 and they were more than accommodating. The meeting room space they provided was just the right amount of space. Also, if we had any changes to the hotel list, Camila made the changes within 15 minutes. I would definitely stay there again, as it was conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Miami.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sig V, General Manager at b2 miami downtown, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Good afternoon Brandon T:

Truly Wendy and Camila are two of our aces in the sales and reservations department. They specialize in making sure that despite of being part of a large group each individual gets the full b2 treatment.

Know that you are welcome to return either on your own or with your group. We enjoyed having them as our guests.

B well

Sig Varela

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Arabic first
Orlando, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed there this past June and was a little disappointed with my tiny window view of an alley. Nothing like what they project on their home page. Their Ikea styled rooms were clean. However the ac was not working properly. The Front office sent a polite engineer to check the room for me and recommended that I changed rooms. I thought great. Another room with it perhaps a better view. I was mistaken. I was given the same exact small windowed room on a higher floor. This room also had an ac that was not working properly. At this point I was a little frustrated. The slow and cramped elevator did not help also.
At 3pm the lobby was full of guests trying to check in. I was told I had to wait for the next available room.
Sitting in the lobby Yadira came out from the Front Desk to apologize sincerely and offer me 2 drink tickets for their bar while I waited. A simple acknowledgement and gesture was all it took to sway my opinion. Despite the facility and a misleading webpage, the staff are friendly and sincere.

Room Tip: Examine the type of suites online before booking. Photos are available, you just have to dig a lit...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Good evening Rafael R:

First of all thank you for your honest review. I really appreciate candid feedback as there is always something I can take to improve our delivery. Indeed we need to get you to experience our B enhanced suites, which are our version of a spacious jr. suite complete with a pull out sofa, love seat, and a spacious bathroom with glass doors.

This type of room combined with the service you enjoyed I feel will completely win you over. When you return to Miami I hope you will give us that opportunity. It will be the best service / facility combination you have yet experienced.

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We often stay at the Marriott Biscayne Bay, but after seeing the reviews and the incredable price, we made our reservation. We had seen the hotel before the remodel, as we lived at the Viscayne for a year.

Check-in had one issue, as our room was still not ready at 430 pm, but the desk gave us a top floor upgrade.

The rooms were clean and nice.

I would like to see in room coffee makers. A 6$ cup of cofee via room service is a little steep

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Good evening Stephen c:

And thank you for your review. We are definitely starting to be recognized as a gem in the neighborhood. Seeing the transformation happen while living next door, I'm sure you were surprised by the end result of our multi million dollar renovation. b2 miami has been well received in the area thanks to generous comments such as yours.

If you travel to Miami often, perhaps we can set you up with a repeat guest rate. You can reach me at the hotel and I'll lead you through the process. Also, though we do not have coffee makers in the rooms, we offer a upscale blend of La Colombe coffee complimentary in our signature restaurant the Biscayne Tavern. It's great coffee and a great free B!.

I hope to hear from you again and better yet, meet you during your next visit.

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The bed is by far the MOST comfortable we have ever slept in! The room was clean, need to make sure there are enough towels though. The bathroom is in need of some enlarging, but overall, the rate and location makes this an enjoyable place to stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sig V, General Manager at b2 miami downtown, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Good afternoon Kimkoala67:

You are 100% correct, our beds are like no other. If you ever need the information on where to buy one just let me know. I am glad you enjoyed our accommodations and service. Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to meet you when you return to Miami. Until then,

B well!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed here for Labor Day weekend with 2 of my girlfriends. We were in room 408 with 2 double beds and a view of the bay. I have to admit the view was beautiful!! The rooms are very small and the bathroom too. There's only 2 elevators so upon checking out make sure you give yourself at least 30-45 minutes before check out time to be able to catch an empty elevator so you can fit all your stuff! But those are just minimal things. The hotel was very clean, bell boys were very friendly, and the fact that you need a room key to go up the elevator gives me a good sense of security. Parking is $31 overnight and $10 for the day, however there are parking meters right across the street if you can find an empty one. There is a $50/night deposit held as well. One weird thing I noticed was that this hotel has NO POOL! Very weird! Wouldn't mind staying here again at all!

