“Chic Hotel, Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of b2 miami downtown

Save Saved
You added b2 miami downtown to your Saves list
b2 miami downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   146 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132 (Formerly Continental Downtown Bayside Port of Miami) (Downtown)   |
Ranked #46 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Queens, NY
“Chic Hotel, Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Overall, this hotel was great. There were a few minor things about the hotel that could have been better which is why I didn't give it 5 stars (to some people, these minor things may not matter). The hotel was great for the price. The room was smaller than I expected but it was still comfortable and very clean. The ambiance of the room was great. The room didn't have a refrigerator or a toilet paper holder. The toilet paper was just placed on the sink. Trying to contact the front desk was a bit of a hassle because the line was always busy. This hotel has a spa and a poor excuse for an exercise room. This hotel doesn't have a pool either. The location is very convenient. It is located next to Bayside which has places for you to eat and shop. There is also a bus right across the street which gets you to South Beach in about 15 minutes for $2. This was a great overall experience. I would recommend this hotel to others and I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sig V, General Manager at b2 miami downtown, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Hello from Miami Jazman2013;

Thanks for your feedback and for your good rating. It's constructive feedback such as this that allows us to go from good to great. I am glad your experience was pleasant enough to not only return to b2 miami, but recommend it as well.

As you pointed out in your review, we are in the center of it all, and it's where you should b2!

with B-est regards,

Sig Varela

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
Port Charlotte, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

There's some beautiful pictures of this hotel online and the hotel is beautiful in person but there's no pool and only 2 elevator's. I had to walk 10 flights of steps due to a bus load of people waiting on the elevators. Checking out was horrible due to there only being two people at the counter at all times. I now see why I got such a great price for my stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sig V, General Manager at b2 miami downtown, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Alwaysaldie:

Thank you very much for taking the time to review b2 miami downtown and for your scores under clealiness, rooms and sleep quality. I see your stay coincided with the day one of our elevators was being repaired. The repairs were performed that same day and in a few hours all was back to normal. However, I do apologize for the inconvenience of having to take the stairs.

I would really appreciate the opportunity to have you return so we can deliver on the other areas of your stay that you mentioned could be improved. The opportunity would be an honor for us.

Feel free to contact me directly at the hotel when you are ready to return.

North Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel was chic. I think its the best way to put it. The room was small but doable. The biggest inconvenience was the size of the bathroom. If you sit on the toilet, the sink was in your lap and our sink did not have proper drainage so it flooded. Outside of that, the room was AWESOME! We had a bay view room w/ a great view. The room was clean & beds comfortable. The hotel only has 2 elevators and the weekend we were there, one of the elevators was broken. That caused a major inconvenience trying to leave the hotel (since we had bags in hand for a day out in the city). The hotel has GREAT location to Bayside, Downtown, AAA and a view. Bayside alone provided enough of a reason to stay here. The staff was very helpful and WILLING to help. Valet was an issue most of the stay here. Maybe because there wasnt enough people, but on one occasion it took the team about 30 minutes to find my car and my brothers car. Somehow the tickets got lost or didn't match our cars. Once Aldo noticed that mistake, he made sure to fix the tickets on both of our cars and make sure it didnt happen again. Checkout took time, but there were only 2 people in front desk and many of us were checking in/out it appeared. A major disappointment was the cost of valet when looking at my bill. I expected to pay $25/car/night and even called to verify that pricing. When I received my bill, there was a $7.50 "parking surcharge" on top of the $25 valet fee AND taxes on valet as well. Factor in staying 2 nights w/ 2 cars and tip to the valet attendants, that alone can be pretty costly. I wish I was told this earlier so I can better prepare the parking situation (since I live in Miami). The only reason for the 4 rating is because I felt mislead about the billing and the whole Valet situation (which I feel would have been better managed with more people on staff). For the price, staying at the b2 was worth it. The overall experience wasn't a bad one and I would definitely consider staying here again if I need another get-away.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 12th Floor and had Bay View Rooms. While it is more expensive, it is well worth the...
Dear Dave V;

I really appreciate you taking the time to review our property. Perhaps next time you stay with us we can get you into one of our b enhanced suites which are quite spacious, and come with a standin shower with glass doors. The view in this room type is also amazing.

