“A great location for a hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of YVE Hotel Miami

You added YVE Hotel Miami to your Saves list
YVE Hotel Miami
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   146 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132 (Formerly b2 miami downtown) (Downtown)   |
Ranked #46 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Naples, Florida
“A great location for a hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at other hotels located not far from the b2, but for the price you can't go wrong. The rooms are small, as they updated an old building(the bathrooms are shall we say compact, but efficient),but it is worth upgrading to a bay front view room. Ask for one on a high floor. I spent a long time watching the people in Bayside Park across the street, and the boats moving back and forth in Biscayne Bay. Great for attending performances downtown, or taking a cruise ship! Park the car with the valet($30 a night, about average) and walk or take the Metromover to restaurants and events. There are plenty nearby to enjoy. The breakfast at Biscayne Tavern is about average, but their bar offers a nice selection of beers on tap and good bar food. The service is friendly, and the elevators can be busy. it is worth a repeat.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Good morning steelpanwoman;

And thank you very much for your review. I'm glad you took advantage of one of our b enhanced suites and enjoyed the amazing view it provides. As you pointed out, we have transformed the previous hotel into the new b2 miami downtown, the first of our brand, and it's very encouraging to see that our new approach to lifestyle hospitality is well received by seasoned travellers such as yourself.

If you have a minute, please email me directly (sig.varela@b2miamidowntown.com) with your thoughts about how our brekfast could go from average to great. I do hope you repeat and that I have the opportunity to meet you in person.

Sig Varela

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Arabic first
Gustavia, St Barthelemy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We chose this hotel because of the location and prices. The we met the staff and were nicely surprised by their kindness abd helpfulness. It was a great experience and we hope to be back in Miami, and only in this hotel!

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room with a double view. A perfect choice to admire the view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow Magdalena V, thank you for your comments.

Short and to the point but you said it all. The staff at b2 miami appreciates being recognized and I will B sure to share this review with them.

And you most definitely must stay with us next time you come to Miami. It is where you need to B.

Until the next time,

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

In time I believe that the b2 miami downtown will become the only go to hotel for both business and personal travel in the greater Miami downtown area. The location is second to none, with easy access to all of the area attractions and a short ride to South Beach, Lincoln Road, beaches, cruise lines and the airport. The staff is trained on the level of first class hotels everywhere and there are no hidden costs that plague many, if not most, of the Miami area. For the price and convenience I found it a clean, quiet, handsomely appointed alternative to other hotels that I have stayed in in my many travels to Southern Florida.

The staff and management went above and beyond the call of duty to help make our short stay as pleasant as possible, and we were treated like VIPs the entire week of our stay. No question went un-answered, no detail unresolved.

My advice to travelers is to take advantage of the super promotions and upgrade to a junior suite. It is well worth the added room size and beautiful bay side views from the upper floors of the hotel. You will not find a more comfortable bed and we went so far as to find the supplier for our new home in West Palm Beach.

With everything at hand, I don't think I could recommend a more suitable location for couples, small groups and business professionals. Believe me, over all, it is the best value I have found in a long long time and we will always make sure to stop by when we are in Miami.

Mark
Douglas
Sao Paulo, Brasil

Room Tip: Dont be shy! Upgrade! The promotional prices are so low that an upgrade is well worth the few extra...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Good morning mark m,

I am glad you and Douglas enjoyed your stay with us. Though we cherish all guest feedback, reviews such as yours have a special meaning to me and our our team. Having owned and operated hotels before you more than anyone can appreciate the effort the b2 team puts into delivering the type of experience you speak of. I will be sure to bring up your review during our next team meeting.

Needless to say, you know where you need to B next time you are in Miami. I hope to see you again soon.

B well!

Milano
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

3 days: 3 rooms changed!!!

Nothing to say about front desk, but they are managing a design hotel with services (air con, lights, phone, maintenance) totally weird.

