“Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of b2 miami downtown

Save Saved
You added b2 miami downtown to your Saves list
b2 miami downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   146 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132 (Formerly Continental Downtown Bayside Port of Miami) (Downtown)   |
Ranked #45 of 130 Hotels in Miami
Jupiter, Florida
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, very modern beautiful decor. Very clean and comfortable. Location is spectacular..directly across from Bayside. We will absolutley stay at B2 again our next trip down to Miami!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Arabic first
Miramar, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I booked 2 nights at B2 Miami for a conference that happen to start the same night as the NBA finals game 7. I booked thru Groupon since they offered the same room for 50% off.I booked about a week before the date, but when i went to check in they couldn't find my reservation. Twenty minute later the supervisor finally decided to give us a key...

Coming back from the first night of the conference my sister and I decided we wanted to watch the game and eat some dinner at the restaurant. But we did room service instead. We did a quick run to CVS across the street to get a few things before room service came. We met room service at our door and proceeded to open the door but our room card wouldn't work...Went down-stair to get it fix ,the new cards still didn't work. While the maintenance guy tried to fix the door he told us to wait at the restaurant . We went to the restaurant to be rudely and condescendly told by the host that "the restaurant is full,watch the game upstairs in your room its on channel 10". She went back and forth with my sister and I about going elsewhere to watch the game, but easily allowed passer-byes off the street entrance.

I was livid, To be a paying customer and to be told go to my room to watch the game. Which i was locked out of!!!.. .One hour later with cold food and bags in our hands ,the supervisor opened our door. We told him this was ridiculous ,especially now that our highly priced and taxed food is an hour cold. He said "I'll see what i can do" and left to never be seen again. I guess he was too busy watching the game which we ended up not being able to see like we planned on.

The next day we left for the conference and came back to freshen up, only for the key not to work again. The room was nice and clean but this was ridiculous. Not once did the supervisor suggest to change rooms, he didn't even waived the food that had gotten cold due to their slow response to the situation. Matter a fact he never came back to check if everything was good after that night. Which ended up being an on going problem the whole weekend. I don't care if I paid 50% off the original price, customer service and satisfaction should be a priority and apparently at B2 it really isn't.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Very nice stay. The rooms are small but very nice. The restaurant staff was very accomondating and courteous. The valet service was awwesome!!!!! Carlos is the best ever. He helped us get wherever we wanted to go. When you come to visit just ask for carlos and Ricardo!

• Stayed June 2013
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

-nice room, very modern, comfortable bed, flat screen tv with lots of channels - even an option to order room service
-bathroom was small but adequate, no hair dryer tho!
-great view from the 12th floor, I could see a portion of Biscayne Bay, Bayfront Park, Bayside Marketplace and the American Airlines Arena
-superb housekeeping, changed my towels, but I couldnt find the Do Not Disturb sign that I can hang on the door
-valet and staff friendly, met a few on the lobby and elevator
-fast check out - but I hated waiting til 4 for check in ( i got there at 3 but couldnt get my room til 4; never happened to me yet in hotels in Vegas, LA, Montreal, New York, Detroit, Vancouver and Toronto)
-convenient location, MetroMover stop close to hotel, also across the street is a bus stop where you can take route C straight to South Beach; one side of hotel has a CVS Pharmacy and the other side, about a minute walk, is a 7-11

Room Tip: Bayside view if you can
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is a good place to stay if you are going to downtown Miami for a just a night. The location is the perfect walk to Bayside, where there is shopping, restaurants, and entertainment, and the American Airlines Arena.

The hotel itself was cute, there was construction on the façade of the hotel, so it seemed they were in the midst of a renovation, trying to modernize the interior and exterior of the building. The hotel room was small, but it had a nice view of the bay. There is a restaurant with a full bar, I didn't have a chance to try it but it had low lighting and looked intimate.

My only complaint is that the housekeeping was subpar. The bathroom was particularly gross, with hairs and smudges from previous tenants all over the place. It was just an utter lack of care and attention to detail. I am supposed to pretend that I am the only person that has been in this room, not be reminded of the hundreds who may have been before me.

All in all, the staff was friendly. The hotel offers only valet (no parking lot) so plan accordingly when you arrive to check in. The valet fee is charged to your room, so don't lose your voucher!
If you want some good Peruvian food, check out cvi.che 105 right around the corner from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I just got back from an overnight stay at b2 and was extremely impressed! The staff was friendly, helpful and eager to do whatever they could to make our stay enjoyable. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable and upon arrival, we were even upgraded to a corner room with amazing views of the city and Biscayne Bay! We had an opportunity to meet and chat with their GM Sig who went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed - valet, luggage service, etc. I was so impressed with b2 that even after being back only 1 day, I've already booked my next stay there for mid July with friends! I will definitely continue to stay here anytime I am in Miami! Thanks for everything Sig, Jasmin, David and all the rest of the great b2 staff!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sig V, General Manager at b2 miami downtown, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Hello Courtney

First of all, what a game last night!. I think I remember telling you we were going to do it in game 7. Glad to know you made it back home safe and sound and Thank You!!!! WOW, what a review. I passed on your comments to David and Jasmin. The team really enjoys hearing from guests through this venue and like I said, we use all the feedback for training and rewarding. Yours is definitely a rewarding one.

I hope you come back soon. Well B here waiting for you!!

Sig Varela
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Amazing hotel! We loved the view and the neighborhood it was located in. Only steps away from many attractions. Service was outstanding and workers smile and talked with you whenever they seen you! The manager was always walking around letting his presence be know which I thought was nice. Only thing I did not like was Valet parking it was $25 a night and sometimes we waited for our car to come for 30 minutes WAY to long. Another thing I did not like was the bathroom it was VERY VERY small but it got the job done. I would definitely stay here the next time we come down. In a nut shell Service was great, room was great, workers were great, and area was great. I recommend anyone to stay here rather it be family friends or couples. At the end of the trip while packing our things my husband found 2 pairs of little boys underwear and a little bit of trash under the bed which I found to be unacceptable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to b2 miami downtown? Share your experiences!