“Elegantly Modern, Comfortable...$6 Shuttle Ride to Port” 5 of 5 stars
Review of b2 miami downtown

Booking.com Orbitz.com
b2 miami downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   146 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132 (Formerly Continental Downtown Bayside Port of Miami) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #51 of 131 hotels in Miami
San Francisco, California
“Elegantly Modern, Comfortable...$6 Shuttle Ride to Port”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

After a long trip from San Francisco, Ca, this was like heaven. The king size bed, the modern, classy decor, aveda products, and an awesome city view. Conveniently located...biscayne marketplace is across the street, which is an outdoor shopping center w great places to eat. I ate at Biscayne Tavern at the hotel and recommend the Ahi Burger...yum!!! Kevin is a fun person to chat with, friendly...makes you feel welcome. They also have tons of beer on tap so enjoy. This hotel is a $6 shuttle ride to Port of Miami. Just wait outside and someone, will get you a shuttle and you're off to Port in less than 10 minutes. No reservations, it's easy. Cons...bathroom is small but the hottttt hotttt shower and amazing water pressure makes up for it. All in all, I had sweet dreams and that's all I ask for when away from my own bed. Book it.com was only $99/night.

Room Tip: Was on fifth floor city view in the corner and it was super quiet...corner rooms are the best. View...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Sig V, General Manager at b2 miami downtown, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear VJade: On behalf of the team at b2 Miami downtown and the Biscayne Tavern I want to thank you for your review. I am very glad that you found our property and amenities heaven-like, and even happier that you received outstanding service from Kevin, one of our very best.

As you pointed out, we have a pretty unique property that combines a chic approach at a value, located right in the heart of downtown Miami. I hope to welcome you back soon, and please ask for me at check in so I can meet you in person.

Until then, b well!

407 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
Boynton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We went to Bayside, in Miami, for Memorial Day. The B2 is directly across the street. So for as overnight quick stay, this place is great. Cheap but has good quality to it!! Rooms are typical for Miami. A bit on the smaller side. Again for an overnight or two nighter, You can't go wrong!!! Very clean and front desk was extremely nice and very helpful. So if you are looking for a great looking hotel and a great price, the B2 is the place!! You won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed May 2013
Sig V, General Manager at b2 miami downtown, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Hellol Dax S; and thank you very much for your review of b2 miami downtown. Indeed we enjoy a prime location by being right across from the Bayside Market Place, as well as the arts and entertainment district. It makes of b2 the perfect weekend getaway place.

I will be sure to share with our staff your compliments regarding our level of service and clealiness. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Miami, after all it's where you should b2.

B well!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This place has been very recently renovated, which was pretty much complete by the time we stayed there. The room had a big comfy bed and a good shower, but although we booked a City View room, there was only a tall narrow window overlooking one building. It is in a good location in downtown for public transport, near to American Airlines Arena and by the Bayside mall. We didn’t think the area behind it was too appealing however. The restaurant downstairs did decent food and drinks too. It still seemed to have some teething problems – the fire alarms kept going off and check-in queues were long. I think this was mainly due to their check-in time of 4pm, even though check out is 12pm, meaning a lot of people are waiting around. Even at 4pm our room still wasn’t ready (although they did offer us a free drink). But overall it was good value for money and I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sig V, General Manager at b2 miami downtown, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Good afternoon LeahandTom:

I am delighted to hear of your experience at our new b2 miami downtown. You are correct, our transformation is nearly finished, with only final touches to the exterior left, and we could not be more excited about it. Our apologies for the fire alarms as you must have been staying over the day we were doing one of the final tests. Thank you for your comments regarding our Blissful Bed®; it was designed especially for B Hotels and Resorts® and guests such as yourself can’t stop raving about it.

Please know that all your feedback is well received and will be used to fine tune the operation as a whole. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Miami, where you should b2!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My bf and I went on a cruise last week and decided to stay in Miami the night before our ship sailed. We have been planning this trip for a while so I have been searching group buying sites like Groupon and Travelzoo for any hotel deals. I came across a deal for this hotel for $99 including breakfast, so, it was obviously a no brainer and I decided to book a room. We got to the hotel around midnight, the lady at the reception desk was very nice. She was able to answer all my questions regarding late check out, what time the restaurant opens for breakfast, free wifi, etc. We were assigned in room 1116 and we couldn't find it at first because the hotel room layout was kind of weird. The room was kind of in the back and had it's own little hallway. Anyway, the room was small but clean. I don't have pictures but I remember seeing a blow dryer, iron/iron board, safe in the closet, extra towels, and toiletries in the bathroom. The 42" flat screen TV kept us entertained while we wait for our delivery (no room service, we ordered sub sandwiches from an Italian restaurant near by). The king bed was comfortable and the sheets were soft and clean.

The next day, we woke up around 9am and went down to Biscayne Tavern to eat breakfast. As I mentioned earlier, we received free breakfast buffet vouchers upon checking in. The food was pretty good! They had a good spread including french toast, different kinds of bread, sausages, bacon, fluffy scrambled eggs, and fruit. I enjoyed it so much that I forgot to ask the price for the buffet.

After breakfast, my bf decided he wanted to bring another pair of swimming trunks for our cruise. Good thing the B2 was right across the Bayside Marketplace, it took us less than 30 minutes to walk to the shop, buy a pair of swimming shorts and walk back to the hotel. Also, as many cruisers know, cruise company allows passengers to bring sodas/water/bottle of wine or champagne on embarkation day. It was really convenient that B2 was right across a CVS store. We purchased all our last minute necessities there, walked back up to the room and packed everything before noon.