Thank you very much for the comments regarding our staff. We do indeed have a great group of team members that share the common goal of providing the best possible service. I'll have you know also that we have made some changes in our valet parking operation and the turn around has drastically decreased.

We look forward to your return to Miami and to b2.

Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff, neat hotel, great value for the location, beautiful view. Wish there was a pool but that might have been a blessing in getting the kids to check out faster. Convenient self parking. Rooms small but comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013
Good morning Pappidallas:

And thank you very much for your review. I am glad you got to enjoy the results of our recent renovation and introduction of the first b2. The staff really appreciates your comments and can't wait for you and the family to return.

Until then, B well!

florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

the room was super tiny, the bathroom wasn't even big enough to think in, let alone turn around to flush the toilet. i got a good deal on a 4 night stay so the size wasn't a big deal however the staff wasnt the nicest, specifically a younger girl with long hair that works at the front desk. she must of been new because she was had no concept of customer service!
a side note, im pretty sure the Haitian/black valet guy stole my wallet when it fell out my purse into my car. (ps im black this is not a racist statement)
i would definitely recommend this hotel to my worst enemy and hope they have the same experience on a much needed vacation as i did!
2 thumbs down, hated it

Room Tip: they may all be very small, ask to see them if you can
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sig V, General Manager at b2 miami downtown, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Good morning justwantedavacay:

I read your review and wanted to thank you for the feedback. b2 miami has different room types among which you will find our b enhanced. It is our version of the Jr. Suite and I believe you will find that room more spacious.

The b2 team works hard to exceed our guests' expectations in service. As you mentioned, ocassionally we bring in new members that have a learning curve. Nonetheless I have addressed this with our front office executive and will be placing special emphasis on this process moving forward.

I trust that we will have an opportunity to expose you to our larger room types and the full extent of b2 miami services which many have already enjoyed. Please ask for me directly next time you reserve and I'll see to it personally.

B well!

Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Vanessa G

This hotel is modern, clean and well kept and the staff were very friendly and courteous at all times. My husband and I were given a bay view room with a very comfortable bed and an extremely clean bathroom which was well maintained throughout our stay. It is a great location for shopping, which I enjoyed a great deal. The Biscayne Tavern downstairs provides tasty meals and there are other good restaurants around the hotel too.
To David, Nicky and the rest of the team thanks and keep up the good work! See you all again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Good morning Vancg685;

I thank you for your comments regarding our level of service, our clealiness, and over all our great facility. b2 has arrived in Miami with great impact, making accessible to all the benefits of a boutique style hotel, and at affordable rate. As you mentioned, our location is also second to none, with shopping, entertainment and dining all within a few steps.

I will share your comments with the team, especially Nicky and David. They are indeed two of our superstars.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you once again, it will B our pleasure.

Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My fiancee and i stayed at b2 for 5 days, we stayed in a bayview room, the view from the room was awesome, the room itself is very modern and clean cut. The location is awesome, its right across the road from bayside marketplace, and smack in the middle of dt shopping area. i really had a great time at this hotel, ohh the food at biscayne tavern is to die for. Breakfast was amazing, great selection of food. all in all a great stay, excellent value for money too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sig V, General Manager at b2 miami downtown, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Good morning Stacey_r34:

Thank you so much for your review and kind words about our facility. b2 miami has been open now for almost 4 months and it is great to see that the results of our extensive renovation are well received. I trust we will have the honor of hosting you again when you return to Miami.

Until the, B happy!

Sig Varela

Been to b2 miami downtown? Share your experiences!