“Pre-cruise stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of YVE Hotel Miami

You added YVE Hotel Miami to your Saves list
YVE Hotel Miami
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   146 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132 (Formerly b2 miami downtown) (Downtown)   |
Special Price
Spring Break 20% Off
Ranked #39 of 111 Hotels in Miami
Howard City, Michigan, United States
“Pre-cruise stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The B2 Miami is a great pre-cruise hotel. Everything was excellent! The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable, the beds were as promised, and the view was great. David, arranged the shuttle and kept our bags until we were ready to leave. The shuttle to the cruise port was $6.00 p/p. This hotel is very upscale without the price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Julie, you hit the nail on the head when you said "upscale without the price". That is exactly what we aim for and it's rewarding to hear from our guests that our concept and delivery is well received.

I hope next time you visit Miami you decide to stay with us again. I would really enjoy meeting you so please be sure to ask for me at check in.

Remember, here is where you should b2!

Sig Varela

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Arabic first
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Excellent option with outstanding service. Perfect location and nice room. Beautifull view with very professional personel. Tavern located first floor with excellent menu and service. Don't miss the Chocolate Chips Cookies !!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Good afternoon Mr. Erazo,

I am glad you enjoyed our new b2 miami downtown. Thank you for your great review. I hope it becomes your 2nd home every time you visit Miami. I'll make sure Chef Will keeps a fresh batch of his special chocolate chip cookies ready.

Until then, b well!

Princeton, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

When we first arrived (3 minute walk from free Metromover), we talked to Cesar at the front desk, who was incredibly friendly and helpful. He gave us the best room available (we requested a view of AA Arena and the bay) and called up a mini-fridge when we asked.

The room itself was nice, spacious, clean, and comfortable. The view, of course, was awesome. You need your room key to even go up the elevator, so I felt really secure. The bed was huge and had nice sheets and comforters and giant plump pillows. Big flatscreen HDTV was also nice, though we watched most of the games in the Biscayne Tavern downstairs, which has a great selection of beers on draft and other drinks, and also really friendly and helpful staff. Room service did their job well and respected all our privacy-please signs when we asked.

Location is great. Lotsa people think of SoBe when they think of Miami but don't realize that the best food (ceviche, Japanese, gastropubs, Cuban you name it) is in or near downtown. Easy to get to SoBe too (20 min bus ride with a stop in front of the hotel or 10-15 min cab ride). There's a CVS across the street for all your needs, Bayside Park for a nice stroll, Riverwalk and the lively Brickell district nearby, Metromover station, AA Arena..... Honestly doesn't get much better!

Finally, an experience that pushed the hotel over the edge into the top 3 hotels I've ever stayed in. When my girlfriend's and my phones were stolen, we tracked them to right in front of b2. When I confronted them and they sprinted, a few valets, bellhops, (Jeff, Jose, Ariel) and Cesar chased after the thieves with me, tackled them, and recovered our phones. Afterwards, Fi at the bar also comped us 2 beers to help us recover. Now that's called service.

All in all, an excellent experience.

Room Tip: "City Chic" view is great
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Jeffrey; it is indeed an honor for us to factor as one of the top three hotel stays you have experienced. I shared your comments with the valet team and Cesar at our front desk and they were blown away. The staff at b2 is really dedicated to going above and beyond, and what they did for you and your girlfriend really raised the bar for all of us.

I hope to be around when you return to Miami, I want to welcome you personally.

Until then, b well and b safe!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Horrible houaekeeping, never change bed sheet with multiple requests. Carpets are so dusty. housekeeper never refill shampoo and soaps during the 5 nights stay. we have to ask front desk for refill every night. No guest parking except valet parking.

• Stayed June 2013
Good afternoon Bigrock406;

I am really sorry we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay. I want you to know that we give reviews such as yours the utmost priority for they may reveal areas in which we can improve our delivery.

If you have a minute, I would appreciate if you contacted me at the hotel so I can gather some more information and put our solutions in place. I would also like to offer you a courtesy for your next stay.

I hope to hear from you soon

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Wow, what a great surprise this was. My girlfriends and I reviewed a lot of hotels in Miami prior to our "girls weekend") and bumped into b2. It seemed like a new place with not a lot of comments but had a great deal, so we took the chance. When we arrived we soon realized that we made the right decision. A bit of delay at valet was soon overcome by very nice reception by the front desk staff. The lady manager (can't recall hire name) was floating around making sure we felt welcome while we waited for our turn.