Room Tip: Bay view room is very nice! Of course, the higher up the better view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Greetings from b2 Sandi815:

Thank you so much for your review. I am glad you and your girlfriends enjoyed your stay and experienced downtown's newest addition to the hospitality industry. Many people comment on our subtle security features such as the key access requirement for the elevators, and I am happy to see they are well received.

I am also pleased that the friendliness of our staff conitnues to be commented on. To us, that is the key to any good stay.

I hope to meet you in person on your next visit to b2 miami downtown. Be sure to look for me please!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The staff at the b2 in downtown Miami really deserve kudos!! Everyone from front desk to maintenance were EXTREMELY nice and helpful!! Maybe having to leave the bathroom door open because it was too small to move around if it was closed could have easily been attributed to "that's how things are when you come to Miami" or "you're in Miami, who's gonna be in the hotel anyway" But the fact that we had to endure cold showers and spent one morning with NO WATER at all (due to a pipe bursting) was a bit of a hard pill to swallow. When I called to report the no water issue I was assisted by the most apologetic front desk agent who informed me of the plumbing issue and offered to send up some gallons of water for our use. Later that day we returned to the room to find a letter from management apologizing for the inconvenience and offering two free beers from the hotel restaurant bar (which we gladly accepted lol).
This one has me torn, but I must admit I will probably look into other alternatives before I book at the b2 again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Danielle P:

I can see you stayed with us during our pipe incident. As can sometimes happen, these unforeseen incidents can show up out of nowhere. It was a trying day for everyone, but in the end I share your sentiments towards our staff. I was here behind the scenes working to restore services to our guests as quickly as possible, and through out those four hours I encountered numerous guests that felt the b2 team handled the situation with utmost professionalism.

I am glad you took advantage of my offer to enjoy two complimentary beers at our signature restaurant Biscayne Tavern. And I hope you will give b2 miami downtown another try. Just imagine what an experience you will have when you match the great service you already enjoyed with an "event free" stay.

The team at b2 miami thanks you for being our guest, and welcomes the opportunity to host you once again.

Indian Rocks Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed here for one night pre-cruise in a bayview room. The staff were happy, friendly and efficient for the most part. The Tavern had great food and drinks both in the evening and at breakfast. Location is across from the Bayside Marketplace so plenty of choices are available. CVS is across the street. Did I say how happy the staff seemed? So great to go into a hotel and experience people who enjoy being at work. Very modern, hip look in the lobby. The room was smaller than some and the bathroom was tiny but they were clean and the view and location were wonderful. the bedding was fabulous. We had a great sleep and woke up to a view of the port and our ship. We enjoyed a leisurely morning breakfast buffet (free coffee is available at the Tavern) and a short, easy drive to the port.

I felt like the valet parking & help with the luggage was a little unorganized but that may be on my part. I am use to driving up and having an attendant immediately take care of my luggage and car. The luggage was going to be left until someone came to get it. I'm sorry but not on a street anywhere. We got them to take it inside and they left it in the floor while we checked in. There should be one person to handle taking luggage from car to room and vice versa. Next time we will just get our own luggage cart.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Great to hear from you IRB33785:

Happy, Happy, Happy is the way we like to see you, and our team really works hard at delivering that. But as you point out, it all starts with ourselves. This is indeed a happy place to work at, and we learned a long time ago that if our team is happy they will deliver that to our guests as well.

I have made notes with regards to your obaservation on our valet and have discussed it with the team. We are making some adjustments to our staffing that will ensure full coverage moving forward.

I hope to welcome you B-ack to Miami, where you should b2!

Sig Varela

Been to b2 miami downtown? Share your experiences!