Upon checking out, I asked if cabs were easy to come by in the area beacuse we need a ride to go to the Port of Miami. The receptionist said they offer a shuttle service that takes guests to the Port for $6/passenger. We said ok, we'll do that and she instructed us to wait in the lobby for the driver. We waited for about 5 minutes and the female driver arrived. She led us to the van, WE loaded our bags to the shuttle, and off we go! The drive to the Port was less than 10 minutes. She dropped us off to the wrong side of the Port though. Good thing one of the porters noticed the luggage tags on our bags and directed us to the correct building. I gave her $12 for the fare but she told me, "it does not include tax and TIP!" I have no problems giving tips to people who do their job well, but just make her leave, I just gave her $2. End of story. Room for improvement here. The Port was so close that taking a taxi shouldn't be a problem either... and maybe cheaper and faster.

Over all, I think it was a good place to stay before going on a cruise. I just wished there was some kind of room service to make it perfect. I would stay here again even without the promotional deal. But I'll consider taking a cab to the Port.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings from b2!; It's really great to hear from seasoned travelers such as yourself as you share your experience while at our new b2 Miami. I am very glad you found the property to not only have great staff but also be priced reasonably.

Please know that all your feedback is well received, and we will be emphasizing our in-room dinning offering during the check-in process so guests are aware of it. Our room service is provided by our signature restaurant, the Biscayne Tavern, and it really elevates the theme of comfort food to a new level.

I look forward to seeing you again back in Miami, where you should b2!

Willemstad, Curacao
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

As we were planning our trip to Miami, we came across this hotel via Trip Advisor. It had no reviews, because it was going through a renovation. We decided to call the hotel and check the status of the renovation and we were told that they just finished the major renovation and only have a few minor touch ups left to take care of. In our case we were just staying a day, because the next day we would board a cruise.

The hotels location is just perfect. It is surrounded by high buildings which give you the real downtown city feeling. The view is great and it has the Bayside Marketplace situated across the street which adds a lot of value to you stays. Bayside Marketplace consists of a great variety of shops and restaurants. Also for those who will board a cruise the next day or later, the hotel has a shuttle which drops you off at the cruise terminal. In case you need medicine, water or something to snack or eat, across the street to your left there is a CVS Pharmacy which has a lot to offer.

Entering the hotel you will immediately notice everything is new. The staff is very attentive and very service minded. The hotel has its own hotel bar and restaurant which also serves breakfast if you have added this to you booking. I haven't booked my stay including breakfast, so I couldn't rate this for you.

The room we booked did not have a view of the city, but I could imagine having this, it would be just beautiful overlooking Bayside Marketplace and looking at the cruises in port of Miami. The room was a bit small, but still comfortable. There is Wi-Fi in the room and the connection was fair to good.

Travelers Tip:
Getting to the hotel from the airport you could take a taxi, but there is a cheaper way. Take the Metro Rail from the airport to Government Center station. From there, take a Metro Mover to Bayfront Park. This costs only $2 per person total. Using this way of transport gave us a nice view of Miami, especially the Metro Mover riding downtown through all the high buildings. Arriving at Bayfront Park get down to street level and take a left. It is not even a 5 minute walk to the hotel

All in all I must say that even for a one night stay, I had a great stay.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view would be breathtaking overlooking the port of Miami
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear PHilhorst:

Thank you very much for your review. b2 miami downtown is indeed downtown's latest jewel, conveniently located near Miami's best offerings. We have completed renovations and as you stated, the entire property is brand new. We appreciate your comments regarding the staff's attention to our guests' needs and their dedication to exceptional service.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to saying hello next time you are in Miami. Remember, it's where you should b2!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Well I have to be totally and brutally honest - it is not the staff's fault that the owners of the B2 Miami decided to stay open when they took over the old continental hotel and do a major refurbishment. The staff need medals for the abuse they put up with whilst I was stating for 2 nights.

Anyhow the hotel - it is nearly finished although still no signage not even temporary which I find a very important oversight.

My executive room was large with a great view over Biscayne Bay. Shower only no bath but everything was clean and tidy.

Buffet breakfast and service in restaurant was good although the girls were happier serving than the guys.

I witnessed valet parking although did not use but I have to say it seemed very chaotic and mis-managed.

I would have no hesitation to recommend this hotel. Message to the owners value your staff and reward them for the crap they have had to put up with during the refurbishment. My only concern is has damage been done to your reputation. If it has it will be a shame as the nearly finished product is very good.

Come on owners/directors of the hotel - get a grip of the place before your reputation goes down the drain!!!!! You know you can do it!!!

Room Tip: Rooms over looking Biscayne Bvld are lovely
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Recife, PE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have been to the fresh opened B2 Miami Downtown the beginning of April and was quite surprised about the new hotel. It was restructured and refurnished and seems to be a brand new construction besides the buiding has been built on 50's. The spot is amazing, right across the Bayside Market, besides a CVS pharmacy, bus to Miami beach, Midtown and Hialea in front and metromover First street Station few steps on same sidewalk. Personel very kind, gentle and available for help you and solve any questions. The restaurant is very good and the best atmosphere for a happy hour. I definitely will come back to B2 in the next opportunity.

Room Tip: the best rooms are the ones with bay view. they stay at right side leaving the elevator!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear andrerecife:

Thank you very much for your review. Indeed our b2 is brand new as all renovations have been completed. Our guests can now enjoy downtown Miami's latest addition, bringing to the area a chic and approachable dimension of hospitality. We are indeed fortunate to be located in the heart of it all, where you should b2 when visting Miami. As you mentioned, we re also proud to have an approachable staff dedicated to meeting and exceeding each and every one of our guests' needs. I'll be sure to pass on your comments to them, as well as the team at our signature restaurant Biscayne Tavern.

Please look for me next time you check in to b2 so I can personally welcome you back.

GM

Been to b2 miami downtown? Share your experiences!