I asked her about a couple of places to go with a bunch of girls and she was so helpful. We got to our rooms and we had different rooms. Mine was a nice mini suite with a couch and mini fridge, a few of the other girls had a smaller room but honestly no one minded. The beds were AMAZINGLY COMFORTABLE and the bathrooms though small had good quality soap and shampoo: aveda....

The housekeeping staff doesn't speak much English but if you take a couple of minutes with them they understand you and I have to say, that room was clean..

Didn't get to eat at the hotel restaurant but it seemed like a good place to hang out. We were there during a heat game. Not our preference but still.

This is a must repeat. We will be back!

Room Tip: Get the corner room that has the extra couch and the standing shower.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hello from Miami Roadwarrior2..

It was our pleasure taking care of your group. I am almost certain I remember you all and I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye when you left. I hope you had a good time at the restaurant I recommended.

I am going to hold you to your promise to repeat your stay. The team at b2 miami downtown will be here to pamper you and your friends once again.

B well!

Chester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Got to Miami in time for Heat Game on Sunday. This great Hotel is only a 3 minute walk from AA Arena. We had tickets to the game,and after we came back to the hotel we had a blast in the "Biscayne tavern" they have some great brews and the ribs are just the best.

Our room was immaculate, with big fluffy towels. We had a view of the Bayside shops, the port of Miami and the Miami Bay. We were able to watch one of the cruise ships sail away while watching from the 12th floor. What a spectacular sight!! We have some great pictures.

Our room had plenty of space and we felt very comfortable. Housekeeping was prompt and did a great job preparing the room each day. The white decor gives a feeling freshness that really exceeded our expectations. The beds are great, I have a bad back and I was able sleep very well ( better than at home)

We didn't have any problems with the elevator security, but we did notice some folks couldn't figure out that they had to use their room key to activate the elevator. I think it is a great security feature that no one without a room key can access the upper floors with the elevator.

The valets were helpful, and were able to provide us with local information that was spot on!

The value received compared to the price paid makes this hotel the best choice when you are planning your next trip to Miami.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Bay.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Miami love_travel69, and thank you for your great review. I am very happy we were able to exceed your expectations. As you commented, b2 is a great facility and the staff here really enjoys making every guest feel welcome.

I hope you stop by my office next time you visit Miami, after all Miami is where you should b2!

Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have to say, I will never ever stay at this hotel again, nor can I ever recommend this hotel. Read the previous comments on the hotel, and many people highly recommended this hotel due to the recent renovations. However, there is a large amount of work they need to complete before allowing guests to stay at this hotel moving forward.

First, elevators--it will take a good 15-20 mins for the elevator to come to your floor, so if you are on the top floor of the hotel, plan on waiting or hoovin' it down the steps. (By the way, in 90+ degree weather, expect to be drenched in sweat when you hit the lobby).

The room we checked into was a suite, or so they say. The room was very small and very dirty. When we checked in, their was still rings on the night stands and coffee table where the last guests had left their glasses. The refrigrator still had drinks in it and the room was very dark and musty. The headboard was white, but had something smeared across it and the bathroom was nasty. The toilets and shower had not been cleaned before we checked and we literally had two towels on the counter.

The room did not have an iron, ironing board or hairdryer.

If you are staying with kids, note the hotel will tell you they have cribs, (a play-pen) however the front desk may tell you they do not (Luck of the draw on their front desk staff). Keep asking if you do decide to stay, as we found out only after we decided to leave after the first night, they have them in a front storage closet. Not all of the front desk is aware.

Again, this a new hotel, so maybe it will get better, but for now I would highly encourage you to stay far away from this disaster of a hotel.

Room Tip: Valet guys are the BEST!!! Every set of the way, they were over the top fantastic!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Austin Girl 75

I want to start by apologizing as our goal is to deliver a much more different experience than the one you had. Know that all your feedback is welcome and we will use it to improve our systems and processes.

I would really appreciate if you contacted me directly so I can gather more information on your stay, and offer you a courtesy for your next trip to Miami. Hopefully you will allows the opportunity to redeem ourselves and display true b2 Miami downtown service.

GM

Been to YVE Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!