“Great hotel in a excelent location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of YVE Hotel Miami

You added YVE Hotel Miami to your Saves list
YVE Hotel Miami
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   146 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132 (Formerly b2 miami downtown) (Downtown)   |
Ranked #39 of 110 Hotels in Miami
Willemstad, Curacao
“Great hotel in a excelent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

As we were planning our trip to Miami, we came across this hotel via Trip Advisor. It had no reviews, because it was going through a renovation. We decided to call the hotel and check the status of the renovation and we were told that they just finished the major renovation and only have a few minor touch ups left to take care of. In our case we were just staying a day, because the next day we would board a cruise.

The hotels location is just perfect. It is surrounded by high buildings which give you the real downtown city feeling. The view is great and it has the Bayside Marketplace situated across the street which adds a lot of value to you stays. Bayside Marketplace consists of a great variety of shops and restaurants. Also for those who will board a cruise the next day or later, the hotel has a shuttle which drops you off at the cruise terminal. In case you need medicine, water or something to snack or eat, across the street to your left there is a CVS Pharmacy which has a lot to offer.

Entering the hotel you will immediately notice everything is new. The staff is very attentive and very service minded. The hotel has its own hotel bar and restaurant which also serves breakfast if you have added this to you booking. I haven't booked my stay including breakfast, so I couldn't rate this for you.

The room we booked did not have a view of the city, but I could imagine having this, it would be just beautiful overlooking Bayside Marketplace and looking at the cruises in port of Miami. The room was a bit small, but still comfortable. There is Wi-Fi in the room and the connection was fair to good.

Travelers Tip:
Getting to the hotel from the airport you could take a taxi, but there is a cheaper way. Take the Metro Rail from the airport to Government Center station. From there, take a Metro Mover to Bayfront Park. This costs only $2 per person total. Using this way of transport gave us a nice view of Miami, especially the Metro Mover riding downtown through all the high buildings. Arriving at Bayfront Park get down to street level and take a left. It is not even a 5 minute walk to the hotel

All in all I must say that even for a one night stay, I had a great stay.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view would be breathtaking overlooking the port of Miami
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear PHilhorst:

Thank you very much for your review. b2 miami downtown is indeed downtown's latest jewel, conveniently located near Miami's best offerings. We have completed renovations and as you stated, the entire property is brand new. We appreciate your comments regarding the staff's attention to our guests' needs and their dedication to exceptional service.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to saying hello next time you are in Miami. Remember, it's where you should b2!

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Arabic first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Well I have to be totally and brutally honest - it is not the staff's fault that the owners of the B2 Miami decided to stay open when they took over the old continental hotel and do a major refurbishment. The staff need medals for the abuse they put up with whilst I was stating for 2 nights.

Anyhow the hotel - it is nearly finished although still no signage not even temporary which I find a very important oversight.

My executive room was large with a great view over Biscayne Bay. Shower only no bath but everything was clean and tidy.

Buffet breakfast and service in restaurant was good although the girls were happier serving than the guys.

I witnessed valet parking although did not use but I have to say it seemed very chaotic and mis-managed.

I would have no hesitation to recommend this hotel. Message to the owners value your staff and reward them for the crap they have had to put up with during the refurbishment. My only concern is has damage been done to your reputation. If it has it will be a shame as the nearly finished product is very good.

Come on owners/directors of the hotel - get a grip of the place before your reputation goes down the drain!!!!! You know you can do it!!!

Room Tip: Rooms over looking Biscayne Bvld are lovely
Recife, PE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have been to the fresh opened B2 Miami Downtown the beginning of April and was quite surprised about the new hotel. It was restructured and refurnished and seems to be a brand new construction besides the buiding has been built on 50's. The spot is amazing, right across the Bayside Market, besides a CVS pharmacy, bus to Miami beach, Midtown and Hialea in front and metromover First street Station few steps on same sidewalk. Personel very kind, gentle and available for help you and solve any questions. The restaurant is very good and the best atmosphere for a happy hour. I definitely will come back to B2 in the next opportunity.

Room Tip: the best rooms are the ones with bay view. they stay at right side leaving the elevator!
Dear andrerecife:

Thank you very much for your review. Indeed our b2 is brand new as all renovations have been completed. Our guests can now enjoy downtown Miami's latest addition, bringing to the area a chic and approachable dimension of hospitality. We are indeed fortunate to be located in the heart of it all, where you should b2 when visting Miami. As you mentioned, we re also proud to have an approachable staff dedicated to meeting and exceeding each and every one of our guests' needs. I'll be sure to pass on your comments to them, as well as the team at our signature restaurant Biscayne Tavern.

Please look for me next time you check in to b2 so I can personally welcome you back.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The hotel's been renovated - it was previously called Continental Bayside Hotel and had pretty awful reviews - but to be fair they've done a reasonable job on the new hotel. The location is superb, the interior looks great, although the staff seemed a little disorganised. My room was on the penthouse floor and was very new, contemporary and tasteful. But there were problems: a lack of soundproofing means you can hear your neighbours quite clearly; no fridge (bizarre given Miami's heat); and no tea/coffee making facilities. I also can't work out why they assembled the bathroom lock on the wrong side of the door! Sadly I can't recommend this hotel, it needs a bit more work.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you tojones4 for your candid review. Indeed we were putting last minute touches on the renovation during your stay, which at times made it challenging for both staff and guests. I am happy to report that all renovations at the property have been completed and b2 miami downtown has now become the latest and greatest addition to the neighborhood, bringing with it an approachable yet stylish look and feel. Now that we are fully operational, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Miami, where you should b2!

ontario, canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

The location is excellent, everything is close by. The lobby decor is done in whites and blues and is very kitschy. Staff were very helpful and friendly. We got here before check in time and they stored our luggage and we went out exploring. Rooms are boutique like small but super clean and decorated beautifully. The beds are very comfortable. Highly recommend.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear chrsms;

Thank you for your feedback and review. As you mentioned, b2 miami downtown is centrally located within the destination and in close proximity to Miami's vibrant arts and entertainment district. We are excited to bring our new generation of lifestyle hotels to downtown Miami, and it is very comforting to see that guests such as yourself appreciate it.

Next time you check into b2 miami please ask for me. I would like to personally welcome you back!
rochester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We read alot of reviews about this hotel and decided to give it a chance the night before our cruise. It turned out to be a great choice and a great value. Yes there were renovations going on and you have to use the side door but it didnt make a difference. We stayed in room 205. The rooms are very small yet very fresh and clean from the renovation. The bed is very comfortable with nice bed linens on it. There is a small desk near the window and I believe there is free wi fi. The bathroom is extremely small but again very clean. The shower is great.... hot water and good pressure. There is even a safe in the room. One thing I did notice that the doors on the room dont seem like standard hotel doors... if someone slams a door down the hall you can hear it... thats why it was nice to have an end room. I also used the small fitness room which is basically a hotel room with a couple of machines but very nice to have available. We did not eat at the restaurant but we heard that coffee is free in the am in the lobby. Finally, there is a cruise shuttle but they like to have 4 people is what I kind of gathered, for what they charge it was about the same price of a taxi. This hotel was a great fit for us and would definitely stay there again. Its close to the port and near Bayside Mall. P.S Its also a non-smoking property now.

Room Tip: Rooms on the end of hall are probably quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for the great review prince043. I am glad we will be your choice next time you come through Miami. As you mentioned we are the perfect location for that pre or post cruise stay. Know that all your comments are well received and will be used to improve every aspect of our operation.

Please ask for me next time you check in to b2 miami downtown so I can welcome you personally.

Until then, B well!

GM

Been to YVE Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!