First room, air con never stops.
Second room, impossible to sleep due to external lights of hotel (blue and red) lighting the room. Dark curtains not enough, it seemed to sleep in a tanning bed.

Finally, room has been upgraded to a bigger and side room (choose this!) so no light problems.

Valet parking stopped working in second day, no reasons and no explanation...simply disappeared.

Really bad service.

But people really kind. I think it's high management that is either faulty or inexperienced.

Ask for a price reductions and you'll get a 50%off and upgrade if available.

• Stayed July 2013
Greetings from Miami FedericoMilano;

I appreciate your candid commetns with regards to your recent stay. I want you to know that based on your comments we have already made changes to some of the items you mentioned. We have reduced the hours for our exterior lights and they now go off at midnight, and we have a new valet parking organization in charge of this service.

Thank you for your comments regarding our front office team. They are a true example of what b2 miami offers from a guest service standpoint.

I hope you have the opportunity to return to Miami, and that b2 will have the chance to completely impress you.

Until then, B well!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Great atmosphere, staff and view. This newly renovated hotel is a downtown Miami gem. Great location in the heart of Downtown Miami, steps away from the AA Arena and a hop and a skip away from trendy Wynwood and South Beach. The prices were considerably low considering how high Miami prices can get. The staff was helpful and exceeded our expectations in every aspect. The young man, Cesar, managing that night was an absolute delight. Thanks to him we ventured into the hotel gastropub and enjoyed some of the most delectable short rib sliders. YUM! We used the hotel as a weekend getaway and we will definitely B back. BTW, I loved the Aveeno shower products. Nice touch!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Good morning taddiestaste;

The service team at b2 miami is very thankful for your review. I read it to the team this morning and Cesar in particular sends his regards. As you pointed out, our location is indeed second to none, and our goal is to claim our position for offering a lifestyle hotel experience at a value.

I am especially happy to see that the connection we created with you now has you using B language. That's fantastic!

B well, and please knock on my door when you return. I would enjoy meeting you in person.

Queens, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Overall, this hotel was great. There were a few minor things about the hotel that could have been better which is why I didn't give it 5 stars (to some people, these minor things may not matter). The hotel was great for the price. The room was smaller than I expected but it was still comfortable and very clean. The ambiance of the room was great. The room didn't have a refrigerator or a toilet paper holder. The toilet paper was just placed on the sink. Trying to contact the front desk was a bit of a hassle because the line was always busy. This hotel has a spa and a poor excuse for an exercise room. This hotel doesn't have a pool either. The location is very convenient. It is located next to Bayside which has places for you to eat and shop. There is also a bus right across the street which gets you to South Beach in about 15 minutes for $2. This was a great overall experience. I would recommend this hotel to others and I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello from Miami Jazman2013;

Thanks for your feedback and for your good rating. It's constructive feedback such as this that allows us to go from good to great. I am glad your experience was pleasant enough to not only return to b2 miami, but recommend it as well.

As you pointed out in your review, we are in the center of it all, and it's where you should b2!

with B-est regards,

Port Charlotte, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

There's some beautiful pictures of this hotel online and the hotel is beautiful in person but there's no pool and only 2 elevator's. I had to walk 10 flights of steps due to a bus load of people waiting on the elevators. Checking out was horrible due to there only being two people at the counter at all times. I now see why I got such a great price for my stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Alwaysaldie:

Thank you very much for taking the time to review b2 miami downtown and for your scores under clealiness, rooms and sleep quality. I see your stay coincided with the day one of our elevators was being repaired. The repairs were performed that same day and in a few hours all was back to normal. However, I do apologize for the inconvenience of having to take the stairs.

I would really appreciate the opportunity to have you return so we can deliver on the other areas of your stay that you mentioned could be improved. The opportunity would be an honor for us.

Feel free to contact me directly at the hotel when you are ready to return.

Sig Varela

Been to YVE Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!